Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Campgrounds2K8 beta thread (full release links)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how goes progress with beta3? Have you figured out what caused those 2 fps drops (above shieldbelt and looking at waterfall area)?

Comment

The only place i get a significant fps drop is when i'm stood under the waterfall and viewing as much of the map towards the snipe rifle as i can, but this is a drop to only 50 fps, generally my fps is at least 70-120+ This is on maximum detail WITH UED running also.

EDIT These drops occur in open spaces where you can see alot of the map, especially when your turning to face one. I have an inkling as to why but there is nothing you can do about it afaik as thats how the engine works. Unless you close up the area.

Also these drops are much worse on all the stock maps (as they are far more detailed)
      Just had run around Shangri La under similar circumstances and generally FPS was lower and the drops in areas where you can see alot were more significant. So the answer is lots of enclosed corridors and low detail maps, if that's what you want?

Comment

The only place i get a significant fps drop is when i'm stood under the waterfall and viewing as much of the map towards the snipe rifle as i can, but this is a drop to only 50 fps, generally my fps is at least 70-120+ This is on maximum detail WITH UED running also.
        In case it was not mentioned before, I experienced no FPS drops with the PS3 version. Looking forward to the final release.

Comment

Final Release is now available for PC and PS3!

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=600381

Comment

It's outdoors

Comment

Hey thanks for this great remake,

I liked the map design.

Btw is there a way of reaching the sniper location from the bridge? I know there' jump boots nearby but it would be nice to be able to dodge jump there.

Comment

Working...
              X