X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Rigger [Beta v1] [Pics+Download]

Name: DM-Rigger

Version & Game: v1 for Unreal Tournament III

Description: A lost Necris training ground located in a remote area of open water. Watch your step.

Download:
    Megaupload
    Rapidshare

Screenshots: (Note: It's not that blurry in-game. The pictures got a little less sharp due to resizing and the like. Normally I don't mess that up, but it was weird this time)

Comments: A little thing I brought up, loosely inspired by an older UT game map, I believe 2k3, which I don't remember the name of. Small arena type map, in the open air.

Learned from my mistakes, this time I followed those guidelines I just learned about, lol. And also even though it seems finished to me, and since I can still work on it in the editor, it will go here for a few versions, I'll take any and all criticism to improve the map.

Wow, now thats alot of Floor textures.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
      Wow, now thats alot of Floor textures.
      Was that sarcasm?

Judging by the screenshots, they are all static 0.o

Comment

I like these kinds of maps. Simple and fun. I will give it a try.

Comment

I would like to see at least one large object/pillar in the center to force the players to kind of move around, so they are forced to get better angles.

I would also like to see some more ambient lighting, maybe hanging below the floor tiles, to give it some life.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
            Was that sarcasm?

Judging by the screenshots, they are all static 0.o
            My mistake, i usually say that anything thats on the floor is a texture, silly me.

Comment

horizon is pretty empty... you should add some islands or sunken ships/ruins in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by revel911 View Post
                I would like to see at least one large object/pillar in the center to force the players to kind of move around, so they are forced to get better angles.

I would also like to see some more ambient lighting, maybe hanging below the floor tiles, to give it some life.
                I'll get right on the ambient light comment, and I'll look into the big pillar in the middle. Thank you.

Originally posted by 0rbe View Post
                horizon is pretty empty... you should add some islands or sunken ships/ruins in the background.
                That kind of go against the point of it being in a remote part of open water, but I'll see to it as well.

Comment

I agree with 0rbe - I think it'd break up the endlessly repeating water. I really like the idea though, it will be great fun when finished.

Comment

Well, just an idea, how about making an island on which this construction will be set up, will look greater this way.

Comment

I know you say it's not "that" blurry in game, but some fog would be sweet.

Comment

D/Ling. Could use more decoration though.

Comment

Or maybe some nano-black tentacles?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagnot View Post
                            Or maybe some nano-black tentacles?
                            Like some type of Neco-Octopus?

That's a freaking sweet idea.

Comment

Forgot about those. Where are the tentacles anyway?

I know you say it's not "that" blurry in game, but some fog would be sweet.
                              There is fog, I'll tweak the settings a little more, then.

Comment

Working...
                              X