DM-TempestX [FINAL Released!] [Screenshots-NEW] [PC & PS3 DOWNLOAD!!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TempestX [FINAL Released!] [Screenshots-NEW] [PC & PS3 DOWNLOAD!!]

NOTE! The final has been released! Please go to final post to DL the maps HERE!

Name: DM-Tempest X
    Tempest X2 available HERE.
    Previously known as DM-Tempest-Revival
    Version: RC1 !!
    Compatibility: UT3 V1.1

Description: This map is based on the original Tempest from Unreal Tournament, but has been altered to provide a new perspective on this classic map. The map is flipped on it's X axis making for a unique gameplay experience.

Comments:
    I'm a long time Unreal fan, and have been working with UnrealEd since the first Unreal was released. I've made a few maps for the Unreal series, but only released one map to the public (DM-Deterioration for UT2K4). This is my first attempt at a more professional quality map. I plan on making at least a few BETA before I release as a final map. My goal with this is to produce a top quality map that will appeal to almost everyone. I will work hard to make sure it this both plays and looks GREAT!

UPDATE 2-20-08
    RC1 Details:

-Tempest X2 now available!!
    -Minor graphical changes
    -Lighting tweaks
    -Added/Tweaked blocking volumes
    -Added custom textures
    -Added custom music (PC Only)

UPDATE 2-06-08
    BETA 4 Details:

-Added more blocking volumes in a few places
    -Added/tweaked meshes/textures in a few rooms
    -Added some more kismet (sparks synced with sound + dynamic broken light)
    -Added dust particles for more ambience(on High detail ONLY)
    -Tweaked lighting again
    -Added colored light sources
    -Changed color on trim in jump boot room to match original colors
    -Other minor tweaks

UPDATE 1-30-08
    BETA 3 Details:

-Tweaked a few hallways and other areas to flow better.
    -Added/changed meshes in many areas.
    -Added some Kismet goodies
    -Added more blocking volumes
    -Tweaked lighting all over the map.
    -Many other minor changes that I can't think of right now...

UPDATE 1-21-08
    BETA 2 Details:
    -Name change from DM-Tempest-Revival to DM-Tempest X
    -Sound has been completley reworked.
    -Most connecting hallways reworked to match scale/styling of original.
    -Area with the shock rifle next to the lift has been completely reworked to look more like original.
    -Outside city meshes tweaked to optimize performance. Using about half of the meshes as I was before.
    -Lighting has been tweaked and should be much lighter now. I took out all dynamic lights as I found they are unnecessary (May hopefully improve performance too). Adjusted skylight settings.
    -Most lift areas have been completely reworked. Lift entrance/exit areas are larger and feel much better. Lift timing has been tweaked, and lifts now lit properly and cast shadows.
    -Now cooked for PS3!!
    -Many other minor changes.

UPDATE 12-29-07
    I've posted the new screenshots which shows my current progress. I still have a ton of work to do in terms of adding detail meshes, but some of the rooms are starting to come together more and more every day. The lighting should look much brighter now that I've changed the time of day from night to sunset. I still think the map looks a little bland, so I plan on getting more colored lights added throughout the map as long as I can make it look good. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated.

UPDATE 12-21-07
    I've been working on this map since the game was released, and have finally made it to a point that I thought I would share some screen shots with everyone. Currently the map is fully playable with bot support. The bots run the entire map very well, minus a few minor areas that need to be fixed. I will release this for testing once I get a bit more details in all the rooms, fix the lighting (It's WAY too dark still), and get most of the blocking volumes set throughout the map.

Screenshots:
    (Updated 2-20-08)
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x/pic09.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x/pic08.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x/pic05.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x/pic06.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

More Screenshots:
    Screenshot_1
    Screenshot_2
    Screenshot_3
    Screenshot_4
    Screenshot_7

Credits: Myself and Epic for the original Tempest, and for making an amazing editor to play with!

Homepage: http://www.UnrealJunkie.com

Tempest X2 Thread opened HERE.

NOTE! The final has been released! Please go to final post to DL the maps HERE!

==============================================

Wow ... looks great ... will definitely be keeping my eyes on this thread ... this looks like it is going to be a very fun level to play and it is has great visuals to boot. Hope you added some good pickups (like the shield belt, chest plate, super health, berserk and/or invisibility) and that you spread the weapons and health out pretty well ... please don't be to stingy about ammo or health either if you can avoid it. I hope this is a level made more the casual player than for comp play as it looks so good and I would hate to see you skimp on the eye candy for the sake of framerates.

Comment

Yay for Tempeast! Looks good, if a little dingy.
      I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Comment

oh baby!!!!

Comment

looks very good but i think it's too dark

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
            looks very good but i think it's too dark
            Looks fine here, if you have a good monitor it's no problem.

Comment

Yay for Tempeast! Looks good, if a little dingy.
              I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Comment

Looks awesome! Go go go!

Comment

This is looking so nice ... I really hope that you are still working on this but we haven't heard anything about it in a few days .. any chance of some updated pics and info?

Comment

New Pics Coming soon...

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                    This is looking so nice ... I really hope that you are still working on this but we haven't heard anything about it in a few days .. any chance of some updated pics and info?

Thanks for all the comments guys. I do appriciate it. And dont worry.. I'm still working VERY hard on this map and plan on releasing some new pics tonight. I was going to do it earlier, but did not have time before I had to go to work.

I've been making some major changes to the lighting and outside areas of the city, so that has been taking alot of my time. To make the map brighter, and also keeping with my "Backwards Tempest" theme, I've decided to change the time of day from night to day so there is more light coming through the large windows. Visually, this has helped in multiple areas, as the city meshes I'm now using look more realistic, and it also creates better lighting effects on the inside. I'm really starting to like the direction I'm going now, and I think you will all agree when you see the updates pics...

Also, I still plan to release this in beta sometime soon. It will deffinatly be after the new year though as I want to make sure your first play experience in my map is a good one...

Comment

Man why are so many guys taking so dark screenshots.
                      I already put my gamma and brightness up a lot but still BLACK

Anyway, great remakes are always very welcome so GET IT DONE!

Comment

Thanks for the update morg ... I'll definitely be looking forward to this after the new year.

Comment

This map is screaming "Please release me!", so I hope you better and soon, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
                            Man why are so many guys taking so dark screenshots.
                            I already put my gamma and brightness up a lot but still BLACK

Anyway, great remakes are always very welcome so GET IT DONE!
                            hehe yeah... they should not be that dark. I found out that my in game settings had the brightness turned down low and it translated over into the screenshots. I'll get some new screens up later and you will see things MUCH better.

Comment

OK. New Screenshots are up. Let me know what you all think. I feel I have alot of work to do still, but I'm starting to like to look of some areas more and more everyday. I will try REALLY hard to release this as a playable beta shortly after the new year, but I'm not making any promises...

Comment

Working...
                              X