• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutant [Alpha]

Name: Mutant
    Version: 0.1 [Alpha]
    Compatibility: UT3 1.x, not sure if it works online
    Description: I'm bringing the Mutant gametype to UT3, it's the same principle but instead of the Mutant being harder to find, I'm gonna make him easier to find
    And for those who don't remember, Mutant is a gametype where the person who draws 'first blood' is the 'Mutant', the Mutant has a powerup [invisibility and infinite ammo for all weapons in UT2K4] and while being the Mutant must kill as many people as possible, however if someone kills the Mutant they become the Mutant [If someone else can word it better, please do :P]
    Screenshot: No visual differences to the game
    Credits: Kuroi_Chi - Taking it upon myself to bring my beloved gametype back
    Ambershee - Helping me out with UnrealScript
    Who_Cares - Some nice tutorials [for UT2K4, but still helped ]
    Download: None yet

Awesome, I loved that game mode when UT2k4 first came out. Unfortunately after a year or so I couldn't find anyone playing it, but hopefully people will play it again. :P

How are you going to make it easier to find the mutant? Hud radar like invasion? Or just a directional indicator?

Comment

I think he is going to make the mutant glow or something like that.

Comment

If you remember, UT2K4 had a circle on the screen that pointed in the direction the Mutant was, and yes, ExTerminat0r is correct, I intend to make the mutant glow instead of have invisibility

Comment

Sounds a bit like the Overdose gametype for UC2.

Comment

Add an explanation of this gametype for people who don't know (or cant remember like me lol) what Mutant is.

Comment

Done Although it's probably not the best description...

Comment

Do you people have no support for Mutant? :P
                Anyway a quick update for everybody:
                I've had to start a recode because the way I was originally coding it was horribly confining, also I'm still wondering whether I should do the Bottom Feeder in this version or have it sort of like a Free for All [like deathmatch] but the Mutant is more obvious to find, eg. glowing brightly Or whether I should go classic which is like: Bottom Feeder can kill anyone [and is the player with the lowest score, highest deaths], Mutant is invisible but players have a HUD that shows where the Mutant is and players can't kill each other, I'll probably make my own version then do a 'Classic' if that makes anyone happy? :P

Comment

I'm loving it, can't see any problems with it though, sorry Kuroi.

Comment

How about implementing Bottom Feeder as a mutator for Mutant (gee!), just like Survivor is a mutator only for the Duel gametype? If you keep the free-for-all style even if there's a mutant already, you should consider implementing the entire thing based on mutator/gamerules instead of gameinfo, because the concept no longer needs gametype features.

Comment

That is a good idea, Wormbo, I shall look into doing that...

Comment

When can we download and try your Mutant gametype? Should be fun..

Comment

I have actually managed to break the UTPawn so he doesn't have an inventory, so sometime after I fix that? I'm sure we'd ALL have a lot of fun playing a game with no guns where enemies just stand at gun pickups empty handed

Comment

Ohhh, i'd love that!

Comment

So, I'll put the broken gametype up for download then? :P

Comment

Working...
                              X