• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xan MKI and Disaster models for UTIII

Hi folks,

Here my first model contributions for ut3

Xan MKI : Inspired by the first Xan model from UT99

Disaster : Female inspired by a skin I did for UT2k4 (Warbots skinpack)

The final versions will have more customizations, more characters, new faction, new sounds, new voicepacks as soon as I have all the infos I need to do everything as planned.

Link : Filefront

Merry X-Mas everyone !

Wow!!! Thanks for a very nice Christmas gift man ... these models rock hard ... that is one bad *** Xan model that much is for sure ... great job and thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Comment

great models...not very hi-poly but very good textures
      waiting for final version

you should up the spoiler behind xan's head a little

Comment

pics? ingame

Comment

Originally posted by SPTX View Post
          great models...not very hi-poly but very good textures.
          waiting for final version
          +1.

Originally posted by SPTX View Post
          you should up the spoiler behind xan's head a little.
          +2.

Comment

Hell yeah! great job man! that looks like a next gen Xan, want to see it cooked for PS3!

Comment

i always did like the 99 version better

Comment

Amazing!!!

Comment

looks really nice in game

Comment

Seems like the xan pic is dead?

Comment

Thanks guys

First pic fixed.

And thank you again Buffy for the screenshots. Very helpful !
                      My computer can barely handle UT3, but its's enough to work on skins and models.

The "high poly" looking will be improved a bit but not by much.
                      For these pack I want to give them a good old classic ut feeling.
                      My next creations will be more organic and will have higher polycounts.

At the end, here the characters list I planned to do for this pack :

Offcourse I will separate in 3 packs (make the download easier).
                      However I will have to define a root pack wich will contain all the faction datas (noises, character selection screen,...). So you will have to download this one first.

Comment

very gj dude, they are all perfect 10/10. I think you shoulkd rename overtank to Cyclops and Pulsor to Axon

Comment

You have a great thing going there with the new skins. The Xan skin is unbelievable, brilliant cross between new and old, along with a bit of what wasn't horrible about the 2k version. The color is sublime, the details are cool (love the tubes) and the overall direction is just spot on.

Having a look at your disaster model and those other new designs. Now this is something I am even more exited about. I expected to eventually get a good xan model from epic, but I never envisioned having the War Machines resurrected with such a perfect blend of new and old - it seems like you completely grasp the concept of grey-black-onecolor scheme along with intricate texture details that are independent of the polygons. You captured these essentials perfectly, but not only that, you also injected some cool techy and mean robotic forms into the models.

I really didn't think it was possible to reinvigorate the feel of the war machines without going with the standard humanoid mesh look. You seem be on tracks to prove me wrong, with the potential to go far above and beyond. This could be bonus pack material.

Comment

Oh btw, there is an error in the file structure of the archive. It puts the skins directly in the "Published" folder, moved them to "CookedPC" inside that folder and it works.

Comment

holy **** these look pretty sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X