No announcement yet.

WAR-SuspenseX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can live it being Necris/Axon for each sides, since MonsO will have a mut out in a few weeks (i pray) that allows for changing whole team sides.

Still, i'm really liking these vCTF turned Warfare maps, really giving them new life.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post

No, where would I put them? Those would have to be some serious jumppads. You can use the node teleporter portals to get topside once the nodes have been captured. To get there you need to either grab the Raptor or walk/board/drive the Manta/Viper up the big cables.
      You think you'll be able to get the bots to do that more often?

Other than that, cool map.

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      I tried to keep the Warfare gameplay close to the vCTF gameplay, which is why I didn't make too many alterations. That is also the reason why I did not include the tower nodes in the default setup.
      If its a Warfare map, you should try to make it play like a warfare map, not make ist gameplay close to the vCTF gameplay, its Warfare for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
        You think you'll be able to get the bots to do that more often?
        I see them do it all the time. But no, I don't think I can do a whole lot of bot herding. I could try to increase the "importance" of the topside nodes... but I have no idea whether that would help.

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
        you should try to make it play like a warfare map, not make ist gameplay close to the vCTF gameplay
        What would you suggest?

It was made to be a vCTF map, so even with cores and nodes added it still is a vCTF map at heart. That shows in the fact that it has long lines of sight between the bases. All vCTF maps have that, and it's a problem in Warfare where the nodes need to be protected from long range attack. On top of Epic's general vCTF design limitations, each map has a certain amount of personality to it. Suspense is characterized by the bridge acting as a channel.

I can either go with the flow and try to bring out the best in each map's specific gameplay style, or I can try to reduce them all to the same generic gameplay. I prefer to enhance their individualism.

If you happen to have any concrete examples of how to make these maps more like Warfare, then please elaborate. Perhaps your ideas fit with mine.

Comment

Hmm. Good points, So, we have the bases with the core, the building where you spawn in vCTF with the Goliath and Raptor being the Prime nodes, and the tower nodes in 1 or 2 setups right?

If we want to keep the fighting off the bridge but still have a core in center, get rid of the Cicada, put down a core that attaches to the Prime Nodes (not Tower nodes, cept for in link setup where they are in it) and add some stuff around the node (Maybe rox, Link and Shock) with a AVRiL pickup, could work fairly well. And give that node a Manta again, the Cicada (tried) just destroys nodes.

Comment

Working...
          X