No announcement yet.

TitanTeamFixUT3[Beta21][Updated:30-4-08]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that is automatically set to true ingame (but not saved to the .ini) when ImbalanceAction is either IA_DeathEvent, IA_CountdownOrDeath ot IA_TeamDeath.

Comment

Ok then ttf did not fix the team size when player die.

Comment

I had made a lot test now and have found this 2 things.
        When you have min 6 players and 3 humans and 3 bots are on the server, the teams are fine. When a fourth player join the game a bot is leaving and the human player join to the team with the lowest human players, than a bot from the red team leave again the server and join to the blue team so that in the red team are 2 human players and in the blue team are 2 humans and 2 bots. Its impposible to switch and this situation can only cleared if someone join or leave the server. But this is only in this situation when the 4th player join the server and everytime in red are 2 and in blue 4 player.
        The other thing is, most time when a new player joins the server and no bots are on it, that the player joins to the team with the most players and after time ttf put the player to the team with the lowest players.

Comment

Ok, thanks for helping test this btw
          I suspect that may be due to TTF killing bots when randomizing the teams; could you please set ShuffleTeams=ST_Disable and see if the problem goes away?

If you're running patch2 beta2, with bPlayersBalanceTeams=True, then that should at least partially compensate for having the TTF shuffling code disabled.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the latter problem (players joining to bigger team) yet; I could add code to monitor all incoming players, to ensure they get on the smaller team, but I'd prefer to do it in a more efficient way if I can.

Comment

Ok i will test with ShuffleTeams=ST_Disable
            I run patch2 beta2, with bPlayersBalanceTeams=True

Thx

Comment

I have test it with ShuffleTeams=ST_Disable and with same results.

Comment

Ok, I'll recode it so that TTF will manually kill the bots after rebalancing (I was expecting UT3 to do that automatically; I think UT2004 did).

EDIT: Actually the problem seems a bit more complicated than I thought; I need TTF to consider bots when balancing again, BUT this time I will need to rebalance the human players before the bot players (which is what I should have done).

Comment

Update:
                  This actually screws things up quite a bit...UT3 should be checking the bot count to make sure the teams are balanced, but doesn't appear to be doing that.
                  If you find the time, can you please try turning TTF off and then see if you can make UT3 have one team with 2 human players, and another with 2 human + 2 bots; I just want to rule out the possibility that TTF may be stopping UT3 from balancing the bots, but I suspect UT3 simply wasn't coded to do that anyway.

In the next update, I'll have to force TTF to check the bots every time a new player joins (the added benefit of that, is it allows me to simultaneously make sure that incoming players go to the smaller team).

Comment

Ugh...There really is so much basic stuff missing from the game code, and it's a pain trying to implement things through a mutator, when they should be implemented in the actual gametype code.

It's a nightmare just trying to predict the potential problems I could cause with each small change; this is becoming far too hacky.[/rant]

Could you please verify (with TTF off completely) that
                    1: UT3 doesn't balance the teams with bots, it just enforces a minimum number of players and
                    2: That UT3 allows players to change teams, regardless of whether or not that will make the teams uneven.

For the moment, I might have to pause work on TTF until some of these things are fixed in a patch, as I can't see a non-messy way of implementing fixes myself.

Comment

OK i will test it in the next days

Comment

Cheers

Comment

are there any issues with this on patch 2.1? some people say it does not work

Comment

Originally posted by TekHead View Post
                            are there any issues with this on patch 2.1? some people say it does not work
                            I have 7 servers with it running 1.2 (patch 2) and so far it seems to work fine.

Comment

Here the same. It´s running fine. The last problem i postet before with the bots, it looks like that it´s a UT3 bug.

Comment

The mod works very fine, but whenever I do a levelswitch via Webadmin, the Mutator gets lost. Is there a reason why this mod can't be run as a valid Mutator instead of a Serveractor?

Comment

Working...
                                X