No announcement yet.

Galtanor's Invasion [Beta][Pics][Updated 10/26/2008][v022][Patch 1.3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tried it out today and it all worked fairly well.

keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Galtanor View Post
      UTBotDecisionComponent, and is implemented in native code. If this native code is tied directly to the UTBot class, making a copy of it would create a brainless controller class.

Code:
      for( C = Level.ControllerList; C != None; C = C.nextController ) {
      if(C.IsA('InvMonsterController') {x++;}
      }
      Ah, I took a quick glance at the UTBot class, but didn't look in depth...didn't notice there was native code tied to it they didn't put in the source....realizing that I would not have asked I know exactly what you mean. I will probably just add "&& UTBot(C).bSpawnedByKismet" to where I normally do a "IsA('UTBot')"...simple enough.

We run RPG on our server, but I code generic "fun" things that work with various gametypes from Team Arena, to RPG to all the normal games.

If you're bored, you can see an old list of some of the code I did...haven't updated the list in about a year....no point in spending time updating something for ut2004 for the last year really
      http://www.dawga.com/screenshots/commands.txt

We still do some games and such, like I spawn everyone in a beefy hummer in a circle facing eachother and we all go at it until only 1 is left...coded so on impact, the faster vehicle takes no damage and we can all see eachothers health/name (played in lms mode).

I mostly code "toys" for the game, fun things to add to it, but nothing super important. Like adding a horse to the game that my cowboy character could ride, adding trotting sounds, and the ability for it to jump and sprint like the scorpion's boost.

can't wait for your next update....couple little things noticed, can't recall them now....one is when you die the last time, it stays at Lives:1 while you spec around instead of going to 0. I wrote a mod to ressurect me and prior to ressurection, Lives: 1 is on the HUD, but the numLives = 3, so when you do
      Code:
      MessageStr = "  Lives: " $ string(InvGRI.MaxLives - InvPRI.ReplicatedNumLives);
      the ReplicatedNumLives must not have gotten the right value from the UpdateGameReplicationInfo() call or something.

With the wave never ending, perhaps if a player stays in a certain place so long, they are relocated to a spawn point, but you'll have to remove them from a vehicle.

I'll recode a "kick someone out of a vehicle" thing later, but here's a snippet from UT2004....
      Code:
                  		aVehicle.KDriverLeave(true);
                  		if ( ONSVehicle(aVehicle) != none){
                  			np = ONSVehicle(aVehicle).NumPassengers();
                  			for ( j=0; j<np; j++){
                  				ONSVehicle(aVehicle).WeaponPawns[j].KDriverLeave(true);
                  			}
                  		}
                          aVehicle.Destroy();
      since they may be in a vehicle but not in the driver seat.

Comment

P.S. keep up the great work, lots of people supporting what you're doing for us!

Comment

Originally posted by bushbomb View Post
          can't wait for your next update....couple little things noticed, can't recall them now....one is when you die the last time, it stays at Lives:1 while you spec around instead of going to 0. I wrote a mod to ressurect me and prior to ressurection, Lives: 1 is on the HUD, but the numLives = 3, so when you do
          Thanks for pointing that out... will have it fixed in the next version.

With the wave never ending, perhaps if a player stays in a certain place so long, they are relocated to a spawn point, but you'll have to remove them from a vehicle.
          Two things will fix this...
          1) I already have code to port bots/monsters (but not players) back to a spawn point if they are idle to long. It also kicks them out of the current vehicle they are in... Turrets are now a subclass of vehicle... so the routine should work wither they are in the driver seat or in a passenger turret. I do not destroy the vehicle, most of the time it goes poof before they get back to it.
          2) In the next version, the monsters will be FAR more aggressive in seeking out the players and bots to kill =P

My current group of testers seem MIA due to the holidays... so it may be a few more days before I am ready to release the next version.

Comment

Can't wait for the next update

Noticed a red dot on the minimap that is far away from any players, tried going to it, but it's outside of the map. I'm playing + 2 bots, and all 3 of us are in one area. The extra bonus red dot goes away sometimes, and comes back sometimes.

Also, You may want to add 1 to the Wave number, since It's easier on the eyes to have a 1 based index, even though it's actually using a 0 based index. "Wave 1" is normally the first wave, not "Wave 0" to match the original invasion.

I'll post any other findings as they come up. Also, if they are more aggressive, you may want to see if you can tone down the accuracy of the enforcer skeletons just a little bit. They have great accuracy it seems.

Comment

Where do i install this on my UT3 folder, which section am i required to put each separate folder!?

Comment

Thanks bushbomb, glad you are enjoying it.

Noticed a red dot on the minimap that is far away from any players, tried going to it, but it's outside of the map. I'm playing + 2 bots, and all 3 of us are in one area. The extra bonus red dot goes away sometimes, and comes back sometimes.
                Fixed in next version.

Also, You may want to add 1 to the Wave number, since It's easier on the eyes to have a 1 based index, even though it's actually using a 0 based index. "Wave 1" is normally the first wave, not "Wave 0" to match the original invasion.
                Fixed in next version.

I'll post any other findings as they come up. Also, if they are more aggressive, you may want to see if you can tone down the accuracy of the enforcer skeletons just a little bit. They have great accuracy it seems.
                In the UTGaltanorsInvasion.ini, I have included an option called 'MonsterDifficulty'... it defaults to 1.00000. Try setting it down to maybe, 0.75... it is supposed to reduce their Accuracy, Aggressiveness, Alertness, StrafingAbility, Tactics, ReactionTime, and Jumpiness attributes. I may tone them down specifically in code, but I would like to see more comments after I release the next version.

Originally posted by RPDUmbrellaSTARS View Post
                Where do i install this on my UT3 folder, which section am i required to put each separate folder!?
                I have it explained here on the invasion website: http://http://invasion.sudreal.org/index.php?title=Frequent_Questions
                Since its been asked enough times, I will add it to the first post.

I have a some clean up and few final tests runs to do, then I am going to release version 005, maybe later tonight.

P.S - fixed the URL

Comment

Ive just tryed this site " http://http://invasion.sudreal.org/i...uent_Questions" and its not coming up, is just say's internet Explorer cannot display the webpage!

???????

Comment

Try http://invasion.sudreal.org, and then click on Frequent Questions from the menu on the left.

Comment

Tried it out, and there was something with it I couldn't place, and then it hit me: The monsters do not have the blue glow from afar. Makes it very difficult to find enemies. Without the radar it'd be something like impossible.

Otherwise, fantastic job, I'd love to help any way I can, and thanks for having the players and monsters spawn at opposite sides in team-based maps; suddenly, Invasion maps can have a new level of depth. I can totally imagine a castle-like map, like that one Assault map in UT, I want to say Amazon...

Anyway, yes, great work, I look forward to your coming installments.

Comment

Version 005

Links on the first page have been updated as usual.

Version 005 Notes:
                        Features Added
                        • Added game announcement when player is out. (Text only tho... you really do not want to hear my voice =P)
                        • Added a 'Boss' Monster feature. You can specify a monster class and number to spawn at the end of the wave. (They are part of the wave total.)
                        • Added Per Map wave configuration.
                        • Added Per Map intro message.
                        • Added the ability to create 'vehicle-monsters'... this allowed me to use the Dark Walker as a monster.
                        • Added the option to specify a monster can not be killed by a headshot.
                        • Added the option to specify a monster can not be run over or crushed by a vehicle.
                        • Added a monster, Nuclear Bones. (By request from CodeSlave).
                        • Added a monster, DarkWalker.
                        • Added a HUD option, bEnableSmallDots. Setting this to true will draw the player/monster dots smaller. (The large ones are bigger then the vehicles.)

General Improvements
                        • Made the monsters more aggressive.
                        • Made the stuck/porting option not affect players.
                        • Changed the Rocket Kralls to carry Arvil launchers.
                        • Disabled vehicle factories at the 'Blue Base' (where monsters spawn for VCTF). Reason is because some monsters were getting stuck trying to go around vehicles.
                        • Number of lives a player receives when he/she joins will be adjusted based on what wave the game is currently on.
                        • Created a 'NoFamilyPawn' class that has all the functions that access the Family class over ridden. (This is internal cleanup stuff.)

Bugs Fixed
                        • Fixed random player dots appearing on the HUD.
                        • Fixed on VCTF maps, when a player gets into a vehicle, it leaves a 'ghost' red dot behind.
                        • Fixed ReplicatedNumLives not updating after a player dies.
                        • Fixed the wave numbers on HUD display. (It now starts at wave 1 instead of 0.)

Other
                        • Possibly fixed joining a network game after it has started should not make you get stuck in spectator mode. (needs testing)
                        • Possibly fixed the issue with being unable to chat when dead. (needs testing)

There is a couple of surprises I did not list yet =P
                        The last 2 under 'Other' I really need tested and feedback. CodeSlave has been out on vacation all week and has not been able to upload it to his server.
                        I am trying to keep track of everyones suggests and comments. I made quite a number of changes/additions on this version, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
                        And have fun!

Comment

I hope you will add that some monsters kill each other, like in ut2k4.

I found the "special" surprise!

truly oh my god! that were my thoughts!

Comment

yay update !

is anybody try with this RPG Mutator ??
                            it menu show up but there is nothings to buy ..
                            is only me ? or ?
                            I want many artifacts like UT2004 have ...
                            http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594917

Comment

A few bugs...

Sorry everyone, a few bugs have popped up. Most notably if you pick a DM map that is enclosed, and the Dark Walkers do not have room to spawn, the wave will not end. I will look at it and try to have it fixed ASAP. For the moment, you can manually remove them from the wave config, or use the wave config from version 004.

A couple other things I failed to mention:
                              • I have enabled WAR maps... but they are quite buggy. I *hate* the thought of disabling all game objectives out-right, on the basis that map makers might want to try to use them in the future. So, what I would really like is some suggestions on how to use/disable the current WAR objectives (cores, nodes, flags, and barricades).
                              • I have conformation that joining a network game after it has started should no longer make you get stuck in spectator mode, but if someone has a server running this, can I please get conformation on wither or not the issue with being unable to chat when dead has been fixed?

As always, any other comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
                              Galtanor

Comment

Just a thought... to make the experience seem more "authentic", perhaps you could equip monsters with unique weapons in the future (example: a beam staff for krall)? This is just an idea and, on a scale of 1 to 10 of urgency, probably a 4.
                                Hopefully helpful,
                                -XCase

Comment

Working...
                                X