Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine, you are fast^^...have it installed, will see tomorrow if it works

Comment

I saw it only 1 time again, but it could be when shuffle the teams that in 1 team are all humans and in the other team are bots. After a while teamfix will correct the size, but maybe you can have a look for it when you shuffle the teams that the teamsize of human players is the same.

Comment

You had it setup to shuffle before the map transition yes? Were people leaving during the map transition?

Also, did TTF correct the team sizes just as the start countdown finished, or was it during actual play?

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
          You had it setup to shuffle before the map transition yes? Were people leaving during the map transition?
          Yes, but it could also be when no players leaving when map change. It sometimes mix the teams that the teamsize is not the same, like 5 vs2.

Also, did TTF correct the team sizes just as the start countdown finished, or was it during actual play?
          TTF correct the team size before countdown finish.

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
            TTF correct the team size before countdown finish.
            Ah good It should be fine then in that case (i.e. it's doing what it's supposed to); it may confuse the odd player that gets switched but that's the best time for the code to do the initial balancing, as most incoming players should have joined by then.

It's pretty unavoidable really, as I don't think there is a way of detecting players that leave during server travel.

Just to clarify though (in case I might have misunderstood anything): Once the countdown is finished, the teams are always properly balanced?

Comment

Just to clarify though (in case I might have misunderstood anything): Once the countdown is finished, the teams are always properly balanced?
              Yes, i only saw 1 time when countdown was finish Team A had 2 humans and Team B 2 humans and 2 bots.

For explain 1 thing, when a match was over and the teamsize was 3 humans Team A and 2 humans and 1 bot in Team B, before mapchange you shuffle teams and kick bots before shuffle. When mapchange starts, shuffle teams is finish, but ttf put all human players in Team A, so it need balance again before countdown is finish. Should it not check teams when shuffle? When have 5 players put 3 in Team A and 2 in Team B?

Comment

Actually, I think I see the problem: normally the code which checks if the teams are uneven is disabled when the game is over; I forgot to force that check.
                I actually added a fix for that before, but removed it when I moved the team-shuffle code from match end to match start, then forgot to add it back in

Here's the update:
                http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett...v1.0beta10.rar

Comment

Thx for fast work...install right now and can give feedback tomorrow

Comment

So far no Problems anymore, only 1 small thing. When a new player joins, the most time he joined in the team with the most players, so that ttf balance after time. Maybe you can make it when a new player joins that he auto joins in the team with the lowest players.

Good work

Comment

Hmm..That's odd, UT3 must be assigning players to their preferred team, regardless of whether or not it will imbalance the teams (unlike UT2004).

Try opening TitanTeamFixUT3.ini and setting:
                      PreferredTeams=PT_Disable
                      Make sure the server is off when you do that, otherwise it may overwrite the .ini with the version in memory.

I will set that as default for now.

Comment

I did that and test it, but with PreferredTeams=PT_Disable they join allways (the most time) in red team and ttf need to fix it again. Maybe i need set in UTgame.ini "bPlayersBalanceTeams=true" to "false" for work with? I thought ttf will manage that all.

Comment

Hmm...no bPlayersBalanceTeams should be True, and after looking at UT's code I'm not sure why it's doing this.

Are the players (who end up on the bigger team) travelling from the previous level or are they newly joined?

Comment

Only when the new join. Today a nother thing happens. I dont know how that happens, but in this situation there was 2 humans in team A and 3 humans and 1 bot in team B. ttf didnt see that the teams are not same size, so i kicked the bot and he comes back, but in the wrong team again and ttf didnĀ“t fix the team size again.

Comment

Did TTF still fail to notice after a human player either died or exited the server?

I'll try and find the time to look through the UT3 code, so I can find out why/if UT3 still ends up imbalancing the teams.

Comment

I didnt check it, because bCheckTeamsOnDeath=False and when this happens never a player left the game, but i can check it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X