No announcement yet.

Xan MKI and Disaster models for UTIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way for the game to show the hands for the characters in-game? Disaster uses the standard Necris hands while Xan uses Iron Guard.

Comment

Some more in-game pics of the default skin colors:

Comment

how the hell do you guys make screens like that. It is amazing.

Comment

BTW I love the subtle normal mapping on the colorful areas of Disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by diwako View Post
            how the hell do you guys make screens like that. It is amazing.
            Put everything on max. Rig a bot game.
            Open console, type "togglehud" to get a clear view.

Then, type "god", "fly" and "ghost" to become a flying camera that attracts bots.

Then open console and type "playersonly" to freeze/unfreeze the action. It's pretty cool to fly around models with flak shells and shock cores floating in the air You can assign playersonly to a key for extra control or just hit f10 and the up key to redo the last entry.

Comment

Originally posted by booshack View Post
              Put everything on max. Rig a bot game.
              Open console, type "togglehud" to get a clear view.

Then, type "god", "fly" and "ghost" to become a flying camera that attracts bots.

Then open console and type "playersonly" to freeze/unfreeze the action. It's pretty cool to fly around models with flag shells and shock cores floating in the air You can assign playersonly to a key for extra control or just hit f10 and the up key to redo the last entry.
              thanks. I was searching that command for disabling the hud.

Comment

Its a **** shame that you have to have the server running these skins to see yourself and other players using them online. ARGH! I would kill to be able to use that Overtank skin for my games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohit_N View Post
                  Any way for the game to show the hands for the characters in-game? Disaster uses the standard Necris hands while Xan uses Iron Guard.
                  First off let me say ... Yeah man I was the first to have these ... you were all late to the Party. Now seriously to answer your question ... nope because the hands and arms are tied to the faction of the model and right now that is the big problem with making custom models that are really custom and will work correctly (things like the voice, the gibbing, and as you noted the hands/forearms). Once some one like Mac here and other top model creators figure that portion out they can make custom factions that have custom arms and the other things I mentioned and more probably. Until then though basically you are just getting the outer shell of the model (visual only and even then when they gib it is using the IronGuard male and the Necris female faction model/rules I believe (I know someone can explain that part better) ... this is why there is no metal like when you frag the other members of the Corrupt.

Comment

just amazing..I'm not a fan but about this version but it a good job and i w8 the pack

Comment

Don't worry guys !
                      I will do my best to finish well this faction.
                      I just hope there will be more support for character creation :
                      how to input custom hands, gibs, voicepacks, background ...

@ booshack, many thanks for the high res screenshots ! **** I wish I could have such a powerful PC

Comment

wooohoooo great work man, I'm loading the pack right now

Comment

BTW, Overtank and Pulsar look like straight ports from 2k, just retextured. You sure you want them in? Could just release those 2 seperately...

I really like the look of the rest, and you have 4 males and 4 females there. If you come up with a new faction for these great new chars, I would hate to see anything weigh down the quality or disrupt the theme.

Comment

You're right these skins are getting old.
                            I will release them. But separately from the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
                              Its a **** shame that you have to have the server running these skins to see yourself and other players using them online. ARGH!
                              Actually, you can use these online and see them online even if the server does not have them installed. So long as both players have them installed. We just confirmed this on our server. (well.., at least for PC, dunno how PS3 works)

[screenshot]http://home.woh.rr.com/chaos/cut3/MacTommodels_online.jpg[/screenshot]

So go ahead and install them and play online, and enjoy!

Great models MacTom!

Comment

Actually you will see yourself as Xan or Disaster even if the server doesn't have the skins, very nice surprise indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                X