WAR-CorruptionX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-CorruptionX

Epic's vCTF-Corruption converted to Warfare.

Beautiful map, furious fighting around the center, lots of different vehicles, plenty to do for people on foot, bots are pretty aggressive.

Comments:

Beautiful map, great terrain... but if you ask me vCTF plays **** without being able to carry the flag in ground vehicles. I just had to move it over to Warfare.

I had some trouble finding good spots for nodes despite the varied terrain. The map is very linear and most spots are quite exposed in several directions.

Adjustments:
    • The bases house the cores. Flags have been replaced with orb spawners. I added nodes to the sniper perches, in the river by the armor vest and in the building with the waterwheel.
    • Includes two different node link setups.
    • I moved the dragon statues at the back of the base up the stairs to make room for the cores.
    The nodes in the waterwheel are optional and quite close together. I used two nodes instead of one to preserve symmetry. They're slightly easier to defend this way and it might seem a bit odd at first, but it doesn't really make much of a difference.

Still no flying vehicles. The map wasn't built to support that. If you'd go high enough, you'd see all sorts of things you weren't meant to see, like the insides of meshes, missing polygons and whatnot.

I am a n00b mapper and not aspiring to learn how to map properly, but if I can improve on the following stuff in a simple manner, then please tell me all about it:
    • Axon versus Necris. Balanced or not?
    • The Darkwalker can hit Red's closest node from halfway across the map... does that need to be "fixed"? I suppose I could plant some rock in front of the node, but it might not be pretty.
    • Any areas you still wouldn't go to? Any pickups I could place there to make it worth the detour?
    • Any way I can reduce the ridiculous file size?
    • Any way I can improve bot behavior?
    Screenshots:

Version:
    Beta 1

Compatibility:
    Tested in Single Player. The bots are OK. They'll go everywhere and do everything. They may do some stupid stuff and/or abandon vehicles in strange places. No different from vCTF-Corruption.

Multiplayer is untested. Let me know.

Credits:
    Epic for making the map.
    Me for adapting the map. Which was like 0.02% of the overall effort.

Download:
    CorruptionX.zip (MediaFire)
    (only 82 megs...)

Installation instructions provided in the Readme in the download. Basically, extract to My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3.

Feedback appreciated!

Looks pretty good, if you like I can check it out on Instant Action and give you feedback. Also, do you know the console command to switch to thise particular map?

Comment

You need a console command to switch to a map? Just go to Instant Action -> Warfare and select it from the list, then click Start.

Comment

It isnt showing up in the list, And yes I put the map in the C:/Program Files/Unreal Tournament 3/ folder. Im redownloading it and ill see if it works this time.

Ahh, im a moron, I needed to put it under My Documents, i have Unreal Tournament folders in two places and its annoying.

Comment

You put the UTGame folder in the Unreal Tournament 3 folder? That should do it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Yea i just did that, im getting on it right now.

Hmm, it didnt work under My Documents, so im downloading it one more time and placing it under C:/Program Files/Unreal Tournament 3

Haha im downloading this map at 740-780 kb/s Only taking 1 Minute and 55 Seconds total.

Ok, it still didnt work, so it might be that you can only access it by switching to it Via console or the map isnt being applied to UT3.

Comment

Custom maps seem to get added to the bottom of the maplist. Did you look there?

Comment

Yes, I did, it isnt showing up
                for some odd reason.

Comment

It's 83 MB, sorry to ask this, but did you Cook this? It's a tad big, and that could be the cause of the whole "Not Showing Up" thing. If you don't know how, go into the editor with the map open and goto the top right and click the button at the top right.

Edit: The problem lies in the folder layout. Go through all the folders, he has it in something like CookedPC/Private/Maps

It should be in CookedPC/Published/CustomMaps

Comment

Now this is a vCTF map i felt was more suited to Warfare, thanks Xyx.

Why not add some other Necris like stuff surrounding Blue core?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                      [*]The Darkwalker can hit Red's closest node from halfway across the map... does that need to be "fixed"? I suppose I could plant some rock in front of the node, but it might not be pretty.
                      That would be a smart thing to do.

Also, whats with the Bio, its not really useful in Warfare maps (vehicle maps in general), consider its removal from the map.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane01970 View Post
                        did you Cook this?
                        Yes, I cooked it. That's what made it so big.

So... does the map show up in the list for you? Anybody? Raise your hand if the map shows up?

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                        Why not add some other Necris like stuff surrounding Blue core?
                        Like what? More tendrils? For anything tricky I'd have to actually learn how to map. I'd rather learn how to script.

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                        whats with the Bio, its not really useful in Warfare maps
                        Then don't use it. It's there because it's a fun weapon that was missing. I tried to place it where it would be at least somewhat useful; close confines.

Comment

I know, i'm just giving you some critism.

For the core, you know on Onyx Coast how the Blue core has those Necris reinforcer tendrils around it, well ya, thats what should go on it (Blue core), also just add anything Necris-like you can add to it.

Comment

She's look very good yes, i wait for final version. Good job

Comment

Originally posted by Mavado View Post
                              Yea i just did that, im getting on it right now.

Hmm, it didnt work under My Documents, so im downloading it one more time and placing it under C:/Program Files/Unreal Tournament 3

Haha im downloading this map at 740-780 kb/s Only taking 1 Minute and 55 Seconds total.

Ok, it still didnt work, so it might be that you can only access it by switching to it Via console or the map isnt being applied to UT3.
                              try dragging the files into the Cooked/CustomMaps folder.

I went through, its good, though insanely hectic, i don't like how theirs 2 nodes (waterwheel nodes) so close to eachother (should be just 1... maybe just add a roof section to the whole thing and put it up there), the north/south outpost nodes should be renamed Prime Nodes, also, you should consider just moving them around, like one of them just ahead of the bridge. Also, No nodes should be automatically linked to their respective cores .The bio is truly useless in this map (as in almost all Warfare and VCTF maps), you really should consider removing it.

Whats with the SPMA (HellRaiser?), probably should core, and the River node should get something better than a Nightshade to break any stalemate.

Also, if you were TOO keep the waterwheel nodes, at least for f**k sakes make the attach to the River Node, so as the map doesn't turn into a you gotta get the River node then just spam the enemies core til it goes.

Things to add: Player count, better description, selection picture

All this is is just helpful tips to help the gameplay and flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X