Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-IndustrialWar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-IndustrialWar

Salutation:
    hi,
    Intro:
    i made a new CTF map, using meshes and texture which are given by ut3.
    its first time i made a map for ut ever, so be kind!
    at first i tried to make a good instagib map, but i put some weapons for classic there too.

Actually to say is:
    • there is no bot support, i have still some probs by placing the pathnode the right way
    • weapons maybe bad placed, i play most time iCTF, so dunno where and which weapon or pickups would be best
    • for the translocators nearly all pathes for leaving the map is closed, hopefully
    • known lightbug on lift, only on lowdetail graphics (dunno why this happens)
    • no zones named to located m8s etc.

Screenshots:
    View at base
    Centerhall
    Red base
    Right way out of base,view @ centerhall
    Overview

Download link:
    http://mynoize.de/maps/CTF-IndustrialWar_beta.rar

Final word:
    feedback would be nice

Good work. I'm not that good a gamer so I can't give you much advice about the layout. Seems pretty good to me though. Lighting is a bit shaky, makes the map feel sort of FLAT (not much interesting going on in terms of lighting). You might wanna work on that. And I'm not sure but I think your sky doesn't match the lighting as well. Also, it might be khool to have some post process effects going on in there. I'm downloading the map but won't try it out for another 18 hours at least (have a final, so studying right now ).
    Meanwhile other people will probably give you better advice .

P.S. Work hard on the lighting .

Comment

Yes and maybe you should add a fog effect?

Comment

Yeah, plays well, but as jansoft said, you got to work on some lighting, maybe make it dawn it'd look nice and you'd get lots of shadows and light

Comment

Originally posted by noize View Post
          [*]for the translocators nearly all pathes for leaving the map is closed, hopefully
          I'm not sure if it would work or not but I'd seal the map with blocking volumes on all sides. A blocking volume, a variation of a blocking volume, or a big BSP with a transparent material for that matter should work but I'm not sure.

Comment

thats a pretty sick (in a good way ) first map.

keep it up: i'll be glad to see more from you

Comment

nicework, look foward to the final release

Comment

Looks really promising.

Comment

thx dudes.

idd i really have some probs atm in setting up a good light enviroment. i do my best to work on it. it's more a "put lights and see what happens". and i actually dont know how to use the lights in a right way. so be patient and stay tuned

@jansoft88: i added blocking volumes all around the buildings but

Comment

Originally posted by noize View Post
                    thx dudes.

idd i really have some probs atm in setting up a good light enviroment. i do my best to work on it. it's more a "put lights and see what happens". and i actually dont know how to use the lights in a right way. so be patient and stay tuned

@jansoft88: i added blocking volumes all around the buildings but
                    BUT??? your sentence was incomplete . Anyhow, if in the end the lighting starts to make you wanna kill yourself , then I can help you set it up (not that I'm good at it or anything , just offering help).

Comment

hehe no, sentence should end there no idea what i would write there!

anyway i gonna freeze the map project until next year, i'm going on holiday tomorrow.
                      maybe i can find some more informations/tutz about the right light envi in this time

so merry xmas and a appy new year

Comment

Read the lighting tutorial on hourences.com. Will give you a good idea of what to go for. And enjoy your holidays . See you back here in a couple of weeks .

Comment

i like this map tbh - gj noize (iQ noize btw? )

Comment

yeah denk, le noize

too bad my notebook crashed so i cant do anything untill next year

Comment

Good job noize !
                              I like the map !

Comment

Working...
                              X