Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Abandoned Beta 6 w/ Download UPDATED

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DM-Abandoned Beta 6 w/ Download UPDATED

    Name: Abandoned
    Version: Beta 6 - UPDATED JAN 11/08
    Compatibility: UT3
    Download: HERE

    Changes Since Beta 5
    -Better Lighting around neon signs
    -Flooring a little more broken up
    -Terrain mostly fixed( I didn't see any problems but there may be some)
    -Swapped the Shield Belt with the Armor
    -Moved the armor and thigh pads to the top of the sniper roofs
    -At this point the train will not be moving. I know, I'd like to make it move too but I'd have to change a lot of the tracks since they don't run straight.
    -Added a second shock rifle location

    Images(Still old images, will upload later)



    #2
    Thanks Necron for making a quality UT3 map.Plays great and everybody on the server and in HTM enjoys it.This is a must have DM map.

    Comment


      #3
      This map plays very well in TDM, I like the open feel.

      Thanks Necron

      Comment


        #4
        Looks cool .... I like levels like these that are city themed and this one appears to be nice and open but also it has z axis action available and that is always a good thing. Definitely has a quality look to it.

        Comment


          #5
          Great map .. I especially like:

          - bot support is good ... they do a pretty good job of getting all the items ... maybe some tweaking is necessary but overall the bots were fun to go up against.

          - Layout is excellent ... very few dead ends but I'm wondering if you have thought about a way to improve the flow even more by eliminating some of them and opening up a side path that leads back to the middle area. I think that would improve the flow but it is good the way it is and thank goodness the dead ends have good stuff and again there aren't but a couple of them so its not overkill. Weapon and items placement is very good ... on a map this large you definitely need health and armor and you did a good job laying them out. I'm glad you included the superhealth but that makes me think you can actually reduce the number of vials you have laying around and make the map even cleaner (but I do love lots of health so if you do leave it in I won't complain.)

          - The size seemed perfect for 6-12 bots which is fantastic for really big TDM and because of the nice open layout I can pretty much always get a visual on teammates and enemies. Nice sniping spot btw ... however have you considered creating a water tower and moving the sniper up there for even greater effectivess?

          - Nice use of z-axis battles ... I love coming down from above and raining hell on my opponents so of course I appreciated all the opportunities your map afford me.

          The only thing I really had difficulty with and so did the bots is that it is easy to get hung up on the different meshed you use throughout the map so please check that thoroughly ... the little platforms near the Flak Cannon that have vials on top of them are extremely easy to get caught on and bots were getting stuck there all the time. So could you please do something about this. Thanks.

          So yeah you have done an excellent job and I personally cannot see any other issues with the level. It looks great, it plays well, tons of fun items, good bots. This is a winner plain and simple. I'm looking forward to the final.

          Comment


            #6
            wow!!! it looks very cool and post-nuclear! i will try that for sure, very cool visuals!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post

              The only thing I really had difficulty with and so did the bots is that it is easy to get hung up on the different meshed you use throughout the map so please check that thoroughly ... the little platforms near the Flak Cannon that have vials on top of them are extremely easy to get caught on and bots were getting stuck there all the time. So could you please do something about this. Thanks.

              So yeah you have done an excellent job and I personally cannot see any other issues with the level. It looks great, it plays well, tons of fun items, good bots. This is a winner plain and simple. I'm looking forward to the final.
              awesome, thanks for the input, you know I actually had planned on adding little blocking volumes around those platforms...somehow I thought I did them....I'm going to use the excuse that I was drunk hehe.

              hopefully final will be before new year.

              Comment


                #8
                Nice feel to it. Runs well. Great job.

                Comment


                  #9
                  After playing it a couple more times I noticed I would get stuck going up the slopes to the FlaK Cannon and the other slop near the stinger leading back up the the street level of the building you can jumppad up to and get the sniper rifle and then jump down and get the Superhealth (bots never did go for the superhealth and I don't recall them getting the Udamage). I was thinking that maybe you should spread the armor out a bit more ... you have the leg armor directly across from the shield belt ... maybe move it to the far corner where that jumppad next to the health orb I talked about above is? It just seems a bit strange that I can see all the armor from one vantage point. There are some structures you can pass through ... maybe you could move the helmet to one of those areas and actually it is harder to get the chest armor imo than the shield belt so maybe switch those around (I think it should be easier to get lower valued armor ... shield belt should always be the trickiest to get on a DM map imo, although maybe in a TDM it could go either way ... other input on this please. ).

                  And could you have the train moving? That would really be a nice realistic touch ... maybe have a train going through every 5-10 minutes to add to the atmosphere of the level or if it is not working maybe have some wreckage on the tracks or have the train look more damaged.

                  Anyway just wanted to add that ... man this map is so addictive to play ... you may also want to consider throwing in one of those cool slow moving volume thingies. I think those are always cool on large DM/TDM maps. Thanks again.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The fact that there is nitpicking is a really good sign that this is a good map, Necron. I'm with Anuban on what he said, seeing as I played it without seeing the comments first and came up with the same conclusions. The train would be cool and the different weapon placement would do nothing as far as game play is concerned, but the meshes do get you hung up. As a side note, it plays very well with the XARK mod too. Throw in 15 bots and you have quite the party! Good job with the beta.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      This is a great map. The layout is loads of fun and it looks great.

                      There are a few glitches and bugs, but nothing major, and I'm sure they will all be fixed for the final release.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I really like where this map is going and have no complaints in the over all look.

                        - The bots don't seem to use the Sniper Rifle/ Keg section
                        - I would like to see the lighting improved around all of the neon signs, none of them have any type of effect on their direct area. You think a red neon sign, would make the wall red.
                        - Unless your intention is for this map to load quickly, a few minor static meshes would look nice. Some small rocks in the dirt areas or some broken tiles on the ground would look great just to kind of break up the tiled patterns.

                        Can't wait to see the finished version.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by NightEye View Post
                          I really like where this map is going and have no complaints in the over all look.

                          - The bots don't seem to use the Sniper Rifle/ Keg section
                          - I would like to see the lighting improved around all of the neon signs, none of them have any type of effect on their direct area. You think a red neon sign, would make the wall red.
                          - Unless your intention is for this map to load quickly, a few minor static meshes would look nice. Some small rocks in the dirt areas or some broken tile son teh ground would great just to kind of break the tiled patterns up.

                          Can't wait to see the finished version.
                          Good point about the lighting on the neon signs. I'll toss some lights in there are see how it looks!
                          I'll start working on breaking the ground up a bit.

                          Thanks for the Input Nighteye!

                          Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          After playing it a couple more times I noticed I would get stuck going up the slopes to the FlaK Cannon and the other slop near the stinger leading back up the the street level of the building you can jumppad up to and get the sniper rifle and then jump down and get the Superhealth (bots never did go for the superhealth and I don't recall them getting the Udamage). I was thinking that maybe you should spread the armor out a bit more ... you have the leg armor directly across from the shield belt ... maybe move it to the far corner where that jumppad next to the health orb I talked about above is? It just seems a bit strange that I can see all the armor from one vantage point. There are some structures you can pass through ... maybe you could move the helmet to one of those areas and actually it is harder to get the chest armor imo than the shield belt so maybe switch those around (I think it should be easier to get lower valued armor ... shield belt should always be the trickiest to get on a DM map imo, although maybe in a TDM it could go either way ... other input on this please. ).

                          And could you have the train moving? That would really be a nice realistic touch ... maybe have a train going through every 5-10 minutes to add to the atmosphere of the level or if it is not working maybe have some wreckage on the tracks or have the train look more damaged.

                          Anyway just wanted to add that ... man this map is so addictive to play ... you may also want to consider throwing in one of those cool slow moving volume thingies. I think those are always cool on large DM/TDM maps. Thanks again.
                          Working on getting those pesky bots to get the Damage and SuperHealth, I've seen them take the Superhealth before but it's usually there for awhile before one gets it, The DA is a little harder. I can't figure out how to make the dodge-jump onto the ball.

                          You are correct on the Armor/Shield. I've switched those up and like it better!
                          I'm thinking I need to move the Armor/Thigh Pads onto the roof because the bots don't ever want to go up, especially the higher side.

                          As for the train moving...I'm not sure I know how to do that properly, but I'll keep it in mind, I've moved the train out a bit more so it's more visible though.

                          Thanks again for all the input!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Glad you saw what I meant about the armor ... anyway about having a moving train (one that passes by once a set amount of time goes by like once every 10 minutes) check this thread and see if this author will tell you how it works because as you will see that is what his map mostly revolves around.

                            http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=594771

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Sorry,

                              but I don't like this map.
                              It's not about the layout or the itemplacement or whatsoever...

                              I'm just a TDM guy and I don't get along with plain DM maps, I know that Mr-Botplay himself Anuban will hit me now but that's my opinion

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X