Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-2Fort

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CTF-2Fort

    Name: CTF-2Fort_Beta
    Version: Beta1
    Compatibility: UT3
    Description: Based off the TFC version of 2Fort.
    Comments: Unfinished version, I'm not sure if I want to keep working on this or possibly trying something else, comments may persuade me (I have lots of ideas for this but they will take a while to finish). The map is pretty fun at this stage, it may be hard to cap the flag in online play I've only tested with 2 human players. Also note there is no sewer, I thought it would help balance but I might have been wrong, please comment on this.
    Credits: The Team Fortress team at Valve, Epic for content, and myself.
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+2Fort.../fileinfo.html
    Screenshots:


    #2
    Actually Valve are not the original authors to the 2fort maps. They were made for Quake Team Fortress looooong before anyone even thought about Half Life.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Grim View Post
      Actually Valve are not the original authors to the 2fort maps. They were made for Quake Team Fortress looooong before anyone even thought about Half Life.
      Right, thats why I said the team fortress team at valve, because that team is with valve now.

      Comment


        #4
        asian ft?, interesting. dwnld and play now

        Comment


          #5
          If you have downloaded the map please post any feedback.

          Comment


            #6
            Nice downloading now we gonna test it on my serv .

            Comment


              #7
              My opinion is based on an INSTAGIB point of view!!!
              --> The bases are good for 5v5, but the midfield is so small, that it makes this map look like CTF-LostFaith from 2k4 (which wasn't popular for insta )

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Denk View Post
                My opinion is based on an INSTAGIB point of view!!!
                --> The bases are good for 5v5, but the midfield is so small, that it makes this map look like CTF-LostFaith from 2k4 (which wasn't popular for insta )
                Yeah, I doubt this would be all that good for ICTF.

                Comment


                  #9
                  First impressions :
                  = the level needs more detailing inside and out to make it feel less cramped
                  Especially the outer walls and the ceilings.

                  = you could restrict weapon-lockers, ammo and health to the inside the spawn-rooms instead of placing ammo& health outside.
                  This would give it the same kind of style as the original in TeamFortress.

                  = it also appears to be a bit too cramped for a game that features dodging and an extremely high movement-speed when compared to the original.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    If I had to suggest anything, as this is generally a nice remake:

                    Raise the ceilings inside. I know, it's not true to the original, but QTF/TF1.5/TFC/TF2 do not have dodging, doublejumps(with the exception of the tf2 scout).

                    And maybe brighten up the outside area. Overall though, pretty good.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I think this map should have the feel of 2fort in team fortress two. IMO that was the best version of the map.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by JaFO View Post
                        First impressions :
                        = the level needs more detailing inside and out to make it feel less cramped
                        Especially the outer walls and the ceilings.

                        = you could restrict weapon-lockers, ammo and health to the inside the spawn-rooms instead of placing ammo& health outside.
                        This would give it the same kind of style as the original in TeamFortress.

                        = it also appears to be a bit too cramped for a game that features dodging and an extremely high movement-speed when compared to the original.
                        What do you mean by limit the pickups to spawn rooms? There is no spawn rooms, if you mean only rooms you spawn in, then I could do that, and put different weapons on each side of the base so there's not 2 guns in 1 room. About the cramped part, is there any specific areas (hallways, rooms, which ceilings? ground floor bases maybe?). I'm afraid if I make it any bigger it will take too long to get around, I like the raising the ceiling ideas though. The outside walls I was planning to do something like what was done in TF2, which is put a scenery with a fence blocking it. My idea was to make one side Axon and one side Necris possibly change the style of the map like that also so 1 team is the necris side other is axon or something similar, and about detail I'll work on that later this is mostly a testing version for scale, weapon placement etc.

                        Originally posted by Rocknificent View Post
                        I think this map should have the feel of 2fort in team fortress two. IMO that was the best version of the map.
                        I'm actually not a big fan of it, I liked the TFC version the best, which is why i choose to do that one. Dont get me wrong I like 2fort in TF2 but theres something classic about sniping on the TFC version i wanted to bring to UT3, easier said then done though :P

                        Originally posted by Naish View Post
                        If I had to suggest anything, as this is generally a nice remake:

                        Raise the ceilings inside. I know, it's not true to the original, but QTF/TF1.5/TFC/TF2 do not have dodging, doublejumps(with the exception of the tf2 scout).

                        And maybe brighten up the outside area. Overall though, pretty good.
                        I'm going to look at raising the ceilings, thanks for pointing that out. Once i get a bit better with the editor i will make the outdoors brighter and look a lot better, i figured that needed to be done.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Bump, is this still being worked on?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I don't like the oriental theme you did with it, try and make it like the TF2 version.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Biznarie View Post
                              Name: CTF-2Fort_Beta
                              Version: Beta1
                              Compatibility: UT3
                              Description: Based off the TFC version of 2Fort.
                              Comments: Unfinished version, I'm not sure if I want to keep working on this or possibly trying something else, comments may persuade me (I have lots of ideas for this but they will take a while to finish). The map is pretty fun at this stage, it may be hard to cap the flag in online play I've only tested with 2 human players. Also note there is no sewer, I thought it would help balance but I might have been wrong, please comment on this.
                              Credits: The Team Fortress team at Valve, Epic for content, and myself.
                              Download: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+2Fort.../fileinfo.html
                              Screenshots:

                              cook to ps3 plz i must have....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X