• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoveXmp - [Sprint] [Doublejump now = jetboots] fastpaced movement, very fun

Latest Release: MoveXmp 1.0.4b

to play the latest build, join our server

PLAYERS NOW SPAWN WITH THESE FEATURES:

1.) Jump Jets. These are not simply UT's Jump Boots, the Jump Boots just give you a big second jump. These give thrust! They have a self-replenishing fuel tank. (if you drain them too fast you gotta wait for regen)
    2.) Sprinting. Stamina depletes as you sprint.
    3.) dodging rewritten.

Try a sprint + dodge + doublejump. You should also know sprint only affects you while on the ground.

I pulled most of this math from U2XMP. Mutator will work with any gametype, but I advise you do use it on Warfare / CTF maps.

update: version 1.0.1 now allows jumpjetting after jumping out of a vehicle.

Comment

Cool idea. I played Unreal 2 this weekend (got it with UT3 in Anthology) and was inspired to check out UT2004XMP, which I thought was very cool. Glad to see someone else thinks these might be good features to bring to UT3 as well.

Comment

woohoo! anyone willing to donate a server to put this on? I love it!!!!

Comment

this looks cool, I'm trying it out

Comment

nice, thnx a lot.

Comment

hope you guys are enjoying it! and we got a server: 208.100.14.178:7777

wail, they put u2 in a new bundle? that's awesome!

Comment

keep it up, love it andll love it even more when it pops up on servers!

Comment

Nice idea. I've always loved XMP's movement, so I'll be checking this out.

Comment

updated with newest version and server banner and a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Comment

sweetness!!!!

Comment

This Mut is so fun! Takes a map or two to get the hang of it... and i'm trying to figure a decent setup to for binding that "Walking" command. Been Shifting it around various mouse buttons, but my brain stalls on the finger control department and I end up alt-firing a flak bomb into the wall I'm trying to leap over. GG me!

I actually think this is a better addition to instagib gametype, tho I see you have the weps on your server now. Just that Wep players are accustomed to their translocators... seen several grumblers last couple nights not liking the tradeoff...

But After coming from a night of barebones instagib -- w00T! The jumpjets have this huge ZOMG FUNSAUCE kinda freedom that is pure plus!!!!

Any word on the HUD guage? it's kinda ragged to never be sure if you'll get the boost or the BLORP!, especially escaping with the flag.
                        Also, can the booster be set to activate at the third jump press? I've found that there are many places where I just need a regular double jump/walldodge, and immediately after want a full power boost... instead i just rocket into a ceiling beam, sometimes releasing rockets at same... O_o

Eitherway, got ya on faves and will be a frequenter of your server!
                        Good JORB on them JEts!

Comment

Some people have really been enjoying this, makes me glad!

Engine, you've latched onto the point of this mod. freeeedom. Descents are too slow in Lowgrav, I dislike translocators, and think hoverboards are only half a solution. It's nice to have an alternative you can use in fights

for lower doublejumps, you could try using them during your descent. there's a thrust, so it'll have to battle your falling speed before thrusting you upward.

Comment

I love your mod, but it doesn't seem to work with action cam for some reason its switches to a normal 3rd person view like that mk3rdpersonview thingy. Any ideas?

And i would like an option to disable sprint if possible. Just doesn't work for me...(personal preferance)

PS SpeedFreak + InstaGib + This = very fun

Comment

Yeah this is very well done hey, gave it a decent go the other night for the first time

Comment

Working...
                              X