• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
    Yay easter bunny works now.

Found 2 bugs in v17 so far:

1- beams dont show.
    Laser mouse, electric mouse, darkwalker etc, we dont see their beams online.

2- monsters are not invis online.
    Offline my predator cyz works fine and is totally invis but online we see him clearly, although he is still invis on radar.

Also the invasion ini was not updated, it has:
    FriendlyName=Galtanor's Invasion v016
    Ok, will have fixes uploaded shortly.

Could you also add Davs new snow gibs to the freezebunny too.
    He has not given them to me yet. As soon as he does I will add them into the next version.

Originally posted by AndrewofDoom View Post
    My Suggestions:
    You have alot of interesting suggestions. I do not know if some of them are possible and I dont know when I would be able to implement them, but we shall see.

"-To monster drop items: Add the weapon ammos for the dropable item list."

This is not needed though, i equip alot of monsters with random weapons, when you kill them they drop their weapon and ammo comes with it so that stuff is already there.
    Ok, I had thought about making ammo drops, but since most maps have enough ammo, I put it aside for now.

Originally posted by Davision View Post
    Laser Mouse is very cool now! They make a nice lasershow and you can nicely turn around them to dodge the laser. Just that he is rollerskateing when shooting is a let down. Can you make them stand on their position when shooting? Or i could make another shooting animation with walking?
    I will make a different material for the SuperLasermouse
    I need to look thru the bot code again. Unfortunately there is no single point to verify mobility in the controller code. Give me a little more time and I will see what I can do. If you want it to look right WHILE they are moving, the best bet would be to make the weapon and helmet a separate mesh. Then I could trigger the animation separately from their walking animations.

The new spider monsters are also very cool! But i have a lot of problems seeing them in darker level, maybe give them a slightly glow. And for the spiders that are drilling in your head, i would like to see them in a glowy red because these things are really powerfull.
    I will have a new material with lighting on them in the next release.

The gibs package needs to be renamend to something unique, i get errors and ut crashes when i want to play online. But thats only a problem for me because if have the new gibs version also allready in my custom chars folder for the rodents faction. Seems it just causes the error because they are exactly the same.
    Hopefully fixed today.

Originally posted by edithegodfather View Post
    Omg. The history is repeating! xD I just downloaded the game mode and went on to search for some servers an guess what...no servers . C'mon dudes, stop beeing nostalgial and try to recreate ut2004 :-/ . Why do you think they took out the invasion in the first place? It's because noone played it, just like now. I can see people made a bombing run also which aparently is doing kinda well at the moment but i don't know how long will that last .
    /Shrug... dont like it, dont play it. Unreal Tournament 3 is a great product that lets us mod it into the type of game we want. I wanted an Invasion mod and even if no one else played it, I would still have made it.

Agree with Dav, the new mech spiders are completely black, very difficult to see, maybe give them a light or glow or something, they are awesome for my starship troopers tribute wave.
    Also can you slow down the rate of fire of the minimechspider, there are already alot of monsters doing heavy damage to players so we need some weak pea shooters which would suit the role of the minimechspiders.
    Yep, will do. Rate will be slowed down to 0.5 second and only 15 damage.

Spider mines- all are black, really hard to see, use the red team coloured version instead.
    On the Mechanical Golem ones? or the Mech Spiders? ( Ah, NM, I change them both =P )

- Galtanor

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by edithegodfather View Post
    Omg. The history is repeating! xD I just downloaded the game mode and went on to search for some servers an guess what...no servers . C'mon dudes, stop beeing nostalgial and try to recreate ut2004 :-/ . Why do you think they took out the invasion in the first place? It's because noone played it, just like now. I can see people made a bombing run also which aparently is doing kinda well at the moment but i don't know how long will that last .
    If you were looking for Invasion servers, thank Epic for not allowing you to see "OTHER" servers. We all had to create a custom entry to allow us to see servers OTHER than the standard gametypes delivered with the server. That information is somewhere in this thread as well as in the General section...

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=616261

As for popularity, Invasion always had some of the more popular servers. Not as many of them by far but always ranked highly. Plenty of other UT3 servers out there with standard types.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Me, Dav and Scorpz had no trouble finding our server this morning

Agree with Dav, the new mech spiders are completely black, very difficult to see, maybe give them a light or glow or something, they are awesome for my starship troopers tribute wave.
    Also can you slow down the rate of fire of the minimechspider, there are already alot of monsters doing heavy damage to players so we need some weak pea shooters which would suit the role of the minimechspiders.

Spider mines- all are black, really hard to see, use the red team coloured version instead.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Laser Mouse is very cool now! They make a nice lasershow and you can nicely turn around them to dodge the laser. Just that he is rollerskateing when shooting is a let down. Can you make them stand on their position when shooting? Or i could make another shooting animation with walking?
    I will make a different material for the SuperLasermouse

The new spider monsters are also very cool! But i have a lot of problems seeing them in darker level, maybe give them a slightly glow. And for the spiders that are drilling in your head, i would like to see them in a glowy red because these things are really powerfull.

The gibs package needs to be renamend to something unique, i get errors and ut crashes when i want to play online. But thats only a problem for me because if have the new gibs version also allready in my custom chars folder for the rodents faction. Seems it just causes the error because they are exactly the same.

@ AndrewofDoom
    lol at humping monsters! Crazy ideas
    I aggree that there need to be more weak monsters but why are you suggesting so many very strong monsters then? . I allready have something in mind for a weak monster that could be like the UT2 manta. I also have something for a flying rodent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X