UT3 Enhanced Graphic Options Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Enhanced Graphic Options Tool

Well, after a Day of Work, my **** Tool is finaly ready to run.
    The Graphic-Option in UT3 only have Sliders and sets many Option at once, so ive made a little Tool to set/unset these Options separately.

I think it will always stay in Beta, no bigger Updates in Charge.
    Adding Options who including only "true", "false" or whole numbers are added within 10 minutes, so feel free to Request.
    But The Routines used to readout and set the Values are pretty unflexible at this Point, so it would need a total rebuild to readout those "TEXTUREGROUP"-Options, so it will stay at this simple Point.

Right now, there is no Description of the Entries aviable, i made this Tool to find it out, so it would be nice if you can post your knowledge with these Options here in this Thread, so i can add Hints.
    Oh, and currently not tested on Windows Vista, it should run, but i dont know. I have no Vista to test...

The Tool is Written with Borland C++ Builder 6.0, if anyone wants to take a look at the Sourcecode, send me an Email.

So, here is the Download link, including the Tool and a Readme how to use. I hope i have nothing forgotten.

http://rapidshare.com/files/79202226...tions.rar.html

Changes: V 0.1.0.4
    Now Including Hints for the Options and Autoload, just hover over the Option for further Informations about.

That is really great as we need as many of these tools as we can get ... however you may be interested to know that people have been using this tool already and it is very good. Only FSAA doesn't really work and that has to do with how you have to force AA through the driver not in UT3 and also how the Multisample flag in the engine.ini file seems to have no effect on the application. Also there is an issue with disabling DX10 rendering for Vista systems ... the slider will go down to 1 in the world detail settings.

Anyway you can read about all that here in these two threads:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=594723

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=592757

But I am definitely going to check your tool out and see how effective it is. Thanks again.

Also I'll be happy to help you out as I am helping this other mod dev out since I do have Vista ... just let me know.

And finally in case you don't have this info (it will help you know what all these various settings are in greater detail):

http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_1.html

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

Yeah, this Tool your Links refeering is less ore more the Reason why i made my own.
        In an Funny Conversation (chought..) i has been introduced that Brad G hast not more time than anyone else, and i missed further Graphic-options in the Tool.
        But i want to get rid of Notepad-editing, cause its uncomfortable, so i decidet do make my own little Helper, and as is said, at least it`s Training for me.
        Ive thrown it in here because maybe someone else could use it too, it`s not an alternative to the Tool in your Link.

And besides, thanks for the Link, everything in needet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
          Yeah, this Tool your Links refeering is less ore more the Reason why i made my own.
          In an Funny Conversation (chought..) i has been introduced that Brad G hast not more time than anyone else, and i missed further Graphic-options in the Tool.
          But i want to get rid of Notepad-editing, cause its uncomfortable, so i decidet do make my own little Helper, and as is said, at least it`s Training for me.
          Ive thrown it in here because maybe someone else could use it too, it`s not an alternative to the Tool in your Link.

And besides, thanks for the Link, everything in needet.
          Cool man ... thanks for the reply and I will definitely check your tool out when I take a break from having fun playing on these addictive maps.

Comment

Oh, and for the FSAA-Thing:
            Thats the Fault of Epic, they use massive Amounts of Pixel-shaders, thald would not work with MSAA (Multi-Sampling, these Method only Antialiases the Polygon-edges, this saves a lot of Performance. Put it does not work with Textures and these Shader-stuff.).
            So you have to use SSAA (Super-Sampling, that means the Graphic Card calculating the Picture with twice (depending on the Setting) their output-resolution and compute it down, so it smooths the hole Picture.) But it eats up Framerates like nothing.

Almost forgotten: I personally use a Tool called "NHancer" for forcing the Driver to do what i want, that makes me enable Antialiasing in UT3, too.And as the Name says, as far as i know, it`s for NVidia-Cards.

Comment

Oh, and for the FSAA-Thing:
              Thats the Fault of Epic, they use massive Amounts of Pixel-shaders, thald would not work with MSAA (Multi-Sampling, these Method only Antialiases the Polygon-edges, this saves a lot of Performance. Put it does not work with Textures and these Shader-stuff.).
              So you have to use SSAA (Super-Sampling, that means the Graphic Card calculating the Picture with twice (depending on the Setting) their output-resolution and compute it down, so it smooths the hole Picture.) But it eats up Framerates like nothing.

Almost forgotten: I personally use a Tool called "NHancer" for forcing the Driver to do what i want, that makes me enable Antialiasing in UT3, too.And as the Name says, as far as i know, it`s for NVidia-Cards.
              Yeah I would never use SSAA ... I have tried in the past and the performance hit is just not worth it ... not when you have bloom and blur and are running at high res. Also even using Nhancer does not ensure that AA is working or working well ... that is dependent on the driver itself since UT3 is not doing it from the application side ... and some drivers are better than others. I just use the Nvidia control panel to force AA and Under DX10 it seems to work okay ... not as good as Gears of War but okay. I think this will be fixed perfectly for Vista users when the DX10 patch for UT3 comes out ... whenever that is. XP users will never have native FSAA ... that is just the fact of the matter due to technical limitations.

Comment

The Limitation is Pixel-shader all the Way, MSAA will have no effect. Thats the Reason why the Picture is so flurry if you Move.
                I have a good test for checking a working AA: Start Torlan, jump up the Tower in your Base, crouch and look at the Handrails, especial at that with this yellow-white Orb-Smoke in the Backround. I noticed that even 4x SSAA doesnt work proper with that, but at 1280x1024 with high Details, i'm stuck at 9 fps...

Comment

I've just accepted that with UE3 unless you are on DX10/Vista and the option can be set from within the application like Gears of War PC, AA is just marginal at best if it working properly at all. Another reason to move to Vista because once they write a patch all Vista users will be able to do native FSAA. I just hope they attend to this soon.

Comment

Well I just tried to run this and immediately received this error:

This application failed to start because BORLNDMM.DLL was not found.

According to the directions there was not a particular directory it had to be installed in so I was just running it from my desktop.

Comment

Dammit, not again.

Ok, maybe you downloaded from the old Link. If you hover over the with the Mousepointer, WinXP shows um the Version in the Status-Bar and in a yellow Hint, there should be 0.1.0.2 or higher written. Or, right-klick the exe and look in the Properties for an "Version Info"-tap, or something like that.
                      in case it`s not, download this thing again, link at Page 1.

Comment

Oh that is the problem then and one you have to attend to ... your program works on XP systems only. I am using Vista and so are a lot of folks. Please see if you can get this to work with Vista. Thanks. It is the correct version btw. 1.0.2 so this has to be the issue.

Comment

I dont suppose you could make one that interfaces with the audio in game as well?

Comment

@ Anuban: Cant find an Error, ProcessExplorer says my Tool dont use the DLL you told me, also i tried it out on 2 other PC`s, one of them has Vista installed.
                            Normally, this Error occurs on PC`s without the Borland c++-editor installed, but in this Tool, there is an Option to build everything needet into the exe-file.
                            At Page 1, currently Version 0.1.0.4 (yes, Zero-point-one-point-Zero-point-four, remember, its Beta) is aviable, now with Hints for every Option and autoload of the last used File at Start, to save 2 Clicks.

Here, take a look, fresh made Picture under Vista x64:

@ MeepZero:
                            As is said, simple Option with a Name on the left Side and a Value on the Right side of the "=" are added in 5 minutes, just tell me the Options you want, and a Description for the Hint. But beware, i noticed anoter Issue of the Tool, it searches for an Option in the File always from Top of the Text, and it stops at the first found location. So if an Option is written twice in the File, it will only modify the first ones.

Comment

But beware, i noticed anoter Issue of the Tool, it searches for an Option in the File always from Top of the Text, and it stops at the first found location. So if an Option is written twice in the File, it will only modify the first ones.

count the number of lines in the file, and do a DO WHILE loop with the while statement being

while(linecount!=totallines)

Comment

Working...
                              X