Elimination III (LMS variant) Alpha1 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elimination III (LMS variant) Alpha1 Release

Elimination is a gametype where there is one simple goal: Be the last one left alive.

I don't like to release my mods in an unfinished state but since there seem to be a lot of people anxious to play Last Man Standing, I'm releasing this alpha where the core gameplay functionality works but the UI still needs to be customized to fit the gametype.

What it has:

- Gameplay where everyone has a set number of lives and the last one alive wins, regardless of kill counts.
    - Warning messages when you have 5 lives and 1 life left.
    - Global announcements when players are eliminated.

What it doesn't have:

- No custom settings screen. There is currently a bug in UT3 where custom gametypes cannot have their own settings screen. As a result, Elimination uses the stock DM settings screen. Most of the options work the same as in DM with the following exceptions:

Goal Score: Set this to the number of lives you want each player to have.

Force Respawn: Enable this to play classic LMS where players spawn with all weapons & full ammo but there are no pickups on the map (Player respawns are always forced on in Elimination). If this option is disabled, players start with default loadouts and all pickups appear on the map.

- No custom HUD or scoreboard. I will be working on these next and will release another version when they are done.

Get it here.

Oh, I also noticed that observer mode isn't working. But then again, I'm not even sure if observer mode works in standard DM :P.

Could you rename it 'Last Man Standing'?

Comment

Though I'm not officially getting into UT3 stuff for a little while, the code looks compact and eloquent. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by UT2004Addict View Post
        Though I'm not officially getting into UT3 stuff for a little while, the code looks compact and eloquent. Nice job.
        Where did you find this code?

Comment

No. I've been making this gametype for every version of UT. While it's always been similar to LMS, it's never been the same thing.

Thanks! Fortunately, most of the core functionality was available in the base game class so I just had to figure out how to hook into it.

Where did you find this code?
          You can actually use the Unreal Editor to decompile any .u files into their .uc source. To do this, open the package in the Unreal Editor then export all scripts. There may be a way to export individual .u files, but I haven't been able to find it.

Comment

Good work man This is a mutator i've been waiting for

Comment

It's called batchexport commandlet, just as make is a commandlet. Type "ut3.com help batchexport" at a command prompt in your UT3\Binaries directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
                It's called batchexport commandlet, just as make is a commandlet. Type "ut3.com help batchexport" at a command prompt in your UT3\Binaries directory.
                Thanks! I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi View Post
                  Don't worry, LMS is quite popular, someone is bound to make a true blue blooded LMS (would love LTS), just give it time, the game has only been out for a month now.

Comment

LMS and LTS are already in the make under the name AM and TAM. TAM, being the most popular mod in ut2k4, will be remade for UT3 in a competition. Teams can sign up to make TAM and the best TAM will be the new TAM, so to say.

Comment

I doubt TAM is was the most popular, think of Jailbreak and Ballistic Weapons and ChaosUT.

Oh well, i'd rather have LMS & LTM than TAM, TAM and AM is too commercial + those brightskins are annoying as hell.

Comment

Thank you very much for this alpha mod. Last Man Standing has always been my favourite gametype, will keep playing it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                          Don't worry, LMS is quite popular, someone is bound to make a true blue blooded LMS (would love LTS), just give it time, the game has only been out for a month now.
                          Elimination can be run in true LMS mode if that's what you're looking for. Ever since the original UT, the only differences between Elimination and LMS have been:

1) You have the option to start with a default loadout and have all weapons/pickups on the map instead of starting with full weapons/ammo.
                          2) You get a HUD/scoreboard appropriate to the gametype instead of the default DM versions.
                          3) Audio cues and text messages when players are eliminated

Basically, all Elimination has ever been is a polished LMS. Since there is some confusion about this, maybe it would be a good idea to just rename it to Last Man Standing.

I will also be bringing Team Elimination to UT3 after I finish Elimination.

If people have more options they'd like to see, I'd be happy to add them once Epic fixes things so custom gametypes can have their own settings screens.

Comment

Just had a chance to download & play the alpha, Good Work!. Thank you for this. My favorite game type is back. Again, i'll be looking out for your beta and final version.

Comment

great job sir. thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X