No announcement yet.

Xan MKI and Disaster models for UTIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh nice! Ill download these when I get home then.

Comment

Nice
      Just a couple of things :
      = please use .zip as that is supported natively by XP and Vista (.rar requires extra tools like the freeware archive-tool 7-zip)

= in the screenshots the skin does not look detailed enough somehow when compared to Epics' models.

At 167 Mb these custom-models are getting incredibly large. I wonder if there's some way to make them smaller.

// re : custom-factions for gibs, voices, sounds, etc.
      It currently looks like it is something that Epic needs to fix.
      Link : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590343

Comment

Finally some color! The default characters seem so bland!

Comment

Very impressive work !! those models loock very good in game !! can ' t wait for the other ones!!

Comment

yup, they look great
            // ---
            The skins do look better once they're in the game, although I think that there should be less fixed shadows as the new engine is quite good at creating them.

One bug to report :
            Disasters' description is missing in the game.
            The fix is easy, because there's a link to Akasha_Description instead of Osc_Description in its Character-profile or you could change Osc_Description to Akasha_Description in the localization-file. Either option should work.
            There's no need to use a separate .int-file containing a description for each character, although that does make it easier to delete one of them.

// -- edit --
            One feature :
            It appears that the torso for Disaster is too short (or the 'thighs' are too high) when compared to Epic's models, because you get quite a bit of empty space when you select a different set of thighs.

Comment

These look great, but I crash when I try to use the models. Anyone might know why?

Comment

Make sure you put the .upk files in the publishe/cookedpc folder.

Comment

Ah, that might of been it, it was in the Published folder, not the cookedpc folder. :P
                  Edit: Yep, that was it. Skins are up and working. Pretty cool. ^^

Comment

Are these possible to be cooked for the ps3?

Comment

You PS3 folks just want all of our goodies don't you ... man ... what happened to the PC gamers having something amazing all to ourselves?

J/K ... I hope you guys get as much as you can handle and I hope that the 360 gets some love as well. Don't think we'll see nearly as many mods as the PS3 but still 360 users should get the best. I think once they work out all the kinks of this "cooking" stuff that mod devs will be able to cook anything they want to so it for the PS3 users sake you better hope that the top mods whatever they are ... map, gametype, model, etc. ... are made by people who have love for console gamers. Anything I do in the future I will definitely cook.

Comment

I thought you were being serious in the beginning of the post xD. But ya, thanks for your future cookings =) . Wish I could help support with the mods, but I dont think this computer can run it xD.

Comment

PLZ FIX XAN SHOULDERS they don't look like that at all but everything else on him looks next-gen plz fix this

I like Xan but the Disaster Model,I'm unsure....

Comment

Cool Models.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmypwns View Post
                              PLZ FIX XAN SHOULDERS they don't look like that at all but everything else on him looks next-gen plz fix this

I like Xan but the Disaster Model,I'm unsure....
                              You do know that you can change the shoulderpads ?
                              it's fun to see disaster use something else

Comment

Thanx again guys for the comments

I just looked for a way to reduce the file size.
                                It seems the texture are not compressed the same way than in UT2k4

I made a quick test with all Disaster's textures + Meshes :

- UT2k4 pack = 34 Mo
                                - UT3 pack = 90 Mo

The textures look even much better in ut2k4 editor .
                                However the model look WAY better with UT3 engine.
                                I will pray for more info about custom characters.

Happy New Year 2008 and happy fragging !

Comment

Working...
                                X