Dm-Phobos (in construction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dm-Phobos (in construction)

**********here the alpha:http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...3006**********

For the big fan of ut 99 , im working on 1 of his cool big map named Dm-phobos (my favorite map)
    Im working slowly but nice on it and i already made the first floor(about 10-15 hours on it )
    So i guess i will release the beta in 1 week...

****i know it miss lot of thing on first floor but first i make the 3 floors then , i come back on each floor to fix them, add static mesh, light etc...****

New pic: (first pic was realy bad vs that lol):

there is image in next link:
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2543/90150611rj6.png
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3575/29261669jy0.png (there is an error of texture in this pic...sry :S)
    http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4348/22743096wi4.png (there is an error of texture too in this pic lol ,sometime i press anywhere lol and go back in generic browser take texure lol)

this is one i would like to see!!

Comment

I am really looking forward to this map. The original DM-Phobos is my favourite UT Map of all time. I was so glad to have found a port for UT2004 and am glad that it's being worked on for the stellar UT3.

Comment

dude freakin sweeet!!!

thank you so much.
        i loved this map- even if i only played it in the demo.
        just make the dang thing....lol......

i'll try it....
        looks real good already, but a tad bit too smooth.

Comment

I don't want to be mean, but there are alot of flaws. The texture aglinement is off, and theres too much blank space, and those lights are useless, because no light is comming from them! I think you should re-do your lighting and place the lights next to the light sources.

if you do releas it, I request you dont release it as DM-Phobos because it's not up to the ut3 standard, While good, I think someone can make a more improvised version.

Comment

i know there is a lot of fix to do , but that why i said i begin to make the level etc.. and after i come back for fix evre floor.
            and , why should i not release it, i dont make it for u, its for me i make it(and for other fan of this map)

Comment

Originally posted by alto View Post
              I don't want to be mean, but there are alot of flaws. The texture aglinement is off, and theres too much blank space, and those lights are useless, because no light is comming from them! I think you should re-do your lighting and place the lights next to the light sources.

if you do releas it, I request you dont release it as DM-Phobos because it's not up to the ut3 standard, While good, I think someone can make a more improvised version.
              I don't want to be mean, but do you understand the concept of "pre-beta" ?

Look what the original poster wrote:

"i know it miss lot of thing on first floor but first i make the 3 floors then , i come back on each floor to fix them, add static mesh, light etc..."

So, alto, here it goes:
              1. read
              2. understand (<- don't forget)
              3. reply

Comment

thank you fuegerstef :P

Comment

hey chris, when can we expect a playable alpha of beta?

Comment

im working on it realy hard , so maybe in 4-5 days :S

Comment

i will try to go more fast lol so u will be able to test it

Comment

You know what they say, 'why do it right when you can do it fast?'

Edit: btw dont call this map Phobos as someone who wants to make a professional looking remake should get that name, or Phobos3. Use somthing like DM-Phobossimplenomeshesorlightingcantbebotheredwithte xturealignmenteither

Comment

aahahaha xD
                          i will call it umm
                          Dm-phobos_version_chris
                          xD

Comment

i gonna upload new pic soon, cause i almost finish the 2-3 floor and after it will only miss the top , the tower, and the side of phobos...

Comment

umm people, i need to find a good name for phobos...but not dm-phobos :P
                              so if u have idea, say it plz:P

Comment

Working...
                              X