X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPickUps beta - you choose the pickups Really Good mut to have for dueling

1. Name: UPickUps
    2. Version: 1a beta
    3. Compatibility: UT3 and other mods or patches it requires to have installed.
    4. Description:
    Code:
     This is What it does...
    [UPickUpsbeta.MutUPickUpsbeta]
    CfgCheckConfig=DO NOT REMOVE THIS!
    bNoRedeemer=True
    bNoUDamage=True
    bNoInvulnerability=True
    bNoInvisibility=True
    bNoBerserk=True
    bNoJumpBoots=False
    bNoSuperHealth=True
    bNoShieldBelt=False
    bNoArmourHelmet=False
    bNoArmourVest=False
    bNoThighPads=False
    bNoHealthVials=False
    bNoNormalHealth=False
    bNoVehicles=True
    bFastWeaponSwitch=True
    5. Comments: I havent tested everything is up to you guys to test the rest thats why is only a beta. Heres what I tested. Getting rid of jump boots, getting rid of the Darkwalker in heatray (should also remove all vehicles in other maps too), removed amp, removed invisibility. It also disables to redeemer (it spawns but you cannot use it), fast weapon switch works like a charm -all those works and im 99% sure that the others will work too !
    6. Screenshot: None
    7. Credits: Myself and whoever I borrowed content from and AnubanUT2 for the idea.
    8. Homepage: My Myspace
    9. Download: Link to download

hopefully Ill be able to do a UI screen for the mutator config section for instant action for the final version.

P.S if it doesnt work at all then I didnt do the config properly lol so let me no and I can fix that in a hotsec.

Wait, does this allow us to switch powerups/ redeemer with other powerups?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
      Wait, does this allow us to switch powerups/ redeemer with other powerups?
      naw, it gives youo the option to disable any power ups, pickups and super pick ups.

Comment

so basically u can choose which powerups/superweapons are and are not in the game? yeh sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
          so basically u can choose which powerups/superweapons are and are not in the game? yeh sounds cool
          yar indeed !

Comment

Great job man ... glad to see you went ahead and posted it over here. I appreciate your doing this and it turned out really good. I'll keep my eye open for more of your work, thanks again big time.

Comment

sweet...i remember something similar to this in UT2004, did u make that mod woooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                Great job man ... glad to see you went ahead and posted it over here. I appreciate your doing this and it turned out really good. I'll keep my eye open for more of your work, thanks again big time.
                NP anytime.
                Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                sweet...i remember something similar to this in UT2004, did u make that mod woooooo?
                Naw It wasn't me =]

Comment

Yeah man do you know how cool it is too play Heatray with no Darkwalker? Somehow the way you are playing this down I don't think you do! This is just fantastic!!! You really have to make a GUI for this but as is this is still great. I'll be adding it to my favorite mutator pack v1.04 it is that excellent. One question though can I actually replace pickups now? For example on Heatray there is an invisibility pickup and if I want it to be a super health instead can that be done yet? Or if I want that sheild belt to be a berserk pickup ... can I do that now? If not may I suggest you add that ability to this mutator as well. That would really enhance its usability. Thanks again man. People are really gonna dig this one it hits them what this does.

edit: Oh yeah it also makes that DM level Fearless playable for me now ... the bots would always beat me to that invulnerability pickup and now I don't have to worry about that. Man this mut is really cool.

Comment

Hmm I can give it a try over the week, that would be pretty cool "PowerUpReplacer" =]

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                      Hmm I can give it a try over the week, that would be pretty cool "PowerUpReplacer" =]
                      yeah man I think that would be another must have mutator and one I would definitely help to spread by including it with the other mutators in my pack. I think this mutator would be one of the more unique ones that people will wonder how they ever managed without it.

Edit: Here is the concept:

You know what just hit me is it would be great if there was a mutator that let people replace the super pickup items with anything they wanted because there is always debate among these items:

- Redeemer
                      - Armor pieces (various but mainly chest and belt)
                      - Invisibility
                      - Berserk
                      - Invulnerability
                      - Super Health

Now imagine a mutator just for the swapping in and out any of these items on a level (like maybe instead of Invisibility on Heatray I want berserk or I want to put a redeemer there) .... that would be sweet and would solve tons of issues for individuals and let them shape a level even more to their liking.

Comment

Thanks for this mod, cant wait till the UI is done and we can swap Super Power Ups to change levels alittle more to our personal choice.
                        Whould it also be possible to swap-out Jump Pads for Jump Boots as I have asked for in this thread?
                        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=593150
                        Thanks, keep up the hard work.

Comment

wooo how is work on this mutator coming?

Comment

I have an Idea how to do it, its not an effecient way and will be without a config screen in the first beta, it will need careful configuration until I learn more to make an improved version, so I could probably finish the first beta today, just something for you guys to have then the improived will be for a later time.

Comment

Go for it man ... the more options we have the better. I was just playing Heatray and thinking that it would be cool to have the berserk powerup instead of invisibilty.

Comment

Working...
                              X