No announcement yet.

DM-SiegeReactor (update Jan 30) [Beta7] [PS3&PC DL Link] please rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works great on the PS3. The new electricity looks awesome and adds to the atmosphere. Thanks again.

Comment

The new version is great on PS3. On the last version I liked jumping into the reactor and using it as a place for cover that puts me in a good spot for kills. I got a nice surprise when I jumped in there this time LOL. Oh, well. It looks alot better now. The basement seems complete now. I would like mabey another weapon or 2 thrown in there somewhere. Other than that it seems pretty much perfect.

Comment

Okay, just tried this newer version and it's a lot better. Weapon placement may need a bit more tweaking. I found myself lacking ammo every now and then and when I really looked at the level, I noticed there were no ammo packs! Should toss a few of those around in some bare spots/corners and whatnot.

I also feel that the very long corridor that you have a player start in *the one that's near the shock rifle* could use a weapon spawn there, perhaps centered between the two doorways on the left side. The second floor of this same corridor *near the reactor* could maybe use a weapon or some packs, maybe on the bridge that connects the left and right sides together, and the reactor room itself could use some ammo lovin as well.

Also I was looking at the catwalk, which was awesome to be able to shoot through, seemed odd that the biorifle and the rocket launcher can shoot through it, I dunno if this is configurable, if not, oh well.

Speaking of which, the underside of that catwalk would be a great place to put a weapon spawn or some ammo packs, then people would have a reason to run under and get shot!

I also noticed that in that same area, the stairway going up the left side of the room, if you walk up the 'gap' in the stairs on the left side, you can get stuck and slide down the stairs oddly instead of going up, not sure what's wrong there but the stairs on the opposite side doesn't have that problem.

Only other thing I can comment about is that the bots acted wierd in two spots. I think it may be just the default pathing by the AI, but it was still funny. When I first loaded up the map, three bots went for the bio rifle and kinda got sandwiched in there and were running at each other until one of em got killed and the other two could get around. lol And the elevator going from the shield belt to the top area one bot just sat there and rode the vator up and down several times before finally deciding to get off. But I noticed the bots spread out a lot more than before and liked using the lower areas as well.

Overall, I think this map is getting near completion. I LOVE THE ELECTRICAL EFFECTS! the purple is just totally badass.

Comment

New update everyone, depending on the feedback the next release will be final

Comment

Hi SolStryke. I have downloaded every version of this map you have released (PS3) and it keeps getting better and better! I will try the new version tonight. Love what you did with the reactor on the previous update btw.

Comment

Well I also tried the new version for the PS3 (yes PS3 folks if a map has already been cooked I also grab it so that I can do what I do best and that is give helpful feednack when necessary) and it didn't load twice ... it just hung up my PS3 and I had to restart. I will try it once more and then I am going back to make sure I am not having this issue with Beta 4.

Edit: confirmed that Beta 5 will not work on the PS3 ... Beta 4 loads fine with no issues. three lockups trying to load beta 5 does not inspire confidence in that build. And yet the PC version loads up with no issues. I still think you should focus on the PC version first and then turn your attentions to the PS3 version instead of splitting your energies by attempting both at the same time, but of course you have to do what you think works best. I truly believe since this has been historically a PC product and a PC community the PC users should be treated with a bit more respect and should get content first and then the PC modder can then focus all their attention on the PS3 version. It should be noted that I play on both platforms so of course I would eventually like most good PC levels to be cooked ... but only after the PC version has been completely smoothed out. That said do as you see fit ... just realize that right now your beta5 has issues.

Comment

hmm not sure why its a no go on the PS3. Wish I had the PS3 version so i could find out the issues before those of you who download it. I have in no way disrespect for the PC scene, like i said i dont even own the PS3 version (of course i have a PS3, its just that the military base Im stationed at gets the last picks on electronics and games. Hell they just got in Guitar Hero for the PS3 today for the first time) Anywhoo, Im not splitting my energies between the two versions, I just cook em at the same time. PC dev first and then some PS3 cooking to knock out two birds with one stone. That being said Ill still try to find the issue with the PS3 (might have been a cooking error on my part because I think I was asleep when I did the beta5 publish

Comment

Originally posted by SolStryke View Post
                  hmm not sure why its a no go on the PS3. Wish I had the PS3 version so i could find out the issues before those of you who download it. I have in no way disrespect for the PC scene, like i said i dont even own the PS3 version (of course i have a PS3, its just that the military base Im stationed at gets the last picks on electronics and games. Hell they just got in Guitar Hero for the PS3 today for the first time) Anywhoo, Im not splitting my energies between the two versions, I just cook em at the same time. PC dev first and then some PS3 cooking to knock out two birds with one stone. That being said Ill still try to find the issue with the PS3 (might have been a cooking error on my part because I think I was asleep when I did the beta5 publish
                  Sorry man I did not mean to imply you don't have respect for the PC community ... I know you must or else you wouldn't be giving links to your work and making maps. And I see what you mean by cooking them at the same time. Well in any event hopefully for your own sake and the sake of the PS3 gamers who don't have the PC version I hope you find the error.

Comment

hmm not sure why its a no go on the PS3. Wish I had the PS3 version so i could find out the issues before those of you who download it. That being said Ill still try to find the issue with the PS3 (might have been a cooking error on my part because I think I was asleep when I did the beta5 publish
                    I tried Beta5 on the PS3 and it just keeps on loading and loading, without freezing up.
                    I will test the new version as soon as you have it available for download.
                    Thank You

Comment

hey all. I just did another PS3 cook, hopefully it works this time. Let me know if it does or not

Comment

Will try it out soon. Thanks SolStryke.

Comment

hey all. I just did another PS3 cook, hopefully it works this time. Let me know if it does or not
                          I'll check this out now and get back to you within 5 minutes.

Comment

I just tried it, works perfectly. I am still trying to decide whether I liked the crazy, sprawling reactor effects in beta 4 vs what you did in the latest version lol. Thanks again for the great map.

Comment

sweet it works Note to all, dont edit when your 5% concious :P the reduction in reactor effects was due to frame droppage in the PS3 version

Comment

OK cool. It`s still one of the top user-made maps imo. I look forward to your next map.

Comment

Working...
                                X