Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-TwinsAKAFace (CTF-FACE rebuild) ALMOST DONE-v095, SURPRISE ADDED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF-TwinsAKAFace (CTF-FACE rebuild) ALMOST DONE-v095, SURPRISE ADDED

as stated here
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=592527
    i'm doing an exact rebuild of the old CTF-Face map from Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino.

it's my first map ever for UT so don't expect anything from it. it's an exact copy of ctf-face. that's what i wanted to do. a new version with ut3 features and other cool stuff will follow.

i just finished my first playable version. it's far from finished but you can play it and have a little old school ctf-face feeling!

some "on-top-of-the-tower" bot action

UPDATE v0.95:
    redone the whole pathing. bots are able to go on top of the towers and kill you with the sniper rifle! (had to rebuild some bsp in the basments)
    added colored flames.
    fixed the "see-the-other-base-entrance-from-my-entrance" bug

still to come: sounds, maybe space rotation.

download NEW VERSION 0.95 here: http://rapidshare.com/files/80690660...-v095.zip.html

SURPRISE
    download SPECIAL VERSION 0.95RS here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/81034041...095RS.zip.html

i can't show you on pictures what i added... but it's gonna eat some CPU-Time --> the whole space is rotating and the SUN CASTS DYNAMIC SHADOWS!! RS = Rotating and Sun
    it runs perfectly on my pc... well dunno about others. please test it and say if you like it.

EDIT: new version, Surprise added

Screen shots please?

Hmm, Looks pretty good. The bases look nice, but the expanse in between them is really, really bland. While I understand it's a remake of the original, I think if you spice it up it'll draw more people in.

EDIT: Is TwinsAKAFace going to be its final name..?

Comment

Eh, it was a good attempt, but terrain is your friend. I am unsure how they did the walls of the floating island in the original, i'd recommend static cliffs from "UN" packages. Then do a Terrain on top. Add some more details to the two towers, added static walls perhaps to add a bit of flare. Then I would say to add Starry Backgrounds and so on, floating asteroids, maybe a whirlpool of stars thinger. Don't get me wrong, not bad, but it's a tad too simple for my taste.

Comment

It's a good start......

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
          Eh, it was a good attempt, but terrain is your friend. I am unsure how they did the walls of the floating island in the original, i'd recommend static cliffs from "UN" packages. Then do a Terrain on top. Add some more details to the two towers, added static walls perhaps to add a bit of flare. Then I would say to add Starry Backgrounds and so on, floating asteroids, maybe a whirlpool of stars thinger. Don't get me wrong, not bad, but it's a tad too simple for my taste.
          Everyone of your suggestions would bring this map to a new level.

You need to fix your bot paths, so they use the portals. The only time I saw a bot use a portal was he was chasing me through a portal when I had the flag.

Comment

it looks too ut99ish to me

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
              it looks too ut99ish to me
              thanks for the compliment! that's exactly what i wanted it to be!

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
              you're absolutely right! i'll do all that stuff in my next map. the "new" face map. this is just the real old ctf-face map, and that's what it should be. blocky, ugly, dirty and nothing special at all.

the name isn't final yet. but i think CTF-Twins will be reserved for the new one i'll going to create (with terrain, a lot of static meshes, maybe weather effects, etc.). this one is only a quick and dirty ripoff to have fun with. i have some great memories connected with ctf-face.

i know about the teleporter/path issue... atm i don't know how to fix that. never saw a bot on top of any tower...

Comment

Ah, I see now. The one I was thinking of was 2004 I think. Honestly, I love Space-Maps, any map that takes place in space is good on my watch. xD

Comment

i think trying to add all those things to it screws it up
                  keep it just like 99=)

Comment

Originally posted by SLGDon View Post
                    i think trying to add all those things to it screws it up
                    keep it just like 99=)
                    I can't wait to see an updated version, but I am glad teh original was also made.

Comment

First, I'd like to thank you for the map. We're an old UT99 lowgrav clan making a comeback in reg grav and low... the map has some issues though:

On the ramp in some places you can't dodge off the edge as if there's an invisable wall.

When you fall off the map in low grav you don't die, you have to "tab" in "suicide" or have a bind.

We are looking forward to the finished map.

Thanks again

}MLB{clan

Comment

well i dont know if i should say good work since this one probably didn't take a whole lot of work haha, but if you do a remake that looks good then all the CTF low grav instagib fans will absolutely love you (I being one of those people )

Comment

thanks guys. the final version will be the same as the old one (hopefully).
                          but i need some time to look into the animation of things (rotating meteorite, etc.)
                          Originally posted by Odd1in View Post
                          On the ramp in some places you can't dodge off the edge as if there's an invisable wall.

When you fall off the map in low grav you don't die, you have to "tab" in "suicide" or have a bind.
                          i know the invisible wall bug... i'll try to fix that. i didn't define a killzone that's why the suicide bug appears. the whole map is in one big bsp atm. i can fix that easily.

btw i spend almost 30 hours until now... but i'm a complete noob (first time ever) in the Unreal Editor, so that's why it took so long.

Comment

Originally posted by centerer View Post
                            thanks guys. the final version will be the same as the old one (hopefully).
                            but i need some time to look into the animation of things (rotating meteorite, etc.)

i know the invisible wall bug... i'll try to fix that. i didn't define a killzone that's why the suicide bug appears. the whole map is in one big bsp atm. i can fix that easily.

btw i spend almost 30 hours until now... but i'm a complete noob (first time ever) in the Unreal Editor, so that's why it took so long.
                            Take your time dude , it ' s a goodstart

Comment

Going by the screenshot alone I think this is the best remake of a classic level that I have seen so far. It looks almost identical to UT99 which is good thing imo.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                              X