WAR-Dawn Revisited [Beta 02] [Pics] [1/25/08] [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
    Yep! Map has been resized! I'm currently moving all the stuff around.

It's true to the original...and yes...there is an avril in the same location in the centre as there was in the original. All the weapons lockers are EXACTLY the same as they were in 2k4.
    Lol. I've spent hundreds of hours on that map in 2k4, but still that detail slipped my mind. Shows how useless the avril was compared to the shock in 2k4. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      You could also place AVRiL pickups where the old Grenade Launchers used to be.
      I have the shape charge there.

Comment

Wouldn't the Shaped Charge serve better as a Target Painter replacement?

Double primes, two shaped charges and a 'deemer on the map... Cores could be dead in seconds.

Comment

Nothing is an adequate replacement. We just have to do with what we got.

Besides, it's no different than a guy getting the deemer and another getting the painter in 2k4. Actually, in 2k4 it was worse. The same guy can hold the deemer AND the painter at the same time while still defend himself with another weapon if he has to. If he grabs the shape charge, which I have only one of, he be screwed.

Yeah..I'd like to see someone try to grab the shape charge, then grab the deemer, then Berserk, and still make it back to the enemy core alive with the enemy core STILL available.

Dawn's double primes can easily be held down by core tank parked in a strategic position and 1-2 guys protecting said tank with avrils while the rest of the team does their work. Anyone who has played Dawn a zillion times knows this. Strategy. That's what makes it fun as opposed to sticking double or triple the amount of vehicles in the map.

Comment

When is beta2 going to be up?

Comment

Soon.

I'll be putting in some deep hours into it this weekend.

Comment

Preview of the new high res 2048x2048 rock and dirt textures. The old textures were really irritating me with their tiling, so I decided to make a few custom ones.

[shot]http://www.itsflybye.com/public/images/games/UT3/Dawnv2/Dawn58.jpg[/shot]

Keep in mind this is taking me a while because some of you don't know how to use your jump buttons. So I have to be a good little map maker and make little invisible walking ramps for every vehicle and node platform in the map.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say the new hi-res textures are working out pretty well.

[shot]http://www.itsflybye.com/public/images/games/UT3/Dawnv2/Dawn59.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Ooooh, nice map. Still being worked on, I see...

Alright, it's shaping up to be a really nice looking map. I guess I could hold out a little bit longer until it's final release, then I would ask for a PS3 cook. I think this will be a very fun warfare map. Good luck on it!

Comment

So how goes it with the map? Any additions to the bases (front and inside)?

Comment

DeadSoul is currently working on the bases. I really have no clue what he is doing, but he knows all the enhancements he has to make.

I'm still doing lots of tweaking to the map. But everything is coming along.

Comment

Getting ready to roll out Beta2. I added Beta2 notes to the front page.

[shot]http://www.itsflybye.com/public/images/games/UT3/Dawnv2/Dawn62.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Cool man, after all this time I am certain this is going to be one really solid remake. Considering that this is just Beta 2 at that ... I really appreciate how you are not rushing this but taking your time to make certain you get everything right. Good job ... hopefully that Beta comes within the next 12 hours.

Comment

Beta 2 is now available.

Comment

Thank you ... ahhh I see I am the first to get this ... I told man this was my fav ONS map besides Torlan and the one I learned to play ONS on. Thanks for the hard work!

Edit: Just played a couple of rounds and had fun ... still didn't see that superheath pickup and the shield belts that should be at each of the bases. It looks like the distance to each base from the middle section is now closer to being equal ... still seems like the length to the blue side is still a little greater but not so much so it makes a big difference (plus I could be wrong ..). The morning fog look came out extremely well. Dude this is about to be my favorite Warfare map ... just fix the small things and get those bases looking more like the original ... the terrain is not correct and the bases just look empty. Also the camera angles for when the core explodes are kind of wacky so if you don't mind please check that out as well. Hey I don't like losing health just to get the redeemer ... that is not fun ... was it like that in ONS-Dawn .. please fix that if is different. I did blow up a tank using it and a node ... that was cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X