Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT2004 XAN for UT3 - updated beta 1.4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2004 XAN for UT3 - updated beta 1.4

I'm uploading 1.4 right now. I didn't include any additional playable bot characters only because the size of the package is getting obscene. So I will leave that up to you guys, or just make additional packages some other time. I did update the normal maps with more detail, and touched up the diffuse a bit. The game still dumbs down the texture quality , but it looks much better than before. I think this will be the final beta until I get the custom factions code working so we get actual custom arms, blood,gibs and sounds.

Beta 1.4:
    Bugs fixed in beta 1.4:
    ...properly set UPK package to ServerSideOnly
    ...fixed some wrist vertices not twisting properly on left arm
    ...added character description, thanks Jafo for those details!
    ...updated and improved textures - can't really get too much detail even though textures are high res and materials tweaked out, seems to be code limitation for speed??
    Code:
     Add this info to your UTCustomChar.ini

Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_HEADMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Facemask,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_MASKMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_TORSOMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_XShoPad01",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_ARMSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Thighs,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_LEGSMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="XAN_UT3_MODEL.Parts.XAN_BOOTMESH",PartID="Z",FamilyID="IRNM")

Characters=(CharName="XAN KRIEGOR",Description="<Strings:XAN.CharLocData.OSC_Description>",CharID="Z",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:XAN_UT3_MODEL.pix.UI_Portrait_Character_Xan_Male_Head01>",CharData=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="Z",TorsoID="Z",ShoPadID="Z",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="Z",ThighsID="Z",BootsID="Z"))
    Filefront:
    http://files.filefront.com/Xan+model.../fileinfo.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdd2xywyxym

I love you, in a completely proffesional way.

Comment

that looks ace keep up the good work

Comment

I love you, in a completely NON-professional way.

Comment

Cool, is it customizable?

Comment

Hi Evilengine, i'm very confident you can do it!

your work is always top notch quality!

I know you want to import the ut2004 skarrj on ut3 before you finish to make your own uber skarrj, and we are very thanksfull for them too! (in advance he he)

do you have many plan to import more Ut2004 characters? (ex: echanced /and/or vanilla Ophelia? (trenchcoat as piece or more "armor" suggestion, glasses etc)

btw good luck, but you don't need luck since you have the talent!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavado View Post
              Cool, is it customizable?
              It will be, yes. After I figure out the material instance issue, and how to get a properly working custom "family/faction" I will add more parts from other Xan bots. Right now, you can put on shoulderpads,boots and other parts from other characters on him but that looks a little wierd.

Comment

hell man... this is INCREDIBLE. can you make a simple, and easy tutorial on what u know?

there are a LOT of people who want to do this

Comment

Cool, can you import characters such as the Skarrj, Liandri Robots(Colbalt, Thorax, Renegade, Rapier, those guys.) and the Axon robots?( The guy like Xan.)

Can you just import everyone?

Comment

Any model can be imported into the game, but at the moment it's easier with models that are put together in sections like XAN. Full, one piece models are a mystery at the moment as you have to use your model thats seperated into several key pieces that get put back together by the game engine. I hope theres a way to import full models into the game without having to break them into pieces, because if not that would be a real limitation in creativity.
                    Of course you can import full meshes into the engine, but you can't use them as bots or player models yet.
                    As for a tutorial , I will make sure I pass everything I know as soon as I troubleshoot all the problems that come with the model making. I too want to see lots of new characters in the game, and hope more information gets released by someone at Epic because some stuff I'm doing is just hit and miss and wild guesses.

Comment

... so i could make individual pieces of a new, custom character i wanted to make, then export them as .ase files into the UE 3 editor, then put in the respective animation files, and i have a working character?

it would be good if you could write a tutorial on doing this: example, how to place and export animation for each model, then the scripting involved, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
                        ... so i could make individual pieces of a new, custom character i wanted to make, then export them as .ase files into the UE 3 editor, then put in the respective animation files, and i have a working character?

it would be good if you could write a tutorial on doing this: example, how to place and export animation for each model, then the scripting involved, etc....
                        Actually you would have to bind the entire model to the Epic UT3 bipeds then use SKIN to attach each part of your model to certain bones. Then export in actorx each mesh piece(including the entire skeletal system per piece) this way the game engine can recombine all the parts and recreate your character like you have in your modeling program. I use 3dsmax, but I am sure that if a friend exported the skeletal system from the bipeds(becuase they are actually inside the character studio biped) maybe you can use any 3d modeling application to attach a mesh to each bone and export as a PSK.

Comment

no probs... (i think).

il have to chek out the Character Modelling vids from the 2k4 3d buzz tutorials

Comment

I'm not a fan of Xan so I won't be downloading this but, I will say that its cool that you brought it into UT3, and looks good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet Otter View Post
                              I'm not a fan of Xan so I won't be downloading this but, I will say that its cool that you brought it into UT3, and looks good too.
                              I hated that evil killing machine... aka Xan. so thank you for re-making him! There is nothing better than facing an old foe and hopefully fragging him. Your work looks very good btw. I like your alien too.

Comment

Working...
                              X