Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
    OK Captain Tea is not crazy
    That's not what my shrink says . But seriosly, it's good to know someone else can reproduce it.

Comment

Ah, somehow I didn't get notification of these new posts; those are interesting results Mojo, are you able to reliably reproduce them with TTF off? If yes, please try to reproduce the problem in team deathmatch as well (with no mods/muts); that would be a big help.

Here is the new TTF version you requested at Titan, with the bot balance limit; please try to reproduce the extra bot problem, as above, before installing this update though (in case the new code introduces problems):
      http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett...v1.0beta21.rar

Thanks!

EDIT: Also try to get a 'mutate TTFPlayerCount' reading before you trigger the extra bot problem.

Comment

Thanks I'll do some more testing on the previous version before trying this one.

Comment

BTW, can you please give me a complete list of all mods you're running (important not to leave anything out).

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
            please try to reproduce the problem in team deathmatch as well (with no mods/muts); that would be a big help.
            I attempted to reproduce the problem today in TDM and I couldn't.

Comment

Interesting; can you make it occur when you switch to BFA? (and only BFA, no other muts/mods)

Comment

Interesting; can you make it occur when you switch to BFA? (and only BFA, no other muts/mods)

I was able to get bot issue with no other mods

Comment

Ok thanks; I'll take another close look at the BTA/BFA code then, but the problem is still perplexing because (through my past searching) I haven't yet seen any way for NumBots to be reduced below the number of active bots.

It should be impossible.

Comment

Are you able to make the problem occur during a round (i.e. when some people are still alive on both teams)? Or does it only happen during the transition between rounds?

Comment

I can't find any way that this could be happening; could you please reproduce the problem again and send me your server logfile afterwards.

Comment

(Quadruple post) Here is an update with extra debug code:
                        http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett...v1.0beta22.rar

To enable the extra debug checking, login as admin and type: mutate TTFBotDebug

Do this before triggering the problem, then keep a close eye on the output when you reproduce the problem, and take a screenshot (with the console open) of the resulting information afterwards (N.B. The extra debug info is only sent to admins).

Comment

Are you able to make the problem occur during a round (i.e. when some people are still alive on both teams)? Or does it only happen during the transition between rounds?

It always occurs during the round. The extra bot/bots get dumped after map travel.

Comment

I can't find any way that this could be happening; could you please reproduce the problem again and send me your server logfile afterwards.

will do

Comment

I'm gonna try to do some testing this weekend as well.

Of course that will depend if I can get a few people to show up and gamespy is allowing the server to show up in the server browser.

Comment

To enable the extra debug checking, login as admin and type: mutate TTFBotDebug
                                Here you go

Comment

Working...
                                X