• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL thats funny

Comment

Monster size

Galtanor
      Monstername=blah?size=1.0?groundlevel=0? speaking of ground level remember monstermanager for ut2004 ? they had monster scale option and some custom monsters that were imported from games like "Half life 2" and such were somewhat half way underground. So giving the option to set the 0 ground for monsters is a big plus when it comes to resizing them. (you never know what monster packs will show up in the future do you ?) correct me if am wrong.

Speaking of weapons, any way to have first wave as a target practice monsters with no weapon sat all ? (or have an option to setup weapons for monsters per wave unless they have they're own weapons)

SO far i am the only one posted invasion maps on filefront.com
      I mean come one people, the Invasion mod is out here for so long and no one makes maps for it ? Am i the only one in this world who loves this mod so much ? Sure it supports maps of all kinds but if you put your mind into it, there is allot needs to be added, like hide outs and secret places with health recovery and ammo and more. Come on guys, if not us than who ???????

Comment

<snip> Decided to retract my offer, too much other work at the mo

Comment

Originally posted by GUPraeToriaN View Post
          i used to have the nali spawn with the deemer....not a good idea,they pulverized everyone on the map in around 15 seconds

Thats what i loved about the old invasion, full customisation of weapons.
          Instagib gun and deemer were the only two weapons i never gave the monsters though, that would be just sick ;p

I will use the krall as a replacement for my nali, hopefully Galtanor will give them every weapon, like to see a variety of weapons in one wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
            Thats what i loved about the old invasion, full customisation of weapons.
            Instagib gun and deemer were the only two weapons i never gave the monsters though, that would be just sick ;p

I will use the krall as a replacement for my nali, hopefully Galtanor will give them every weapon, like to see a variety of weapons in one wave.
            oh i used to have the instagib minigun....i gave that to the nali....LOL i had to wait for the nali's to die & the round to end before comming out of hiding. it was indeed sick,but the deemer nalis where the worst...i also used to have a mut called the nuke launhcer which was like the deemer but with more power...it basically wiped the entire level out with one missle,i wanted to find out what a nali would do with that....the level ended in the first second the nali fired it.every one and i mean every one was litterally skeletized with in 2 seconds...last time i give the nali that weapon, LOL never again.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=612576

These robots would be cool to frag in invasion.

Comment

Love the changes in v013, only thing missing from the suggestions is an option to override boss weapon.

Would be nice to make some deemer or instagib bosses to really scare the players.

Also make sure in random weapon option that all weapons in the game are possible but dont include deemer and instagib, those two weapons would be too powerful for normal monster.

And one last thing, invasionrobots would be nice as an option, can just use the robots that came with the game so wont increase the download size at all.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Comment

Jump boot monster- would love to fight a monster that does non stop massive jumps, would make it an interesting target with different movement from the rest, great for instagib practice.

Comment

Custom wave titles!

A message we could display on screen at the start of each wave would be nice so players know what to expect.

For example:
                    "The Baby Wave"
                    -wave full of miniature monsters

"rise of the undead"
                    -zombie monsters

"melee mayhem"
                    -melee monsters

"hell wave"
                    -deemer wave hehe

(and dont forget fully configurable boss options: size, hp, weapons etc)

Comment

Also, the grey krall being used is almost impossible to see on alot of grey/blue/brown maps, my eyes are bad i know, can you use a brighter colour krall, something green would be nice, suits them being reptiles.
                      I have yet to make a green skin for them, as we can not export the current textures to edit them. I will change the Krall skill to the blue team skin to make it a bit more visible.

Could you also add the liandri bot's as invasion monsters, again with random weapon on spawn.
                      Would be nice if we could increase their size later on in the game and fight giant robots.
                      I will have to look and see if the liandri bot is a skeletal mesh I can use.

Also can you give us the option of changing Boss weapon on each wave.
                      Ok, I spent most of last weekend seperating the monster code from the weapon code. This will make it much easier to switch weapons out. In the next version, you will be able to change all the weapons with any standard one on all the monsters that use a normal skeleton (human/krall). The special monsters, like the mining bots, will only be able to use the special weapons that I have created. As a bonus, the weapons will be usable by players, but keep in mind that I have not created custom meshes or skins for any of them.

Originally posted by microbious View Post
                      Galtanor
                      Monstername=blah?size=1.0?groundlevel=0? speaking of ground level remember monstermanager for ut2004 ? they had monster scale option and some custom monsters that were imported from games like "Half life 2" and such were somewhat half way underground. So giving the option to set the 0 ground for monsters is a big plus when it comes to resizing them. (you never know what monster packs will show up in the future do you ?) correct me if am wrong.
                      I will have to look into it more. Resizing monsters on the fly does have the problem you mentioned. I have been attempting to create a formula to fix it on the fly, but am still working on it.

Originally posted by microbious View Post
                      Speaking of weapons, any way to have first wave as a target practice monsters with no weapon sat all ? (or have an option to setup weapons for monsters per wave unless they have they're own weapons)
                      I can add an option for "none" as a replacement weapon.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=612576
                      These robots would be cool to frag in invasion.
                      True, but in order for it to work, the creator of them will need to create a special one-piece version for invasion. (You can NOT create custom meshes for Bots/NPCs after the game has started. Well, you can. But its an incredible mess of code that I do not feel like tackling yet.)

Love the changes in v013, only thing missing from the suggestions is an option to override boss weapon. Would be nice to make some deemer or instagib bosses to really scare the players. Also make sure in random weapon option that all weapons in the game are possible but dont include deemer and instagib, those two weapons would be too powerful for normal monster.
                      As listed above, you will now have the option of replacing the weapons on almost all of the monsters. Also, I have created an option of "random" which will replace it with a random weapon from a list that YOU can define in the UTGaltanorsInvasionMonsters.ini file. This will allow you to give weapons that other people have created to the monsters.

And one last thing, invasionrobots would be nice as an option, can just use the robots that came with the game so wont increase the download size at all.
                      At present I feel that Davision's work on his Bunnies and Mice is too good to not include. Hopefully once we get the current set finalized you will only have to download it once.

Jump boot monster- would love to fight a monster that does non stop massive jumps, would make it an interesting target with different movement from the rest, great for instagib practice.
                      You could another monster... or just turn the Skill on the Tommy Wabbit all the way up... it will do exactly that.

Custom wave titles!
                      I already have an option to a title for the whole set, you want to display a title for every wave?

Ok, I think that wraps everything up since my last post. Sorry for not posting as often.

Davision: The new models are great! I must ask for 1 thing tho: can you please remove the tubes off the back of the headless mouse? I have managed to get the "Eye" mouse in game. When you headshot him, I simply swap meshes, play the OMG Wheres My Head animation, then switch weapon modes and aggro levels. It works fairly well, except they bounce and dodge so much its difficult to land a headshot =P

The others are comming along. Next weekend I will have 5 days off, so if everything goes well, I may be able to wrap this all up for version 013.

- Galtanor

Comment

Ye was thinking a message at the start of each wave was nice as an option, in future with new monster packs people will be able to make nice themed waves, but this is not rly important, was just an idea.

Tommy wabbit, i have all monster skill in invasion at max 1.0 so i assume the wabbit is at max already for me, is there a way i could make him jump even higher, some wacky movement would be nice.

Any1 remember professor farnsworth:
                        http://ini.hazelwhorley.com/futurama.html

He had a custom deemer which was great for invasion, alot bigger and slower than normal deemer, with huge blast radius for knockback, but small radius blast for actual damage. The great thing about it was that you could shoot the deemer down and score points for it!
                        A custom deemer for monsters would be cool.
                        Just needs these changes from normal deemer:
                        -bigger
                        -slower
                        -do less damage, unless close to missle impact
                        -able to score points from it when shot down

013 looks so good, thx Galtanor.

Comment

Setting monsters difficulty to 1 will not make them any smarter.
                          It will only make then do more damage-run faster-shoot you, but these idiots just ignore you and mind theyrr own business like am not even there.
                          IF the monster runs by, it would shoot me and run where ever it was runing LOL

By the way: So i made this map full of dynamic lights and wonder if there is a way to turn off monsters dynamic lights caz my FPS on this map is half of normal.
                          An option would be nice

Comment

Auto taunt monster.

Using another krall skin, add a taunting krall that does the taunt animations non stop while its moving, will be fun to frag.

Is this possible?

Comment

Davision: The new models are great! I must ask for 1 thing tho: can you please remove the tubes off the back of the headless mouse? I have managed to get the "Eye" mouse in game. When you headshot him, I simply swap meshes, play the OMG Wheres My Head animation, then switch weapon modes and aggro levels. It works fairly well, except they bounce and dodge so much its difficult to land a headshot =P

The others are comming along. Next weekend I will have 5 days off, so if everything goes well, I may be able to wrap this all up for version 013.
                              Of course, i will do more work on it this weekend. I will also make the textures a bit more interresting. Very cool that you get it working!
                              But can you also make that they can take only head damage? With body damage they cant be killed, just like real zombies you know, I think making the zombie mice slow would be cool, because "real" zombies are also normally slow and stupid.

Right now the monsters config and waves seem very optimized for using the mod with RPG because when i play without RPG i simply suck and die in one of the early waves. I think it would be a good idea to make 2 versions of the monster config and wave tables, the current for with RPG and a 2nd config for without RPG and then making it automaticly swap. That would be also very good later on for the MSUC Judges that will most likely play without RPG and then they will die in one of the first waves and wont see much of the mod. Or maybe you can do this somehow with making a % value for all the monsters health and damage so they can be easily adjusted.

UI for mods is not working right?

Comment

a couple of monsters i would like to see in the next version (014 if at all possible) is these monsters
                                S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl

this one is from hell gate london

these monsters are from the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl

Comment

Working...
                                X