DM-Gael [Updated] [Map Finished]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    DUDE THANK YOU! amazing map from 2003 and now for ut3 thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so you gonna respond to that guy that wants to know how you did the textures?...or the guy that has an issue with the bot pathing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dud link

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Map is now finished and can be downloaded here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=593397

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you need to add Bot Paths, or atleast better ones. When I was trying out the map 1on1 vs some random bot I noticed that when he did not see me (when I came up on him from behind) he just stod there like a statue. Other then that its a great remake, keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Final version is now 99% completed and will probably be released today.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by (¯°·«èXó»·°¯) View Post
    p.s. How did you do the static meshes? make them or import them? I would like to know as i am working on a re-make of DM-Grendelkeep.
    Any help on this? would be much apreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx for the valuable reply (¯°·«èXó»·°¯)

next version is almost finished
    -Fixed elevators
    -Fixed a couple of collision problems
    -Added more visual details
    -Resized some static meshes to make the map more like the UT2003-version

screens:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Couple things i noticed...

LIFTS:
    You are using the buggy trigger / trigger volumes for your lifts. In doing so you should know people will be able to stand under the lift, wait for it to come down on them and then suddenly be put on top of the lift even with blocking properties set. This is a known issue and luckily i found that by using the method EPIC employs in DM-Deck you wont have this problem. If you need help with it let me know, i will be glad to walk you thru it and will find it much easier to create working lifts.

Also regarding your lifts, i noticed you are missing the the 2 side holes/slots on both sides of the lifts. These are used regularily for strategic reasons and really should be included in your lift design.

LIGHTS:
    The map is very dark in comparision to the original and although it has a great feel to it, it just feels very dark, too dark. I have a naturally bright 28" Widescreen powered by my 8800GTX and at game brightness/contrast/gama default settings its very hard to see in the map.

STATIC MESHES:
    I am not sure how you did the meshes but great job on either importing or re-creating them from the original. The only thing i noticed was on the ones that act as main supports for the upper rail seem a bit large. I dont think its the meshes themselves that are to big but rather the misc details on the meshes, like the bolt plates etc which gave me the impression they are to big for the mesh they are a part of, if that makes sense?

BLOCKING VOLUME:
    In the original Gael, the way the blocking volumes arround the main support meshes were made enabled you to atleast jump on them part ways up from the main floor. This is not critical mind you but just something i noticed you could do before because of the angled blocking volumes but in yours you cant. Also you could do a smooth service dodge from the floor and fly up the support mesh to the upper deck but i dont think you can do that anymore at all in UT3.

Overall i think you have done a great job and i know many IG fans will be very happy with your work. I would just urge you to brighten it up some and fix the lift issues.

p.s. How did you do the meshes? make them or import them? I would like to know as i am working on a re-make of DM-Grendelkeep.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice map, but can you put some lights in the pit?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by d33per View Post
    Dude pls reupload the beta 2 !!!! the download doesn´t work from Germany . still loads 3 mb and crashed then ,. friend of me have same probleme !
    new download link here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8kocvtukhzf

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dude pls reupload the beta 2 !!!! the download doesn´t work from Germany . still loads 3 mb and crashed then ,. friend of me have same probleme !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Only had chance for a quick test.

Only issues i have for now are aesthetic ones, it could use more contrast everythings bit too dingy. Maybe the floors could be a shinier, brighter steel.

The pit is also not working well for me. That fog effect is far far too heavy. Also the little island in the middle looks a little 'meh' compared to everything else.

Otherwise i am liking your progress

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The next release will most likely be the final. So I would really appreciate some feedback from beta2 release (bugs etc.) thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Apathy View Post
    Heh, not really.
    Heh, No really.

Scaling it down will turn it into yet another DM spam fest. Gael is spammy anyway so scaling it down would just kill it. The speed of UT3 compensates for any scaling. The only scaling if any should be in Z imo.

Scaling down is what turned Deck 17 into a 1on1 map for UT3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X