Galtanor's Invasion [Beta][Pics][Updated 10/26/2008][v022][Patch 1.3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thread Hijack almost complete. The RBTT Invasion Mod is getting more and more better as the days go buy. In fact our server has quickly jumped to the #25 spot on GameTracker because of it. If you really want to impress the ladies I would run our mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what does steam have to do with UT3 ?
    Oh no, steam got its hand on this game too ?
    OH MY GOD if next unreal tournament will run only with STEAM i am so OUT of here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My BattleRPG Invasion server (w/Galtanor's) is still running on server version 1.3 and using BIAVote. Non-Steam players with the 2.1 patch can play on it. I assume the issue still remains with the Steam version being unable to connect to 1.3 servers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    not really, Galtanor already tried and there were to many problems with it.
    Webadmin cant work with custom game types as far as i know (tried 100's of times)

However this gametype can work if it was officially added just like it did back in ut2004.
    Next patch could have this as a part of an update, but it will not happened caz RBTT will not give it away for free, plus it is still under development and lots of things needs to be fixed.
    Even webadmin is not a part of UT3 today's patch, you still have to go get it elsewhere from some guy who works hard to make it better (bet my *** its a guy LOL)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    .... make it a gametype as well. seems to be easier as a gamemode.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    man... invasion authors should work together instead having many forks...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried RBTTinvasion

Just tried RBTTinvasion and i have to say its more like UT2004 invasion.
    1 problem is that they dont spawn monsters as Galtanors invasion did.
    All monsters were on red team and RBTT invasion has them random like in ut2004.
    I have made may invasion maps for UT3 and now all of them have a problem
    I wish RBTTInvasion would change monsters spawn to same way they did in Galtanors invasion.
    Imagine how many people had made maps for Galtanorsinvasion and now switched to RBTT ?
    Well all of them got ******

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
    Perhaps. Don't think there are that many running it compared to Galtanor's; but will give it an honest try.
    I am so giving it a try.
    My server is down for so long and i made so many invasion maps for it it makes e sick to be unable to play caz voting is screwed up with galtanors invasion.
    I used to love it but not that no one is updating it anymore it just sucks.

Wish he would release source of his mod so ppl can make it up to date or better.

Thanks galtanor, it was a great ride once (but not anymore i guess)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perhaps. Don't think there are that many running it compared to Galtanor's; but will give it an honest try.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe it's time to look into running a different Invasion mutator?

http://www.rbthinktank.com/rbtt/inde...page&Itemid=55

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hard to say. Galtanor did say he was taking a break during the end of last year and seems to visit the board every 3 to 4 weeks, but hasn't made any comment in several months. A fix to get it compatible to the new patch would be nice. Or, if he is tired of working on it perhaps he could open source it so development could continue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there going to be any more development for this Invasion mode? I've seen another more recent Invasion mode around, but I'm very used to this one here, is it a "dead" project? Or it's on hold for the moment maybe?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup, maybe I should try 75 of those Ninja Bunnies

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea lots of minimice is heavy! Also funny is lots of easter bunnys then you really have to look where you step because of all the eggtimer!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm, I recently viewed the page that lets you edit the "UTGaltanorsInvasionWaves" .ini file, 100 MiniMouse's at one time is INTENSE. And yes, it kind of lags at some point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X