No announcement yet.

DM-SiegeReactor (update Jan 30) [Beta7] [PS3&PC DL Link] please rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to test the PS3 version in a bit too.

Comment

ok just re-upped the zip, i think it should work this time, at least i hope it does

Comment

hmmm... it lets me choose the map but not start the game (begin mission)<--after that it just goes back to the settings (PS3)

Comment

Ok Sol it is not working. The only file the PS3 users need is the USERDATA file inside all the folders of course but only the USERDATA file in the BLUS folder. I think it didn't cook correctly because the USERDATA file is only 33kb.

Comment

@SolStryke ,there are 3 other files in the same directory as the userdata file.I think ShadeMistress had a similiar prob , try asking her 4 help

Comment

ok thanks for the tip, ill cook i again, if it doesnt work i guess ill have track down a copy of the ps3 so i can experiment on my own. This is frustrating me as much as it is those of you who want to give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by SolStryke View Post
                ok thanks for the tip, ill cook i again, if it doesnt work i guess ill have track down a copy of the ps3 so i can experiment on my own. This is frustrating me as much as it is those of you who want to give it a try
                I am guessing more for you. Even though I want to play this amazing looking map, as an IT guy there is nothing like problems to make you FREAKIN' nuts.

I go home and just stew on work stuff....thinking about what I could do to make something work. Ofcourse I am a **** nut too.

Comment

Sol we are willing to test take your time don't worry. Thanks

Comment

ok I think I got it now. File size on the PS3 version is around the same as its PC brother, but I think its a go Just need some of you PS3 owner to give it a shot and let me know

Comment

It works on the ps3, and awesome map by the way.

Also, I will soon post a video of your map on youtube to help get the word out.

Comment

Just tried it out on the PS3 and it works fine, thanks mate Didn't find any glitches or anything, seems like a great map

Comment

Another PS3 confirmation thanks for the map

Comment

whoohoo it works. I guess my problem was I was typing in the entire directory to the map file when cooking it. All you have to do is type the map name only in the map text field. Also the map name was one character too long it was 31 characters, the max you can have is 30 so I had to shorten it. Im glad the initial impression is a good one

Also to Italian could I get a link to that youtube video when you get it posted?

And from all who have gave it a run through, anything i can do to improve it? I guess some more detailing and some gameplay tweeks (if needed) and i can send it on to final. Its about time to, i think Ive logged a month on making the **** thing, hehehehehe

Comment

This map is truly amazing. Everybody must be speechless. It works awesome on the PS3. And only beta3.

Thank you for cooking this.

Comment

Okay tried out your map, 5 bots, 20 minute time limit *though I played for maybe 5 minutes* and bots on average and I love it. It's VERY closed in and tight quarters which made for some interesting gunplay.

I noticed there wasn't a rocket launcher or flak cannon anywhere? Which I think is a good thing, because you won't be shooting yourself in the foot. Bio Rifle is also an option because it's a rarely used weapon in most cases, and in a place like this, it'd be great to have it and be able to place a glob around a corner or something to set up a trap.

One thing I would suggest is *if it's possible* place an enforcer in the weapons locker, or in fact what you should do is spread out the weapons a bit more because that locker was the only real hotspot in the whole map, and while I was exploring all the little areas, most of the time the bots just congregated right there around the weapons locker and near the siege reactor itself and were never seen in the lower areas or the corridors. Also with this too you don't see many weapon lockers in dm maps, especially small ones, because it means people can usually just restock at em when they run low on ammo. With weapons spread out it forces players to actively search for a weapon and then they experience more of the map instead of just camping a spot.

Also if you do spread em out more, since the stinger minigun is gonna be the strongest weapon in the map, it'd be good to place it in a more hard to access area, perhaps down in the lower areas of the map.

I like the steel mesh catwalk, it'd be neat if you could shoot through it though with the bullet weapons.

Down in the lower area, there's a jump pad that flings you across a series of pipes, and then up a metal grating and then up to a ledge, and when I first saw that area I just jumped on the pipes thinking I'd be fine, but instead I died, so maybe a way to let people know that that particular area is a killzone would be nice. Maybe make the area glow red or something to show it's extremly hot or something I dunno.

Also the metal grating afterwards where you have to use the jump pad is a bit odd, because at first glance it really looks like you can run up it when in fact you can't. So I dunno if something could be done there or not.

Finally, only other thing, is that this needs ambiance and music. You got that reactor goin off and it's totally quiet, no humming sounds or nothing. You have a lot of pipework and machinery, it'd be nice to have some sounds with it.

Overall I really really like this map, don't see many close quarters combat maps around that are this tight.

**EDIT** I found the rocket launcher. :b I didn't expect it up there at all. ;b

Comment

Working...
                                X