WAR-Dawn Revisited [Beta 02] [Pics] [1/25/08] [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
    But, if I wanted to play 2k4 Dawn, I would be playing 2k4, this is UT3. I like to stick to the new.
    I think he meant as a test so you can see that not all the platforms cam just be walked over ... some of them require you to jump onto them or use those mini ramps.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      I agree about the Revisited part. I'd say that since you're the first, you should get to use WAR-Dawn and everybody else should name their Dawn remakes different, but if you're still worried... how about WAR-NewDawn?
      Agreed. There is no other map named WAR-Dawn, so name it that.
      If not WAR-Dawn, then WAR-Dawning -- WAR-NewDawn just doesn't work for me.

Comment

I am not as worried about the name as I am about the other issues ... they are far more important than worrying about naming this map. Heck just leave it at War-Dawn since there never was a War gametype before hence War-Dawn has never existed before. Just as long as we get a killer map with the major issues (if not all of the issues) resolved this map could be called War-MorningBliss for all I care.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has commented on the location of the deemer.

Comment

^^ Couldn't find it and don't remember one being in ONS-Dawn. I'm going to go hunting for it now. I guess that it takes the place of the Target Painter? But then shouldn't it go where that is? Oh well it not a huge deal.

Comment

Hehe....
              ONS-Dawn had a deemer and a painter.

Obviously, the deemer was no big deal to put on the map, but we currently don't have a painter equivalent. Which is why I simply put a berzerk in its place.

Comment

The Berserk is a good choice ... I think I mentioned that in my suggestions ... was it already there or did you put it in for the next release?

Comment

Berserk has been there all along. Check next to the building behind the satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
                    Berserk has been there all along. Check next to the building behind the satellite.
                    Well then you have really done well but I wonder why I missed it ... it should be pretty easy to spot like the TP was. Hmmm. Okay ... well did I also miss the superhealth on this level?

Comment

I didn't put superhealth next to the deemer because we decided it would somewhat defeat the purpose of winning the deemer prize.

Comment

I didn't put superhealth next to the deemer because we decided it would somewhat defeat the purpose of winning the deemer prize.
                        yeah but man that is an important health pickup on this map ... very important especially since you aren't adding any extra armor ... so please reconsider that decision ... man I really depend on that health being there as I am coming that way.

Also you did remember to put the shield belts in each one of the bases at the top of the base in the front?

And I have been checking ONS-Dawn all over the place for the redeemer and not only can't I find it but bots on Godmode can't find it either. So how about sending me a pm so it doesn't get spoiled for anyone else but I would like to know where it is. Thanks.

Would you like some pics of ONS-Dawn so you can see what spots your version needs to work on? And please take a look at the bomber wreckage on ONS-Dawn and see how perfectly they did that ... that is all I am saying.

Comment

Well, remember where the deemer was in ONS-Dawn? What object was it hidden under?

I forgo the shield. I remembered the Keg, though. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Well, remember where the deemer was in ONS-Dawn? What object was it hidden under?

I forgo the shield. I remembered the Keg, though. Thanks for reminding me.
                            Yep you definitely need those 100 shield belts at each of the bases at the top. And nope I never knew that Dawn had a redeemer ... I don't play online and like I said not even the bots on Godlike ever picked up the redeemer though they use the TP with no problems. That's why I think for the sake of everyone that the health should be back in ... plenty of folks are going to miss the redeemer as you can already see.

There is a much bigger problem ... really big that you HAVE to fix ... the distances are not equal when going to the center nodes ... the pretty spot with the lush green and the ponds and the giant mushrooms and blue crystals ... from the red base the distance is much shorter to reach them ... it is almost twice as long from the blue base. It is very easy to notice when you look at the map from up above.

Also the hills are just too short throughout the map. I noticed this because your trees are way to close to the tops of the hills and in Dawn the trees were not nearly as tall compared to the hill peaks (actually take a look at the nodes immediately closest to the bases on the sides and notice how there are trees on levels on the hills themselves and the trees on the ground are really small compared to the hills they are next to). Again take a look at ONS-Dawn and then immediately look at your level. I'm not trying to nitpick but I want this remake to be fantastic as I am sure you do. I just love Dawn. Again my offer of getting you pics still stands ... let me know.

Comment

I still have 2k4 installed. No need for pics. But thx. I've been comparing 2k4 with the new as much as possible. It's hard trying to balance things the way they were with the new mechanics of..well..everything.

Coming across issues like:
                              1) UT3 Tank can climb steeper hills
                              2) UT3 Characters do not like the slightest drop in elevation (hence why you can't simply walk on the platforms as easily as 2k4)
                              3) Raptor behaves different.
                              4) Manta doesn't jump as high

And who knows what else.

I'll be address the distance issues. Oh, the height is about right. I just decided to use really tall trees. I like trees.

So let me know when you find that deemer.

Comment

there was a deemer on Dawn? lol, didnt know that....I guess I must have only played that map on servers that had super weapons disabled..

Comment

Working...
                                X