No announcement yet.

Galtanor's Invasion [Beta][Pics][Updated 10/26/2008][v022][Patch 1.3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I missed the release of v014 last weekend and now v015 as I am out of town on business. I could update the server, but not my redirect so I'll update mine this Friday.

GJ on getting new releases out!

Comment

Easter bunny egg gibs:

In the old invasion beta's, it was true that in insta gib, 1 hit kill bunnies would produce blood gibs and 2 hit bunnies produce the egg gibs. Ive now tested in v014 and v015 and it seems no matter what hp you set the bunny, you will always get blood gibs.

I just tried normal weapon invasion, still no egg gibs, can you bring them back please.

Comment

v015 feels great, offline was smooth, not much load lag, online just a little bit of lag buts its an improvement over v014.

Comment

The file is much smaller. I changed the way I cooked it this time. Instead of cooking the individual packages, I cooked the GaltanorsInvasion.u file. This also cooked the upk files. It probably only included the assets referenced when cooking them. There are a couple of meshes and textures I have not gotten around to using, it is possible that these were not included in the cooked version.

On a sad note I have not been able to upload it for the contest. It finishes the upload and then fails to an error screen. I emailed Epic, and they responded, but I was not able to email them back until I got off work a few minutes ago. Hopefully they will still have some one there to resolve the upload issue. If not, I will be out of luck.

- Galtanor

Comment

Originally posted by Galtanor View Post
            On a sad note I have not been able to upload it for the contest. It finishes the upload and then fails to an error screen. I emailed Epic, and they responded, but I was not able to email them back until I got off work a few minutes ago. Hopefully they will still have some one there to resolve the upload issue. If not, I will be out of luck.

- Galtanor
            No! Is there anything we can do? Can one of us try to upload what you need as well?

Comment

It seems the form is still working, so keep trying. You deserve to win something.

Comment

I had no trouble uploading something earlier today. I suggest you just try again. It would be a shame if you didn't enter this awesome gametype.

Comment

Successful entry!

Your entry has been successfully submitted. The URL below will be available to you shortly with downloads for your entry from FilePlanet. If the download servers do not appear, try again in a bit as our process is mirroring your file to all our servers. We will process your entry and it will be available on FilePlanet. Good luck in the contest!

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/180000/188468.shtml

It seems there was something in my readme that I included that the form did not like. Unfortunately the form doesnt tell you that, it just fails with the error. Submitting it with out the readme worked.

- Galtanor

Comment

Congratulations! What a relief for you and everyone rooting for you!

Comment

Thanks!

Here are the options for the wave configuration:

These both go in the UTGaltanorsInvasionWaves.ini file under the main wave setting:

The next option specifies the Maximum time for each wave in seconds:
                      NOTE: This is overridden by the specifying it at the wave level.
                      NOTE: If you do not specify it, but do not turn it off, the game will use the default of 300 seconds (5 minutes).
                      MaxWaveSeconds=300

The next option actually disables wave timer: <br>
                      NOTE: NOT specifying this value will leave the wave timer enabled.
                      bDisableWaveTimer=true

You can also specify MaxWaveSeconds as part of WaveTable1, making it a per wave configuration.

Once the wave timer runs out and the wave goes into Overtime, all the monsters (except the bosses) start dying. I can add the option to turn the bosses dying on/off if someone wants it.

I am working on a option that will hopefully satisfy more of Cyzmyass' customization needs.

I am going to take a break from coding this weekend. I will probably start afresh on the July 4th weekend.

- Galtanor

Comment

Cool now i can make my BIO-Invasion
                        2003/2004 version @ http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=290989.

I will stay working on it ASAP :-) thanks

Comment

Ideas:

- Possibility to give multiple weapons at a time for monsters (or bosses only?)
                          - new monster that dies and spawns several smaller ones

Lags are still bad :'(

Comment

Rodents only waves

I have made a rodents only waves setup, i also changed the monsters ini a bit. I have made most of the bosses unique with giving them different weapons, Napoleon Mouse is my favourite.
                            http://files.filefront.com/RodentsOn.../fileinfo.html
                            Would be great if someone here can give it a try before i call it done. I recommend 4-6 players for it and playing it with BattleRPG.

While making it i run into some problems, i couldnt change weapon of the hellhoundhare and the undead mouse and i tryed to give the bosses one of the special galtanors weapons like the freeze rifle:GaltanorsInvasion.GaltanorsWeapon007 but that doesnt worked. Is that even possible?

Btw i think would be very cool to give each wave a name, so the wave name would be announced at the start of the wave. Also nice would be to be able to change the health of the bosses, even better would it be to make own new monster classes that then could be also used as the different boss.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to add, now the Invasion servers should be showing up in the game browser as custom servers... BigBattleServers, Cyzmyass', and Maxi's Padded Headboard RPG Invasion are all on there now.

- Galtanor
                              Meant to bring this up before. I can't see the servers at all right now. How do you get the custom types to show up in the browser? I am a bit concerned that people aren't seeing the servers any more if they only show up as custom. Getting traffic on any server is hard enough right now. Between the general errors, map issues and lack of players. What a shame....

Comment

Originally posted by Davision View Post
                                While making it i run into some problems, i couldnt change weapon of the hellhoundhare and the undead mouse and i tryed to give the bosses one of the special galtanors weapons like the freeze rifle:GaltanorsInvasion.GaltanorsWeapon007 but that doesnt worked. Is that even possible?
                                Yes and No. Most of the monsters that use the special weapons I created will only work with the ones I designed them for. (The ones that have that problem are hard coded to ignore any weapon change requested.) I intend to fix it so that they can use any of the weapons, but I was in such a hurry to wrap everything up for the contest I was not able to tackle that issue.

Btw i think would be very cool to give each wave a name, so the wave name would be announced at the start of the wave.
                                Yeah, its been requested before. Look for it in a future update.

Also nice would be to be able to change the health of the bosses, even better would it be to make own new monster classes that then could be also used as the different boss.
                                I have a really really nice plan in the works for customizing all of that. I actually have it all up and running, but I would like to get a little more done before I make it into the next release.

Originally posted by {UR}Scorpion View Post
                                Meant to bring this up before. I can't see the servers at all right now. How do you get the custom types to show up in the browser? I am a bit concerned that people aren't seeing the servers any more if they only show up as custom. Getting traffic on any server is hard enough right now. Between the general errors, map issues and lack of players. What a shame....
                                To see the current ones, you would go to multiplayer, select Join, then select Galtanors Invasion 015 (or any other custom gametype) and it will bring up the list of all the custom gametypes running. Right now there are not many (about 15). The only way to tell which ones are Invasion are to put it in the server name/header.

- Galtanor

Comment

Working...
                                X