• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
    Sorry about that, a compiler bug was breaking the bit of code I added
    Working now

Comment

Mojo: Do you still get an extra bot when you turn off TTF?
      I haven't tried it but since I have numplay=2 I would never have more than one bot anyway.

Comment

I haven't had a lot of time to play but when I entered the server there was an xtra bot and here's the debug info:

DesiredPlayerCount:4

NumPlayers:1

NumBots:3

RawBotCount:4

NumTravelingPlayers:0

Comment

Yea, that confirms it alright; really weird.

I'll need to think over this, so that I can find a useful way to debug the problem.

Comment

I think I found the problem; asked BattleMode to put some debug code in BTA/BFA to test the fix (if this fixes it, the bug was in UT):
            http://bigbattleservers.com/beta/BTFA_V6.1_sb.zip

Captain_Tea: Please run that test version of BTA/BFA and let me know if it fixes the problem; I'll report the bug to Epic if it does.
            Note: You will need to wait for level streaming to happen at least once, with bots present.

Comment

if this fixes it, the bug was in UT.
              That's a big surprise . Thanks Shambler. I'll try it out and let u know asap.

Comment

I think I found the problem; asked BattleMode to put some debug code in BTA/BFA to test the fix (if this fixes it, the bug was in UT):

Captain_Tea: Please run that test version of BTA/BFA and let me know if it fixes the problem; I'll report the bug to Epic if it does.
                Note: You will need to wait for level streaming to happen at least once, with bots present.

I just need the .u file correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
                  I just need the .u file correct?
                  Correct, you can replace the V6 one with the V6.1_sb one.

Comment

It happened again apon my rejoining the server after I had left. The ttf debug info is the same as my last report. Where do i need to go to find the debug info for BFA?

Comment

******...I'll have to keep on looking then.

There wasn't any debug code added to BFA, just an attempted fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Tea View Post
                        It happened again apon my rejoining the server after I had left. The ttf debug info is the same as my last report. Where do i need to go to find the debug info for BFA?
                        I just tested with 1 server and 2 clients and no matter what I try (first game, second game, third game, enter, leave, etc.) the number of bots is as it should be.

Can you perhaps give me a step by step on how to produce this problem?

(I tested with V6.1 sb, nothing else, no teamfix)

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
                          I just tested with 1 server and 2 clients and no matter what I try (first game, second game, third game, enter, leave, etc.) the number of bots is as it should be.

Can you perhaps give me a step by step on how to produce this problem?

(I tested with V6.1 sb, nothing else, no teamfix)
                          All someone has to do is join while there are bots present. If i leave and rejoin when the server has less than 4 human players it happens. I have numplay=4 in my command line and .ini files. I don't want to but perhaps I need to drop it down to 2, like Mojo's setup which seems to work for him. You wouldn't think that 2 or 4 would make a difference. I'll try turning off teamfix and see if it makes a difference.

I hope this isn't the case, but perhaps my installation or one of my ini files are corrupt. Perhaps I'll try removing the current UTgame and UTEngine ini's so it will generate new one's if you think it's worth a try.

I'm going to feel pretty bad if i've put you guys through all this and it turns out to be a problem on just my server.

Comment

If there is something in your .ini files which is causing this, then don't reset them as I'd like to find out exactly what is going on.

Didn't you try turning off TTF before, but with the problem still being present with TTF off?

Comment

Didn't you try turning off TTF before, but with the problem still being present with TTF off?
                              Yes I did and yes it was.

If there is something in your .ini files which is causing this, then don't reset them as I'd like to find out exactly what is going on.
                              Roger That

Comment

Hey Captain Tea I've just uploaded the latest TTF / BTA and set numplay=4 to see if I can reproduce the problem.

edit: OK Captain Tea is not crazy. I just had the same problem when running numplay=4.

When 3 of us joined the empty server everything was fine. There was a bot to make the teams even at 2v2. Trouble began when one of the real players left the team that had a bot. A bot was added to that team, one of the remaining real players was switched to that team, and a bot was added to replace the player that was switched. So the team where the player left had 3 and the other team had 2:
                                DesiredPlayerCount: 4 / NumPlayers:2 / NumBots:2 / RawBotCount:3 / NumTravelingPlayers:0

When the real player came back one bot was dropped but the teams were still 3v2:
                                DesiredPlayerCount: 4 / NumPlayers:3 / NumBots:1 / RawBotCount:2 / NumTravelingPlayers:0

Next map the problem continued. When I first joined and the other two guys were travelling:
                                DesiredPlayerCount: 4 / NumPlayers:1 / NumBots:3 / RawBotCount:3 / NumTravelingPlayers:2

When all three of us were playing:
                                DesiredPlayerCount: 4 / NumPlayers:3 / NumBots:1 / RawBotCount:2 / NumTravelingPlayers:0

After the other two guys left (when the first guy left TTF switched me to the other team):
                                DesiredPlayerCount: 4 / NumPlayers:1 / NumBots:3 / RawBotCount:4 / NumTravelingPlayers:0

Comment

Working...
                                X