No announcement yet.

WAR-Dawn Revisited [Beta 02] [Pics] [1/25/08] [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Orb is currently not in Beta01. I will be looking into creating a dual setup config for the map. One with and the other without Orbs. I personally feel it will be interesting to see how UT3 plays out without it.
    Disclaimer: I didnt read the whole thread

There is a "No Orbs" mutator for warfare. Thus, you can just put the orb in and not need a second setup that removes them.

Comment

Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
      Map size has been reduced.

Now I'm in the process of having to reposition EVERYTHING on the map.

I've also been experimenting with better terrain textures. I haven't been too happy with what I currently have since day one. The cliff material doesn't really tile right and is too tiled in certain areas. I haen't been too found of the sand material currently on the ground. But I have something a bit more interesting that I will be using.
      Sounds excellent as usual but man I am getting so ansy for this baby ... oh well hopefully tonight no matter how much later it is there will be a new beta to play with ... maybe?

Comment

Well, just thought I'd show you a preview of what I have been doing with the new terrain textures. I have literally spend almost 2 days in looking for the right ground and cliff textures, and I think I finally hit the spot.

[shot]http://www.itsflybye.com/public/images/games/UT3/Dawnv2/Dawn54.jpg[/shot]

Comment

That grit looks nice and next-gen (is it bumpmapped?) but not Dawn-ish. Dawn had light brown rock and dirt. It also doesn't look like the same stuff those rocky slopes are made of... more like somebody dumped a ton of imported gravel in the valley.

Originally posted by Tahngarthor View Post
          There is a "No Orbs" mutator for warfare.
          That removes orbs from all maps in the maplist.

Comment

Yes it is bumped. And Speculared. And a few other little things to try to enhance it a bit. Alright...working on another one.

Comment

Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
              Yes it is bumped. And Speculared. And a few other little things to try to enhance it a bit. Alright...working on another one.
              So what's up with that second Beta man?

Comment

Hehe....it's...coming along.

Comment

wow, AnubanUT2, how do you find time to play the game cause it looks like your in every thread on the forums here

Comment

lol In between posts ... like how I just played some DM. I am a UT junkie ... hardcore man ... can't get enough. I'll probably die at my keyboard with UT3 running ... an overdose man ... still I have to get my daily fix of 14-16 hours of UT3 related activities.

Comment

AnubanUT2:

I want u to send a photo of your face, to a good character mod maker.
                      We in the community feel with your zeal, and the fact that you are the #1 fan of UT; we deserve to be able to have fun with u as the target. lol

Comment

Sorry guys. Been a bit busy. I haven't forgotten about Dawn.

Currently the map has grown to 110mb. So I'm...umm...trying to fix that. You are lucky it fell down to 110mb from the 150mb it was LOL.

Comment

Nice IzaFly, this map will without any doubt be played a lot on our server. Dawn was the #1 ONS map in 2k4 imo, glad to see you are taking the task to bring it into UT3 seriously. =)

2 comments, first about the scale: I know it has been said before, but it needs to be shrinked. I know it's a lot of work but the movement speed in UT3 makes it feel really huge and slow.

Avrils: You say you want to keep it true to the original, but avrils are much more important now. In 2k4 I didn't go anywere without a shock rifle, in UT3 I don't want to be caught without an Avril. There should be an Avril close to all main spawn points in the map, in the middle there could be a pickup in between the 2 center nodes for example.

Keep up the good work and take your time. ;]

Comment

Yep! Map has been resized! I'm currently moving all the stuff around.

It's true to the original...and yes...there is an avril in the same location in the centre as there was in the original. All the weapons lockers are EXACTLY the same as they were in 2k4.

Comment

If you're able to cook it for the PS3 that would be great. We can let you know how it performs on that system.

Comment

You could also place AVRiL pickups where the old Grenade Launchers used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X