CTF-TwistedFACEpro beta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-TwistedFACEpro beta 2

Finally got the bugs worked out and took the community feedback to consideration and here she is, beta 2.
    DOWNLOAD NOW: UPDATED LINK 12-30-07
    http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Twist.../fileinfo.html

Nice job with the aesthetic changes on the buildings, huge improvement over last build. The covers on the bridges also work out great.

Comment

good map but i prefer the classic

Comment

NeoGzus,

I liked this version a whole lot better, way more polished:

1.) All of the textures have been improved except the black rock texture on the Necri base, it is still pixelated. They are the black rocks on the front side.
        2.) bots use top tower, but they won't stay up there to snipe, I know you are having general problems with that, but hopefully it can change before final release
        3.) I still wish the flag was inside, so you had even a purpose to go inside and now use some of that interior, it would also add for good defending

revel911 is my room mate and since he was banned, he asked that I put down his feedback also, but keep up the good work.

NeoGzus, sorry i disappeared (being banned sucks, but oh well.) because the map is getting amazing. I am glad you took my suggestion for taking the railings off the bridges because that definitely adds something.

- I still wish you would try putting the Flag where the flak is and moving the flak to one of the sides or switching it with one of the weapons in the back. Have you tried it and it not worked out? I just feel that this would add a lot of indoor excitement that is currently missing. (you may even want to try a beta with it on the inside ((beta 1)) and one with it on the outside ((beta 2) just so we can all maybe get a feel for what that would be like)
        - As Night Eye said, there are still some tower bot problems, but I know you will get those fixed
        - All the textures look tight except for the black rocks Night Eye mentioned
        - I actually now kind of like the open back, but I would still like to see you shrink the height of the side entrances and add doors, try it, I think you will love the surprise element of not knowing what's on the other side

Well, keep up the good work, everything is looking tight. Can't wait to see the next version.

Comment

The towers look awesomely beefy now.

Comment

NeoGzus, since i figure that you have spent this much time on this map and are reaching for perfection, I took some screen shots of some minor things that need to be touched up on.

I Kept falling through some of the Asteroids

Here are some Massively Pixelated Textures that their textures need to be scaled down:

The Transitions in the Bases from Metal to gravel/dirt could use some work, some of the areas are even causing texture tearing.

Making the shock rifle room smaller is def. Helping, but they definitely need some sort of static meshes to make them less empty. I also noticed that there was a texture that looked badly pixelated.

Well, this is just an image of where I would like to see the side doors.

Comment

hey, Night Eye talks the deal!
              In additional, i think it is good to have Twisted for CTF and this one for VCTF.

you can just make it VCTF to have only howerboards, it will be more fun than just have 2 little diffrent maps. maybee it is a good idea to add mantra or vulture.

Comment

I tried the previous version (just before seeing this one). It looked amazing but the sheer size took me by surprise. Getting around took forever, even in telemonkey mode. I had hoped for fantastic frenzied gameplay to go with the fantastic evocative looks, but I was... dare I say, somewhat disappointed there.

Comment

I like the look of this. The user of an overhead cover on the usually coverless bridges is an expecially nice tough.
                  I do think that it deserves some more attention to detail, like the aformentioned ground blends etc. But I do like it and think the author would benefit ( if he has the time) to adres the smaller issues. But overall it looks good , though I hvent played it, someone mentioned that it was very big. I cant comment but in the old verison of Unrealed it was possible to globally scale a level. It helped me numerous time sin getting scale right.

Good luck and well done

Comment

Originally posted by chaos667 View Post
                    hey, Night Eye talks the deal!
                    In additional, i think it is good to have Twisted for CTF and this one for VCTF.

you can just make it VCTF to have only howerboards, it will be more fun than just have 2 little diffrent maps. maybee it is a good idea to add mantra or vulture.
                    Well, I like very few maps and I think this one has super potential, so my room mate (btw, I am lazy at forum posting, but he has given me no choice, since he can't say anything here) and I have tested it a lot. he was also in a CTF clan that played a lot of Face-classic.

Chaos, if you play it now with the smaller bridges it is too small for Hoverboards, truthfully, the size feels just right. You won't even need or want them with the covered bridges. I think you have them reverse because twisted was the longer version, which was more hoverboard compatible. With as much work as he is putting, I doubt he will have two version. What he needs is one perfect final version.

Originally posted by Wolv34ine View Post
                    I like the look of this. The user of an overhead cover on the usually coverless bridges is an expecially nice tough.
                    I do think that it deserves some more attention to detail, like the aformentioned ground blends etc. But I do like it and think the author would benefit ( if he has the time) to adres the smaller issues. But overall it looks good , though I hvent played it, someone mentioned that it was very big. I cant comment but in the old verison of Unrealed it was possible to globally scale a level. It helped me numerous time sin getting scale right.

Good luck and well done
                    The size has been made proportional, so don't worry. I agree that he should take his time and do what he needs, but I also feel that this is a beta forum, so if he wants us to help him test out bugs and features as he changes things, that's what should do.

Comment

I touched on all the issues I could. I have no idea how to scale the size of the entire map, other than selecting all and scaling down, but I like the massive towers, so I might just leave it be. I didn't want to stay too much as a remake, but more an homage, to the original face and the sequals.

There were a couple things I cant fix, like the scaled textures on the rocks or window sill on reds base. I could just shrink them down, but I wasn't pleased with the look from afar.

I'm glad you like the new version better, I listened to the community(for the most part) and hope you enjoy it.
                      Thanks for playing

Comment

Originally posted by NeoGzus View Post
                        I touched on all the issues I could. I have no idea how to scale the size of the entire map, other than selecting all and scaling down, but I like the massive towers, so I might just leave it be. I didn't want to stay too much as a remake, but more an homage, to the original face and the sequals.
                        NeoGzus, I think a lot of people are just commenting before playing, b/c i played it A LOT as you can tell and find that the scale is perfect now....... cough cough with my recommendations

Originally posted by NeoGzus View Post
                        There were a couple things I cant fix, like the scaled textures on the rocks or window sill on reds base. I could just shrink them down, but I wasn't pleased with the look from afar.
                        Then move to a different texture, but don't sell yourself even 1" short with this map.

I also found some clipping when you translocate on to some the spikes.

Comment

This map is so huge and flag runs are so long, that I think this would be better suited for vehicle CTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Tahngarthor View Post
                            This map is so huge and flag runs are so long, that I think this would be better suited for vehicle CTF.
                            I liked that idea as well, but with no vehicle spawns, only the hoverboard.

A possibility might be to include the raptor, or possibly also the manta, but those back exits out of the flag "rooms" would just make it far too easy to grapple a flying vehicle or fast hover vehicle like the manta for very fast flag caps, and that wu;ld make for a very fast disappointing play experince if yo uhad one team with teamspeak coordination.

Comment

Originally posted by Tahngarthor View Post
                              Did you play the newer version b/c I didn't think the flag runs weer long at all! Now the original versions definitely, but this one is no longer than the run in Face Classic and less than the run in UT2k3. Moving the Flag indoors will also will also shorten the run a bit.

NeoGzus, you may want to try actually scaling everything down a tad and just see how it runs.

Well, I am out for the weekend, I hope everyone has a great time playing some UT3. Goodluck NeoGzus!

Comment

Working...
                              X