Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DM/TDM/Duel] BioMetal [Screens, Downloads] [Updated 31/12]

Hi all,
    I've made my first map for any game whatsoever. I got the idea from DM-Leviathan from UT2k4. Can you please comment it and tell me what i can do better or what should be changed. I'm a n00b so don't be too harsh on me

Changed lighting (brightened it up, maybe too much (whoops)), added some meshes to the walls also changed the material of the walls. Can you please tell me what you think about the light, it might be a bit over the top.
    Also added some kind of Necris tentacle, so now you can also "tentacle" jump from one walkway to the other instead of using the lift or walljumping.

Screens

Download
    Download!

Cya,
    Rik

I am not at my home pc so I cannot see how the map layout actually is but from these shots it's a bit plain in terms of room design.. I like maps with catwalks, as long as there are lots of alternative routes.. in short it may be a decent start but from those screenshots I am not sure it would be very popular, of course being your very first map it is a perfectly decent effort thusfar and I would say keep working on it.

Comment

Thanks, the layout is kind of a remake from Leviathan from 2k4, so i wouldn't wanna change a lot to it. What do you mean with room design? The ammount of static meshes? And i'll keep working on it Do you have any more tips?
      Thanks for your reply!
      Cya

Comment

Except for the repetitive wall textures (add some necris/ Liandri StaticMeshes), plays good enough.

Comment

Already changed the wall materials into something diffrent Trying to make the lighting better (making the centre room look more blue).

Comment

What is a good package for necris/liandri meshes ?

Comment

Updated, read the first post

Comment

This is a fast paced flak funfest. The lighting is ok IMO. Enjoyed playing it, looking fwd to final polished product

Comment

Thanks for your reply, currently i can't continue working somehow my mbr (master boot record) is damadged, probably my harddrive is broken. All my important stuff is not on there so it's not dramatic (including UT3 and maps ^^). Trying to fix it atm, installing windows on another partition. You'll hear from me xD
                  Cya

Comment

Yup hard disk broken -.-', gotta buy a new one. Just great -.-'
                    Cya

Comment

Going to buy a new one in a moment. Sorry for all of the bumps, i'm just looking for commentary and advice

Comment

Very good small map. Great for Duel. Thanks Rik. I loved the purple stuff on Leviathan though.

Comment

Originally posted by Herby View Post
                          Very good small map. Great for Duel. Thanks Rik. I loved the purple stuff on Leviathan though.
                          If nobody finds it annoying/distractive i'll put it back

Comment

I'll also put up another version, one with two Asian style rooms added where you can get by walladodging twice. So if you want to get there you have to have some skill. You just have to say wich is better (or wich you prefer and why). That'd really help
                            Cya,
                            Rik

Comment

FileBeam sux, why couldn't you just use filefront?

Comment

Working...
                              X