No announcement yet.

TitanTeamFixUT3[Beta21][Updated:30-4-08]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks; it appears that a single bot is getting logged out twice somehow, which is causing NumBots to be reduced twice as well.

That should be entirely impossible though, very weird; I'm not sure how this is going to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
      Thanks; it appears that a single bot is getting logged out twice somehow, which is causing NumBots to be reduced twice as well.

That should be entirely impossible though, very weird; I'm not sure how this is going to be fixed.
      Well, weird problems require weird fixes.

If NumBots being wrong is being the problem (impossible or not), making sure Numbots is right might solve the problem.

I made a new beta now that I hope will fix this: http://bigbattleservers.com/beta/BTFA_V6.2_beta.zip

Can you guys please try this version and let know if it solves the problem?

Comment

That doesn't solve the problem though, it just covers up after it; it will still cause numerous accessed nones in the logs and could break other muts.

Comment

That doesn't solve the problem though, it just covers up after it; it will still cause numerous accessed nones in the logs and could break other muts.
          I agree it isn't perfect but given that we have been unable to find the cause so far it can be a temporary solution for the bot problem. And if we ever figure it out we can replace the temporary solution with a definitive one.

But I think first someone has to test if 6.2 beta does indeed solve the bot problem.

Comment

Check the thread at Titan though; we are quite close to finding the source of the problem.

Comment

Check the thread at Titan though; we are quite close to finding the source of the problem.
              Check my response there .

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
                Well, weird problems require weird fixes.

If NumBots being wrong is being the problem (impossible or not), making sure Numbots is right might solve the problem.

I made a new beta now that I hope will fix this: http://bigbattleservers.com/beta/BTFA_V6.2_beta.zip

I'll give it a go and let you know

Comment

I think your on to something . I will continue testing and keep you informed.

Comment

I created a new 6.3 beta http://bigbattleservers.com/beta/BTFA_V6.3_beta.zip. It contains the same workaround for the bot problem (so far it seems to work for Captain_Tea). It also contains logging for 2 Destroy calls so we can see if UT3 indeed somehow wrecks WorldInfo or WorldInfo.Game. That seems unlikely, but so is the problem we are trying to solve.

So it might be interesting to test with this and look at the log. When AUTOFIX is logged "### destroy with UTGame(WorldInfo.Game) == None" or "### B.Destroy();" might also be in the log.

Comment

I created a new 6.3 beta http://bigbattleservers.com/beta/BTFA_V6.3_beta.zip. It contains the same workaround for the bot problem (so far it seems to work for Captain_Tea). It also contains logging for 2 Destroy calls so we can see if UT3 indeed somehow wrecks WorldInfo or WorldInfo.Game. That seems unlikely, but so is the problem we are trying to solve.

So it might be interesting to test with this and look at the log. When AUTOFIX is logged "### destroy with UTGame(WorldInfo.Game) == None" or "### B.Destroy();" might also be in the log.
                      Whatever you did seems to kill the extra bots . I will load 6.3 up.

Comment

^^ Try to trigger the problem again, with 'mutate TTFBotDebug' turned on beforehand (remember that you need to be admin for that to turn on); you should still see the "Bot logged out twice!" message from TTF, even if the bot does not stay in the game.

After making sure you receive that message, please upload your server logfile.

Comment

^^ Try to trigger the problem again, with 'mutate TTFBotDebug' turned on beforehand (remember that you need to be admin for that to turn on); you should still see the "Bot logged out twice!" message from TTF, even if the bot does not stay in the game.

After making sure you receive that message, please upload your server logfile.
                          File Uploaded. I am sending you the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
                            Captain_Tea, can I get a copy too?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
                              Got it, thanks! (BattleMode: PM'd it to you at Titan)

Comment

Captain_Tea: Could you please go back to the original version of BTA/BFA (V6 without any debug code), and try to reproduce the problem again.

This time though, make sure all of the bots are dead before triggering the problem, and see if it still occurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X