Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT2004 XAN for UT3 - updated beta 1.4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well way i see it xan did lead the robot uprising so my guess xan is a AI just that in ut99 the creators where to lazy to give xan standerd robot gibs or xan was human in the first suit and lost parts during the tournament and then lost every part of his body after the second suit

Comment

But I don't understand one thing: Was the AI generator you destroyed in AS-RobotFactory for reproducing the AI or for the control of the robots? If not he could have been a human. If he didn't need this AI generator he was probably a human or a cyborg. Maybe the actual Xan (UT2004) is just a cyborg. And I don't think that he is the Liandri boss since he was one of the mining robots/cyborgs/humans(?)/whatever on this asteroid. Why would the Liandri boss work in one of his own mines? *remembers: Liandri Mining Corporation ->LMC*
      And did they actually search for Tarydium? Can't remember this quite well.

Comment

the AI generator was for the robots that were being made in the factory im pretty sure xan got his AI from another factory but i think the announcer said it was somthing related to the robot uprising or somthing

Comment

Hm.. Makes me really wonder why almost all Xan fans have the same avatar

Well. It would be pretty cool if someone could finish this. Or maybe even remake Xan mk1 and 2 and Xan mk3

Comment

perhaps if someone could well i dunno take the ut99 xan voice from the liandr bots and add the defult liandri blood and gibs then cook it for the ps3 then that will be cool

Comment

I think then this person should stick to the original:
              Xan mk1 and Xan mk2: human blood and gibs + UT99 Boss voice
              Xan mk3: bot blood and gibs + UT2k4 robot voice
              That's what I think

Comment

well i found this but im not sure if its that good it seems a little cartoonish http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=627167 just has xan mk3 cartoon version and somone called tensor

Comment

Oww..

Too bad that he looks a little cartoonish. First I wanted to download him when I saw this screenshot but then I saw this one and I understood quite well what you meant with "cartoonish".

Hm.. Looks like I have to learn how to make custom characters and do them myself (first in UT2k4 because I want to have them in 2k4 first and then for UT3). I just hope there are some good tutorials which explain how to make that in Blender in detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                    Too bad that he looks a little cartoonish. First I wanted to download him when I saw this screenshot but then I saw this one and I understood quite well what you meant with "cartoonish".

Hm.. Looks like I have to learn how to make custom characters and do them myself (first in UT2k4 because I want to have them in 2k4 first and then for UT3). I just hope there are some good tutorials which explain how to make that in Blender in detail.
                    Well i wish you the best of luck with it

Comment

Thanks, although I doubt that I'll be able to do this.
                      Let's see if I'm done with my first character until next year lol

Comment

Thanks, although I doubt that I'll be able to do this.
                        Let's see if I'm done with my first character until next year lol
                        dont worry im pretty sure you'll do great

Comment

Now I'd really like to know if I can create animations for UT in Blender or if I have to use another program for this.
                          Btw thanks for building me up

PS: Does somebody know a Blender tutorial about animations for UT?

Comment

Hm.. Makes me really wonder why almost all Xan fans have the same avatar

Well. It would be pretty cool if someone could finish this. Or maybe even remake Xan mk1 and 2 and Xan mk3
                            It's already been done. Check it http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=703835 contains Xan mk1 and 2 and warboss. They have the original voice and first person arms. But the Xan in Liandri bots II pack is the best (it only lacks firstperson arms, but for the rest is perfect).

Yea imo they should make Xan as in the movie: Bulletproof AR/Enforcer, Minigun, Sniper Rifle, etc. don't deal damage to him. Only other weapons like the Link Gun/Pulse Gun, ASMD Shock Rifle and because he has such an advanced armor maybe Impact Hammer AltFire (because of EMP so that you have a chance against him) etc. And hell, I want to fight him in that arena from the UT99 intro with LMS mode (1 life) and he should have a bulletproof armor of course That would be funny -and hard!

Btw is the ASMD Shock Rifle still called ASMD Shock Rifle? I can't find any descriptions to the UT3 weapons ingame :/
                            Imo it still should be called like that. In Unreal it was actually just an ASMD
                            What i'm doing now is playing as Xan and with the UTcustomizable mutator i start with 1000 shield (only me, the bots plays normal). I can withstand one instagib shot (it take's off 550 shield, 1000 to 450), so two shoots are needed to kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan_5 View Post
                              It's already been done. Check it http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=703835 contains Xan mk1 and 2 and warboss.
                              Sadly they are ports Would be pretty cool if somebody could remake them so that they look 99% like the original

Well, have fun with killer-Xan Kriegor lol
                              There is always one thing which is quite amusing for me: Kriegor is similar to Krieger. Krieger (German) means "warrior" in English

Comment

Sadly they are ports Would be pretty cool if somebody could remake them so that they look 99% like the original

Well, have fun with killer-Xan Kriegor lol
                                There is always one thing which is quite amusing for me: Kriegor is similar to Krieger. Krieger (German) means "warrior" in English
                                Do you know that my email direction is xan_kriegor... lol, but yes. It was in 1999 when the first unreal tournament came, then a friend told me to create an account on messenger. Didn't know what to put in email adress and decided to put xan kriegor ! That was after i completed the game and unlocked him.

Comment

Working...
                                X