Elimination III (LMS variant) Alpha1 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
    I doubt TAM is was the most popular, think of Jailbreak and Ballistic Weapons and ChaosUT.

Oh well, i'd rather have LMS & LTM than TAM, TAM and AM is too commercial + those brightskins are annoying as hell.
    Actually, TAM has been played more than any gametype of UT2k4, according to stats

Comment

Originally posted by agentq_71 View Post
      Elimination can be run in true LMS mode if that's what you're looking for. Ever since the original UT, the only differences between Elimination and LMS have been:

1) You have the option to start with a default loadout and have all weapons/pickups on the map instead of starting with full weapons/ammo.
      2) You get a HUD/scoreboard appropriate to the gametype instead of the default DM versions.
      3) Audio cues and text messages when players are eliminated

Basically, all Elimination has ever been is a polished LMS. Since there is some confusion about this, maybe it would be a good idea to just rename it to Last Man Standing.

I will also be bringing Team Elimination to UT3 after I finish Elimination.

If people have more options they'd like to see, I'd be happy to add them once Epic fixes things so custom gametypes can have their own settings screens.
      Putting it that way, wow, really does seem like it is just LMS.

So, question does Elimination have Team support?

Also, when Catylast comes out with TDM4 and CTF4, will you be able to have a Elimination that supports 3/4 teams?
      http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=588180&page=3

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
        Putting it that way, wow, really does seem like it is just LMS.

So, question does Elimination have Team support?

Also, when Catylast comes out with TDM4 and CTF4, will you be able to have a Elimination that supports 3/4 teams?
        http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=588180&page=3
        Team games are actually entirely separate gametypes so it won't be an option, per se. I will be making a Team Elimination gametype to go with the Elimination gametype in the Elimination package.

I can't say for sure if I can do 3/4 team support since it will depend on how TDM4 is written, but I don't see any reason why I couldn't inherit from TDM4 and make a version of Elimination that supported up to 4 teams.

Comment

Okay, glad to hear it, when Catyalst finishes TDM4, i'll notify you and you could pm him asking if you could use it... he'll say yes (he's nice, letting anyone use it once its public).

Comment

I have released an Alpha3 version which fixes the spectator mode in Elimination and adds a new gametype: Team Elimination.

The core gameplay in Team Elimination works and has a basic HUD appropriate for the gametype. I have improvements planned for the HUD and will eventually create a custom scoreboard for both Eliminaton and Team Elimination.

You can get it here.

Comment

Working...
            X