Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF-Bunker - Updated to Beta (Pre-Release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Bunker - Updated to Beta (Pre-Release)

Happy New Year, everyone.
    I have been working on my custom map for UT3 and I felt this was adequate for an alpha release.
    I'm releasing as Alpha since I would like some feedback on ammo/weapon/pickup placement.

The layout of the map is such that I tried to keep it fairly simple.
    As I was a UT2K4 player, I'm not a big fan of too many corners and such.
    I also tried to have the map well lit, at least for a night-time map.

Bunker is made mostly with static meshes (except for the walls of the middle corridor).
    Most meshes are in game meshes that were modified; and other meshes were either bought or downloaded (for free) from 3d websites .
    Also I have to thank Hourences for giving me his gate and fence model ^_^ (have to give credit).
    Also the folks at quakenet #unrealed are the best. If anyone needs help, go there.

Anyways, enough rambling. Please be gentle

FINAL VERSION RELEASED - Download
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...7#post25221677

WOW , that looks sweet. Downloading now and give a try. Glad to see more CTF maps being built , to many DM maps. If you dont mind me asking could you post where you got the meshes from?

Comment

yes very fun and nice map !

I will wait for final version

Comment

Great map jayoplus!

Comment

Looks very interesting, will download alpha when I am at home tonight. Allthough I have to admit that I get a bit turned off by the theme inside the bases(bunkers?). That theme has been used so much one just wants to puke on it.

Comment

Hello again.

Original post updated.

I'm glad you guys are excited for the map
            Apparently some people were having trouble with seeing some meshes so I hope that is fixed in this version.

The map is pretty much ready for release save for a couple of blocking volumes that need to go here and there.
            Had the map tested for Instagib and it seemed pretty fine (even tho the map was made mostly for weapons )
            Enjoy and thanks again.

Comment

This one is pretty amazing.
              Hope to see this on servers.

Comment

Hey it looks great and I can wait to play it on PS3.
                Slight critic: For me it seems too foggy. The colors (specially the blacks) would stand out more with a bit less fog.

You could substitute this with some moonlight going through the sky... with Hdr perhaps?

Comment

Fantastic visuals, looks very smooth!

Comment

awsome map!! im experiencing some frame drops wen looking at those amazing trees tho...can u like lower the res. on those trees to keeps the fps from dipping?? if so that wud b awsome!! GG on the map!

Comment

this map just became one of my favorite mod maps. Awesome work. But pls try to resolve the tree issue. It's really choppy when u look at them.

Comment

I thought people were just exagerating about the lag from the trees but wow it is pretty bad. As soon as a tree is on screen, even from far away it slows right down. How much work did you put into those trees? I used that level cam thing before the match starts to look at them upclose. They look almost real. They look better than the trees in Crysis! Is there an issue with the trees on PCs at all? Otherwise the map works perfect. The detail is outrageous. Another profesional quality map. The modders must be loving this UT3 editor. It may have a couple bugs but he graphical quality on these maps is incredible. Thanks for the great map.

Comment

Fantastic CTF map..thank you.
                          Originally posted by KilasariO View Post
                          im experiencing some frame drops wen looking at those amazing trees tho...
                          I also noticed it.

Comment

link is not working for mine well it work but is a wrong one

Comment

Sorry about not updating this post.
                              Updated here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...7#post25221677

And I did change the trees. Seemed to be better. Thanks for feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X