No announcement yet.

DM-Calahan2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yerh Ive got to say it again this map is some serious eye candy! Bot pathing and maybe a couple of the other minor suggestions, made by others here, but it looks so good, you should be proud

Comment

cant load the file .....even loged in

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
        cant load the file .....even loged in
        tryed Mediafire and filefront?
        I'll put them on the first page.

Btw I made some changes, I'll post the new beta tomorrow. I added botpath, some crates and planks, fixed the lifts (sound and speed), added some blur to the far cliffs, and replaced the healphpack near the sniper by 7 health fials, but I'm not sure I'll keep it.
        Finaly I shoud try to find/make a mesh for the steam jumpads, but may be for the next beta

EDIT: I still can't optimize it cause the new optimisation system don't allow me to "share" a terrain between two zones...
        Screens and DL tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by glator View Post
          tryed Mediafire and filefront?
          I'll put them on the first page.

Btw I made some changes, I'll post the new beta tomorrow. I added botpath, some crates and planks, fixed the lifts (sound and speed), added some blur to the far cliffs, and replaced the healphpack near the sniper by 7 health fials, but I'm not sure I'll keep it.
          Finaly I shoud try to find/make a mesh for the steam jumpads, but may be for the next beta

EDIT: I still can't optimize it cause the new optimisation system don't allow me to "share" a terrain between two zones...
          Screens and DL tomorrow
          Je l'essaierai demain alors Les screenshots ont l'air cool en tout cas, bien qu'un peu sombre... Par contre je me souvient plus si celle d'UT2004 l'était autant, et je peux pas aller vérifier parce qu'il me sort un runtime error au lancement. :/ (Faut que je réinstalle donc...) En tout cas bon courage!

Comment

salut darkdrium

Here is the beta2:

changelog:
            -added pathnodes
            -added decorative crates and planks
            -put the flack on crates
            -fixed lifts sound ans speed
            -added blur to the far cliffs
            -replaced healthpack near the sniper by 7 health vials (not sure I'll keep it)
            -made steam jumpad ( think I'll change that poor emitter)
            -minor bugfixes/optimization

Screenshots:

download: Filefront
            MediaFire

Comment

I'm like Beta 2 alot more, well since its way more playable, but still, my system for no reason chugs at points like at the LinkGun, or at the mouth of the Flak/rox tunnel looking toward either the waterfall/Stinger or Rox/ that hanging Lamp.

Just a thought, but i check around to see where the fps was falling, and, some times it would just die on the wall/ground, i dunno why.

The Enforcer ammo near the rox pickup (up the stairs), i dunno why but i've never been a fan of Enforver pickups, try it with a rox ammo instead and see if it works better.

Also, i play EVERYTHING on max, all settings as high as i can on 1680 x 1050, also, when i try Shangrila in the center fountain for the UDamage it drops to 47 fps, but still, i dunno why the map gets such poor FPS, even without any enemies on screen the game gives me 43 fps, it should be at 58/62 not 30/43.

The curved arch at the 50 shield, where it connects to the wall looks a little well not finished.

I hope you'll add a menu picture, description and player count for the map. I hope your able to find the problem with the map.

Lastly is anyone else running at full getting the same fps problems as me?

Comment

the link and the waterfall are the two points where the engine render the whole map, that's why your fps drops there.
                But I still don't understand why yours drops to 30 fps whereas mine always stays over 50...
                You've got a better graphic card, 2Go like me... May be your CPU is too slow? I got a core 2 duo E4300@2.4Ghz, what's yours?

PS: I play at full details too

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                  I hope you'll add a menu picture, description and player count for the map.
                  ugly, of course he will you nut ... this is just a beta ... stop worrying man ... lol Actually anyone can easily add the player count they think is the best after playing the map themselves ... thats the cool part of this new system.

Comment

salut darkdrium

Here is the beta2:

changelog:
                    -added pathnodes
                    -added decorative crates and planks
                    -put the flack on crates
                    -fixed lifts sound ans speed
                    -added blur to the far cliffs
                    -replaced healthpack near the sniper by 7 health vials (not sure I'll keep it)
                    -made steam jumpad ( think I'll change that poor emitter)
                    -minor bugfixes/optimization

Screenshots:

download: Filefront
                    MediaFire
                    Cool man ...you made the steam jumppad and added a lot of the cool stuff that I missed so much ... awesome ... downloading now and thanks for all the additional work you have done to really make this a great remake.

Comment

the link and the waterfall are the two points where the engine render the whole map, that's why your fps drops there.
                      But I still don't understand why yours drops to 30 fps whereas mine always stays over 50...
                      You've got a better graphic card, 2Go like me... May be your CPU is too slow? I got a core 2 duo E4300@2.4Ghz, what's yours?

PS: I play at full details too
                      mines he same core i think, two 2.4's.

Though what res are you running at, cause i'm at 1680 x 1050.

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                      ugly, of course he will you nut ... this is just a beta ... stop worrying man ... lol Actually anyone can easily add the player count they think is the best after playing the map themselves ... thats the cool part of this new system.
                      Hehe, true true.

You can really do that, that is so awesome! How can you do it?

Comment

Ugly, you just edit the ini the file for the map and add this as the last line:

basically NumPlayers=x to y Players where x is the lower limit and y is the upper limit

i.e. NumPlayers=6 to 10 Players

Now about the level ... it is fantastic ... the new changes really capture the spirit of your original perfectly. I love it man ... really love it. But the performance does need to be worked on ... I was not really impacted but I could tell it felt sluggish in places even though I was getting high frames ... and I run two 8800 GT SCs ... I can imagine it will be much worse for people who don't have at least these in SLI or a GTX/Ultra card. And this is a small map ... you can't have such a small map getting worse performance than War and VCTF maps, and I only had two bots (this level is perfect for 3 players). Once you fix this I would say you have a final. Great job and thanks.

Comment

Well i'll be damned, gotta try that out sometime, so Anuban, do you get fps drops like my system does?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                            Well i'll be damned, gotta try that out sometime, so Anuban, do you get fps drops like my system does?
                            It feels like it is heavier if you know what I mean ... its kind of hard to describe because I really don't suffer any frame drops but I can feel a difference between this level and the other ones (official and most user created).

Comment

Hmm, i think i understand what you say, whats your fps counter say, like 40-30? If so then thats why, for some odd reason the UE3 engine runs fine on any fps higher than 40, anything lower and you feel it even though you usually don't get slowdowns, or hell you do.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                                It feels like it is heavier if you know what I mean ...
                                Yes I think I know what you say, for exemple you move quickly your mouse and
                                the "view" moves too but a little slower...

I had the same thing before the first beta cause every lights exept sun were like the fire ones, a bit "blinky". But now only the small lights on the floor and the fires uses light function, so you should not have this kind of trouble...

I'll look for a solution like lower the light map res near thoses lights or something

EDIT: Btw I read somewhere that cooking the map gives it a better fps, but a cooked map don't allow you to duplicate package content, and that's really restrictive, so I'll cook it when it's done

Comment

Working...
                                X