Need help polishing your map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help polishing your map?

Hiho, I am not Hourences, AngelMapper, Warbeast, Teddie or any of the other supermappers, but I love polished maps.

If the newer mappers need some help having their maps polished (visuals, lighting, trimming, collision model, etc..), feel free to ask if I can help you out.

I don't wanna take any credits for it. I only love polished maps. And a polished map is 1000 times more worth to me and my UT3 map collection than being credited.
    It can be quite discouraging for newer mappers if some harsh comments pop up in your beta-release thread. I am willing to keep these comments lower and make your map better (if I am able to).

You'll be first on my list mate

Comment

Hey, uhhhm. I have one that needs polishing, honestly, I am not all too good with statics and trimming and so on as of yet. The layout is good, I play it a lot but it doesn't look all to pretty. Can you contact me Via-Aim, or should I post it here?

Edit : Download Link - http://files.filefront.com/Warlockzi.../fileinfo.html

Comment

The idea of someone else fiddling with my map that I don't even know, disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
          The idea of someone else fiddling with my map that I don't even know, disturbs me.
          Well, it is for those who want polished and finished maps. In the end it was Conveyor who made me offer this service.

Already having 4 people applying.

@ those who contaced me
          I will contact you back tomorrow morning.

Comment

I'll contact you if I ever get my barebones CTF-FaceTech finished.

Comment

Great idea Fuegerstef!

Think it would be possible to show some before and after pics of anything once you polish 'em up?

Lol, you wouldn't be saying that if you'd been here for awhile already.

Comment

Applaudable effort, Fueg

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz View Post
                  Applaudable effort, Fueg
                  See, I forgot Sjosz in my first post (and many others, of course). I like your clean design in maps.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                    See, I forgot Sjosz in my first post (and many others, of course). I like your clean design in maps.
                    Psh, I'm no supermapper. Wish I had time to do stuff like this as well, but I've got too many maps of my own that need the polish!

Comment

Do you think you could help me get my old UT2004 terrain into UT3?

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz View Post
                        Psh, I'm no supermapper. Wish I had time to do stuff like this as well, but I've got too many maps of my own that need the polish!
                        Neither am I. And I have a huge shedule too and today I got alomost insane with polishing Sacrifice 3. But in the end it pays off for you and the community.

Do you think you could help me get my old UT2004 terrain into UT3?
                        Of course. Tomorrow after work (that I have to do for a living) I will look at all messages I got and see who wants what and how I can help.

Comment

Since this is a bigger success than I thought, I will post what I did today. Hope you people like the shots and still trust me that I can help you out with visuals.

They sky is preliminary (it is only there to not have the HOM effect) and will later have a different texture, mountains and stuff in the back.

I used the old layout made it in BSP and then added what I "saw in my mind's eye" and had to be added to the towers to what looks good IMHO.

[shot]http://www.fuegerstef.de/_temp/a1.jpg[/shot][shot]http://www.fuegerstef.de/_temp/a2.jpg[/shot][shot]http://www.fuegerstef.de/_temp/a3.jpg[/shot][shot]http://www.fuegerstef.de/_temp/a4.jpg[/shot]

Yes, I know, this map is brown. The original has it's roots in Quake.

Comment

Actually nevermind on the terrain thing. I figured out I needed to resize it in terrain properties

Comment

Well, when DM-PerfectTemple is completed, maybe you can take a look and see if there's anything you could do to it, or even just give me pointers, that would be cool. I'm kinda rusty/new to the Unreal Engine(s)... Did some basic mapping back in '99 but wasn't really into it, since I really had no time to put the effort towards it. Now, I get all kinds of time lol...

BTW, is that light in the second screen causing a Lens Flare (i think thats the right term) or did you us a mesh/volumetric to make that effect with the beams? Looks awesome....

Comment

Working...
                              X