No announcement yet.

Galtanor's Invasion [Beta][Pics][Updated 10/26/2008][v022][Patch 1.3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please no RPG, thats what killed Inv for me. Not a problem for a bit, but when 99% of the inv servers ran RPG it sucked hard.

Comment

all want invasion like i make in ut2004 ...

full differents monster ... somes boses .. hard and many action ...

full weapons range and the must important dont forget the fun

that all

Comment

Cool mod thanks!

Comment

Looks promising, as long as you don't go crazy with the sh1th0u5s3 monsters like in fraghouse, i will dload this. If you port over the skaarj i will dload regardless. Having "Necris Invasion" would be cool too, where the enemies are only necris and krall.

Comment

absoloutly perfect.
            keep the updates coming, new monsters more levels, more features and some servers!

Comment

That I am not sure yet. I think I need to build a custom search set, probably subclassing the UTGameSearchCommon class... I will try to look into it this weekend.
              Okey thanks. I can find a file called UTGameSearchTDM you probably have to subclass that or subclass UTGameSearchCommon which is the parent of UTGameSearchTDM. Just need to find a way to let the gametype use this Gamesearch aswell. If you find anything, let me know

Comment

Since of course the invasion gamemode will only show DM maps installed, why not make a Invasion mutator along with it so you can have Invasion on any map (like Suspense), all it'd do would taking away the teams and making it you and your team vs hordes of monsters!

Comment

I can't seem to get it to work...I extracted the zip to: (my name): Documents:My Games: UT3

but the mode isn't showing up on the server list (or if I try and host it). Any suggestions?

Comment

It needs to go more into that

Namely the CookedPC folder, then Published then i haven't a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                      It needs to go more into that

Namely the CookedPC folder, then Published then i haven't a clue.
                      Hmm...I tried (my name) : Documents : My Games : UT3 : UTGame : Published : Cooked PC

EDIT: there, I think i got it now. That seems to be the correct directory if other people can't work it.

Comment

Update...

Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away Friday evening and I have not been able to work on this as much as I wanted to this weekend.

I was able to setup a server and found out a few things...

In order for map voting to work, you will need to add these lines into one of the INI files in your config directory... I have added it into the UTGaltanorsInvasion.ini and will include it in the next update.
                        Code:
                        [UTGame.UTGame]
                        GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="GaltanorsInvasion",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Biohazard","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-Fearless","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa","DM-Carbonfire"))
                        Regarding the server browser not finding only of this type: It seems to be a general problem with the server browser. Mysterial's Slaughterhouse gametype suffers from this as well. Epic is probably already aware of the problem and hopefully will fix it in the upcoming patch.

Regarding where the files go...

The UTGaltanorsInvasion.ini, UTGaltanorsInvasionMonsters.ini, UTGaltanorsInvasionWaves.ini files all go in here:
                        C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

The GaltanorsInvasion.int goes in here:
                        C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Localization\INT

The GaltanorsInvasion.u goes in here:
                        C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script

Replace <user name> with the name you log into the computer with.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Galthanor. Don't worry about it, we're a community who ha learned to wait so one weekends delay is nothing to us.

Comment

It will be cool when this is finished. You should do a BR mod next.

Comment

Very nice work, good to see Invasion back
                              I certainly hope it would be possible to hijack some monsters of Gears of War and use those, given that it's legal. They would be quite suitable, many different sizes, from the kryll as the little flying buggers, to the Brumak as titans or whatever, very varied.

Comment

Has anyone tried this with the new patch. My dedicated server keeps resettiing the game. BTW ill test patches if you like. Sudreal are a bunch of invasion junkies

Comment

Working...
                                X