==========================
    Server IP to play it at: To be announced
    Download: Beta 2!!! Mirror 1
    ==========================

Please read Beta update notes

1. Name: Dawn Revisited
    2. Version: Beta 02
    3. Compatibility: UT3
    4. Description: Remake of 2k4's Dawn. We have now revisited Dawn with our new technology.
    6. Credits: Hourences (Original 2k4 Version), Flybye & DeadSoul
    7. Website for further discussion: http://zerofrag.com

Known Issues:
    Incorrect map on minimap and main map
    DM preview image in Warfare selection screen.
    Medium bot support (no aerial support from one side)
    Core Explosion cameras may be slightly misaligned
    No Orb
    Base unfinished (should be finalized by Beta 3)

Instructions
    Place files in this folder:
    [Drive Letter]\Documents and Settings\[Whatever your account is]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
    If the folder doesn't exit, then create it.

Comments
    This is my very first attempt at creating a map from scratch. I needed a map for my clan community to use with our leagues, and I hope the rest of the WAR community can also enjoy it.

MUCH of the terrain is unfinished and bases are unfinished. We will be adding a great amount of detail to the bases and work on the terrain in order to remove the tiled effect. I will also be adding much more foliage.

FPS is a big concern, so please post your numbers and system specs. Please let me know of any issues you find in the map. All comments & suggestions are welcomed.

The Orb is currently not in Beta01. I will be looking into creating a dual setup config for the map. One with and the other without Orbs. I personally feel it will be interesting to see how UT3 plays out without it.

List of problems found in Beta1:
    1) Require no jumping on to platforms from most angles
    2) Remove thrusters from rear of ship
    3) Adding a greater amount of detail to the bases
    4) Explore getting stuck on mushrooms
    5) Vehicle positions on the pads
    6) Smooth out terrain a bit
    7) Add shield belt next to satellite dish on top of bases
    8) Adjust direction of ALL player starts
    9) Shortening the map

Beta2 Notes:
    1) Installed collision volumes to facilitate walking onto vehicle, turret and node platforms.
    2) Removed thrusters from rear of crashed ship
    3) Realigned several vehicles
    4) Readjusted all player starts
    5) Added more detail to map
    6) Adjusted occlusion, terrain, and speed tree settings in hopes of raising FPS
    7) Resized map
    8) Elevators repaired
    9) Added several health options around prime nodes
    10) Decreased resolution of background terrains
    11) Enhanced the sky
    12) Smoothed out terrain

Playable area comparison (UT units):
    War-Dawn:50,000 x 30,000
    War-Dusk: 28,000 x 18,000
    War-PowerSurge: 20,000 x 24,000
    War-Serenity: 40,000 x 20,000
    War-Torlan: 28,000 x 27,000

Thank you very much. I have been waiting for this one for several days ... I really appreciate this remake.

Comment

At LONG last ... Yaaaayyy!!! Seriously though this is what I have been waiting for so excuse me for my excitement. Thank you so much for making this happen. I really enjoy Dawn from UT2K4 so this is really fantastic stuff for me.

Comment

Great.

Remember, it's not finished yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IzaFly View Post
          Great.

Remember, it's not finished yet.
          I know that is actually even more of a reason to be excited because I know you are dedicated to make this a full experience with good bot pathing, better textures, fixed elevators, etc. So while I am playing when I run into issues at least I know there is a chance that it will get fixed ... some people just release something and then move on no matter if it is buggy or not.

Comment

Yeah, great work IzaFly, i can't wait to see this final.

Comment

Not the greatest looking sky...something about it seems dull compared to the 2K4 version. The rest of it looks to be shaping up nicely.

Comment

Does it really need to have the revisited tagged onto it?

Comment

Awesome, I really loved Dawn and have been looking forward to this. So, thanks a lot, I'm downloading now and will give some feedback after I et to play it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Catalase View Post
                    Not the greatest looking sky...something about it seems dull compared to the 2K4 version. The rest of it looks to be shaping up nicely.
                    It's a clear morning.

2k4 had more clouds, but there is a more technical reason. UT3 fog acts like...well...REAL fog! If you get in the Raptor and start going up, you see how the fog thins out and you begin to see more of the sky and the sun.

I played around with 5+ different skys. Unless someone wants to make me a new wrap around sky texture with more clouds and the sun in the dawn position, this one will have to stay.

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants
                    Does it really need to have the revisited tagged onto it?
                    Unfortunately, yes. We wanted to keep the original name, but it can cause SERIOUS complications with the server redirects & clients if other people begin to come out with different Dawn variants, and none of them decide to change their map name.

Comment

Alright, so i had a play through it. Firstly I somehow doubt any ported over Onslought map will have the same play style feel, in which case it needs addition and extensions or things taken away to give it gameplay feel (cause UT2k4 and UT3 are quite different, hell on foot people can take out mostly anything if your good enough.).

- Center Nodes should have AVRiLs
                      - center Node roads are way too bumpy
                      - I'd be nice to see more air combat happening/ ground combat, maybe have more Scorpions/ Raptors on the map, since it is quite large.

- The front of the bases are extremely bare and fugly to look at. Add some stuff to it, who cares if said stuff wasn't in the 2k4 version of Dawn, UT3's Dawn will have to be different, look at UT3's Torlan to UT2k4's, plays alot better and has a few changes, some noticeable others aren't.

- Defending teams can easily protect this node with just rushing in the Hellbender and Goliath whilst Defenders of the imcompleted node/ completed have to wait for backup to come by which takes a good 15 seconds to do from center nodes.
                      -Add a second Scorpion
                      - Plus that position allow for the defenders a lot of cover whilst they take down the Node
                      - If their isn't a AVRiL at these Nodes, they should be.
                      -Dunno why it takes so long to get from center nodes to pictured node, i don't think it took as long in UT2k4, even on the hoverboard it takes forever.

-The blur effects kill fps
                      -Why is a downed ship still firing its thrusters anyways? Get rid of the effect.

-Many of the vehicle pads you'll get stuck (not stuck but you'll stop moving forward) when trying get on them
                      - A few of the vehicles, aren't really centered (like this Hellbender)

-These guys are really out of place, if you subdued the color and added more of them around the map it'd make sense, right now they are out of place.

-The inside of the base is also bare, along with the repetitive grass texture inside it.
                      -Maybe have vehicles or spawns on platforms or stuff like that
                      -The texture for the tunnel arch is quite repetitive.

-On a few of the nodes (like Center) you won't smoothly go on the pad, like a couple times you need to jump to get on, quite odd.

For movemet;
                      Maybe have a few of the hills accessible for Hover-boarders to go over like what Epic did in Torlan near the Prime Node

For the bases;
                      -Look at how the bases in Dusk and Torlan were made, for heavens sake the bases are just HUGE, they need to be smaller

Overall its good, can't wait for the next Beta, i'll probably play through it again and give more feedback.

Comment

I have to agree about being stopped at the node and vehicle pads. Having to jump up is a pain. I took a look at the collision mesh and it would seem that one could walk onto them without problem. But that is not the case. Perhaps shrink the z axis of the pads itself or lower the whole prefab a touch.

I like climbin the center node mushrooms. But it is way too easyto get stuck (if you fall). Crouching should let one get from under them but does not. Also, I used to hop on them to get to the rock and deny the opposite center node. I'd like to be able to still do that (although I know true node denial is not possible).

Taking shape and for the first beta is very, very nice.

Comment

I'll make my observations simple ... so far I am in love with this remake. I realize you have more work to do on it so I will save any deep analysis for the next version. But man you are definitely 100% on the right track imo. I can see I will be playing this Warfare map all the time once it is completed. Really everything for the most part feels right to me. Once you add some more eye candy and fix the sticking issues, etc. this is going to see a lot of action on servers. I'll be looking forward to the next version.

Comment

Fly and Deadsoul my UT Bros.

The Dawn Map looks awesome and for those that download this map.

Zerofrag.com is the UT3 Warfare Community were we Test Warfare maps.
                            There you will find good players and servers peeps.

This site is great for Warfare Map builders to get good feedback.

Much goes out to Fly and Deadsoul for the time they have put into remaking one of the best 2k4 ONS maps. Thank you guys.

You guys Rock. I can not wait to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                              ....- Center Nodes should have AVRiLs
                              But they didn't in 2k4. Thus I didn't place any.
                              - center Node roads are way too bumpy
                              2k4 terrain was extremely smooth. I wanted to bump it up a bit, but I realize I may have over done it. Other's seem to be stating the same thing. I'll be smoothing it out.
                              - I'd be nice to see more air combat happening/ ground combat, maybe have more Scorpions/ Raptors on the map, since it is quite large.
                              Vehicle count is exactly as it was in 2k4. There are currently 20 vehicles:
                              Base x 2: Tank, Raptor, Manta, Bender
                              Prime Node x 2: Scorp, Manta
                              Centre Node x 2: Bender, Manta
                              Tank Node x 2: Raptor, Tank

I created this map for my competition matches. Which means it had to be exactly as before in order to disrupt the mechanics of the map as little as possible. I understand more vehicles may make play funner, but think of the consequences. Do you really want to be at a node charging it with 6 incoming Mantas?

If someone wishes to create a new version with more "stuff." More weapons, more vehicles, more of anything they wish, then I will be more than happy if they did it and called it a different version. The more maps we have for the community, the better.
                              - The front of the bases are extremely bare and fugly to look at.
                              I agree with you 110%. We rushed this base out for the first Beta. A LOT more detail will be going into it
                              ....- Defending teams can easily protect this node with just rushing in the Hellbender and Goliath whilst Defenders of the imcompleted node/ completed have to wait for backup to come by which takes a good 15 seconds to do from center nodes.
                              Just as it was in 2k4. It comes down to a matter of tactics. Attacking team is unable to hold prime. Thus, you switch over to their tank node. Will defending team be able to take down prime, then work their way across the centre nodes or just do a complete push to the attacker's tank node? Fixing a map isn't as simple as adding more vehicles or weapons. It mostly comes down to player tactics
                              -Add a second Scorpion
                              - If their isn't a AVRiL at these Nodes, they should be.
                              I feel this would be overkill. The team must have a chance to retake the node.
                              - Plus that position allow for the defenders a lot of cover whilst they take down the Node
                              -Dunno why it takes so long to get from center nodes to pictured node, i don't think it took as long in UT2k4, even on the hoverboard it takes forever.
                              Yes, we are considering changing the length.
                              -Why is a downed ship still firing its thrusters anyways? Get rid of the effect.
                              Gas leakage.
                              -Many of the vehicle pads you'll get stuck (not stuck but you'll stop moving forward) when trying get on them
                              GO back to 2k4 and you will realize some of the pads also require jumping.
                              - A few of the vehicles, aren't really centered (like this Hellbender)
                              Will fix.
                              -These guys are really out of place, if you subdued the color and added more of them around the map it'd make sense, right now they are out of place.
                              Yeah. Eventually, I'll figure out what to do with them.
                              -The inside of the base is also bare, along with the repetitive grass texture inside it.
                              -Maybe have vehicles or spawns on platforms or stuff like that
                              -The texture for the tunnel arch is quite repetitive.
                              All these will be fixed.
                              -On a few of the nodes (like Center) you won't smoothly go on the pad, like a couple times you need to jump to get on, quite odd.
                              Again, in 2k4, you had to jump on them from certain positions, but I'll be tweaking the terrain around them a bit.
                              For movemet;
                              Maybe have a few of the hills accessible for Hover-boarders to go over like what Epic did in Torlan near the Prime Node
                              Many of the inside of the canyon was never really accessible. But most are from the outer ring. At many points, if your hoverboard gets stuck, you can easily jump and it will make it across.
                              For the bases;
                              -Look at how the bases in Dusk and Torlan were made, for heavens sake the bases are just HUGE, they need to be smaller
                              We are considering changing the map's length.
                              Overall its good, can't wait for the next Beta, i'll probably play through it again and give more feedback.
                              Great

Comment

Working...
                              X