No announcement yet.

DM-SiegeReactor (update Jan 30) [Beta7] [PS3&PC DL Link] please rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job man ... now Herby can update the UT3mod.com database. What was the issue do you know what it could have been because this may help Remus with his latest map. It has the same issue your previous version 5 had where it would just load and load and load but never start up. So yeah if you can pinpoint the cause that would be great.

Somehow 5 minutes turned into 20 ... sorry about that ... heck you would have known before 1:45am ... next time I will try and stick to the time I give you but you know how it is once you start posting .. time flies.

Edit: I have to say I like this new beta and the new core effects much better. It looks much less noobish and more professional with the orb instead of those bolt things coming out all over the place. I definitely think you are headed in the right direction as you come into the home stretch. You shouldn't need many more betas I would think (maybe three more max) before this is ready to be a final.

Comment

Im not sure what the issue was, I just deleted out my mod folder and thumbdrive and recooked it. Nothing else, I dont know what i did to fix things. Sorry if that isnt any help

Comment

Well it sounds like a different issue because Remus' level has been cooked on two different systems and the behavior is still the same ... plus I did clear my flash drive and deleted the mod folder and still no luck. But anyway thanks and now back OT about your level.

Comment

Mmm, it's really getting there. :b I don't think I have any issues whatsoever with the way the map looks at all. It seems like you fixed the errors I mentioned previously. :b

The weapon layout is much better as well, and I like how you changed the player start and instead gave the hallway the invis, which IMO really works well in this sort of map.

Only complaint I got now, the ONLY ONE, is that when I started in the reactor room, it took me a bit too long IMO to get to a weapon. Most maps I've played there's generally a weapon spawn at least in view when I first start so I know that when I spawn, boom, that's where I'm heading. Even though I love enforcerse, I only like em when I'm using two, otherwise I wanna get my hands on something else, asap.

I like how you added the sniper rifle though, god I love that rifle in close quarters, it's really a fun gun to have.

Comment

Been downloading this mod for PS3 everytime you release a new beta, and i must say i'm very impressed with it so thought i'd sign up and show my apprecation (and comment).

Brilliantly designed map but for me the weapon placement is still not quite right. Personally I prefered the Shock Rifle in its position where it was in the Beta 4, jus where it was tucked in a little bit, rather than right out in the open in the middle of the long corridor. Also for me the Stinger is not that good a gun so sticking it up out of the way will just mean it doesnt get used, whereas if the Rocket Launcher was up there not only do you have a riskier route to get to it it'll also encourage more people to go down to that section of the map, which looks so good. The Sniper down there also seems abit odd to me, would of made more sense to put the Sniper where you've put the Rocket Launcher on Beta 5. Could then put the Stinger where the Sniper is, and the Rocket Launcher where the Stinger is. I'd still like to see the Flak Cannon in there aswell, as the map is big enough for one of each weapon (maybe bring back the Shield Belt too?).

So basically my suggestions are:
            Replace current Rocket Launcher position with the Sniper Rifle.
            Replace current Stinger position with the Rocket Launcher.
            Replace current Sniper Rifle position with the Stinger.
            Add the Flak Cannon somewhere.
            Put the Shield Belt back in.

An i'll say it again, great work so far.

Comment

Hello once again. New version is uploaded and ready for comments

Comment

Looks amazing, i like the reactor core thing, very creative.

Comment

thanks for the compliments, I hope everyone is enjoying. How is the new weapon/item layout?

Comment

Incredible map which gets better with every release. I'm getting framerate problems on the PS3 when close to the reactorm, which didn't happen (that much) in prior version. If this stays this way, it won't be played much online...

Comment

hmm I dont know why there would be a frame drop on the PS3 version. I did absolutely nothing with the reactor room between the last beta and this one. Are other PS3 users getting this frame drop also?

Comment

Okay, tried out the new release. I have only ONE issue with it, only ONE and it's simple too. ;b I love the weapon placement, I love the stasis shield, I like the flow now. Even though I don't like the RL and flak in there, at least they're not common weapons.

My ONLY issue is that with the small stairway going up to the flak cannon, you kinda have to jump and turn around that corner to the stairs, you can't walk to the stairs cuz you just fall off. That large pipe seems to have a blocking volume that extends farther than the actual model itself or something. Fix that and I think your map will be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by SolStryke View Post
                          hmm I dont know why there would be a frame drop on the PS3 version. I did absolutely nothing with the reactor room between the last beta and this one. Are other PS3 users getting this frame drop also?
                          It was also in the beta prior to this one (and, to a lesser extend, in the one before that). I believe the 1st PS3 beta ran very smooth in the reactor room. But the reactor was inactive than (without the purple energy ribbons and force field around it, like now). Since you dressed up the reactor, it's performance (when getting close to it) degraded on PS3. It happens without bots and the framerate drops considerably.

I don't know anything technically about UE3. I'm just trying to help. The map is big so a high playcount is very reasonable in this map. When frame drops considerably in the heat of action with players / bots running around the reactor this will affect the fun factor. ;-)

Comment

hey hey everyone. New update, you all know the drill, let me know whats up

Comment

Looks verrryy good

Comment

Originally posted by SolStryke View Post
                                hey hey everyone. New update, you all know the drill, let me know whats up
                                Frame rate is much smoother now around the core but it still drops - you can notice this very easy. I tested this without bots / players in the map. Just so you should know.

Comment

Working...
                                X