No announcement yet.

DM-SiegeReactor (update Jan 30) [Beta7] [PS3&PC DL Link] please rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone with words of encouragement, thank you. I was kind of getting tired of working on it. I was gonna try to hurry up and wrap it up so I could move onto my 2nd map (yes this is my first map in UT3, actually my first map since the original Quake) But now I feel recharged to push this map even further.

Some of the things you brought up Khandor were actually on my list of things to do. Im gonna add some electricty running over the cables on the lower level so you know you will die if you touch them. And of course Im gonna add sound in there and some spark particles as well. This one is gonna keep moving forward till I think it cant get much better

ohh yeah Im glad ya managed to find the rocket launcher, its not really hidden but there is a chance you'll run right by it your first time through

peace out

Comment

First of all, I'd like to thank you for cooking on the PS3. The look of the map looks very professional, however, I'm disappointed about the scarcity of weapons and somewhat random and overuse of the health vials in the map.

Comment

can u make a zip in ps3 plzzzzzzzz i cant dl rar

Comment

ok i just uploaded the .zip file. Enjoy

Comment

This map is fun. It runs great in my PS3. I agree with adding a couple extra weapons. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SolStryke View Post
              To everyone with words of encouragement, thank you. I was kind of getting tired of working on it. I was gonna try to hurry up and wrap it up so I could move onto my 2nd map (yes this is my first map in UT3, actually my first map since the original Quake) But now I feel recharged to push this map even further.

Some of the things you brought up Khandor were actually on my list of things to do. Im gonna add some electricty running over the cables on the lower level so you know you will die if you touch them. And of course Im gonna add sound in there and some spark particles as well. This one is gonna keep moving forward till I think it cant get much better

ohh yeah Im glad ya managed to find the rocket launcher, its not really hidden but there is a chance you'll run right by it your first time through

peace out
              Right, and I thought about that, but I figured since it's not easilly accessed it's not a problem. It's just when you have 10 people running around with rockets flying in corridors meant for maybe 2 people side by side it would be hectic. I know that I'd blow myself trying to dodge and shoot at the same time. ;b

Electricity would be awesome too. I figured you'd add sounds anyways, most people leave that for last.

Comment

thanks for this map ^__^

Comment

This is a really great looking map. It's one of the more professional user mods I've seen. You did a great job on it! I haven't played online yet but I assume the layout works well.

Comment

filefront just refuses to work with me. can you upload it somewhere else, thanks a lot!

Comment

This is just a little report on bugs I found on this map. There aren't many btw, and I am running on PS3. The smaller round pipes, the ones on the floor that are a little higher than waist, mabey chest high, I get this weird studder motion in my guy whenever I am pushed up against them in anyway. Whether its my front, back, or side, it studders like he/she is trying to jump up on it. All over the map too. Any of the smaller sized piping on the sides of the floors.

Also I tried playing this map with 16 players (15 bots=+me) all the bots show up on the scoreboard, but there are really only a few bots on the map for each team. Either the map doesn't allow many bots, or alot of bots just found a hiding spot somewhere LOL. Also There is a lift, the highest one that brings you right up to a health pack in front of you on the walkway (sorry for the vague description) The pipes above that health pack have no collision. Which is just info not a complaint, cuz it would be annoying if you couldn't jump there. Mabey take that pipe out? Those are the only things I found wrong with the map (on the PS3 version)

Comment

Please FINISH THIS AWESOME MAP

Comment

Very nice map, thanks for cooking it for PS3. As others have said, if you add some ambient sounds, especially around the reactor, that'd be very cool.

Minor issue: I can walk through a texture. They are (guessing name) the downlights that are around the reactor, on both floors. Hopefully the picture will explain:

Don't know how big of a deal that is, just wanted to mention it. Very nice work.

Comment

ahh **** i didnt even realize that. thanks for the heads up about it

Comment

Hey all, here is the new update. I took in all you had to say and adjusted accordingly. I know I still have some things to do but hopefully its getting closer to final release. I have some really good ideas for my next project

Comment

Thanks for the update, Sol. Going to test now on the PS3. The new electricity effects on the wires look awesome in the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X