Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-DG-Hypoxia [beta][pics] (was "Enclosure")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
    Is Torlan a word? or Gael?
    Corral sounds a bit too cowboy-ish (cattle corral). Any other name ideas? Something steel, arena, high-altitude -ish? SteelCorral...
    Steel Sky, High Rise...

Some of the Greek Islands have some cool sounding names...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_islands

Such as...

Skyros
    Hydra
    Skorpios
    Nero
    Nimos
    Andros

How about these...

Nexus
    Plateau
    Bloctagon
    Pinnacle

Erm... that's it.

Comment

Names; you have a lot of cues in the map story on your site. TopFloor, LockDown, Trapped, Mayhem, and to spin the gas accident thing; Madness, Hypoxia, Anoxi, Intoxic, etc etc. Pick one. ^^

Comment

Nice work Definitely THE best usermade map I've see so far.

Comment

Looks alot like GAEL And it looks awesome btw...

Comment

Thanks guys.

I like BlackSteel and Hypoxia... any favorites? I'm leaning towards Hypoxia.
            Nexus and LockDown are good but are already taken as map names.

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
            Nice work Definitely THE best usermade map I've see so far.
            Wait until you see what I have coming next for maps...
            Even better than this map. Screenshots soon.

Comment

*\o/* Woot "my" suggestion won! *\o/* Better then winning the "omicronDawn" thread..

Comment

Fantastic quality map. The new Gael for UT3!

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
                  *\o/* Woot "my" suggestion won! *\o/* Better then winning the "omicronDawn" thread..
                  I'll be crediting you in the readme file for the map name.

Originally posted by Spank$hot_BT View Post
                  Fantastic quality map. The new Gael for UT3!
                  Thanks.
                  I'll be releasing the final renamed beta version in the morning and making the web site page public.
                  It has some tweaks to the audio (better fx blending), and the PostProcessing was turned up a bit more (Bloom and DOF).

I'll have preview screenshots of my next two maps (a DM and a WAR) on my web site in the next week or so. These are already looking way better than DM-Hypoxia. The WAR map is using some custom stuff I have been working on to take the level of terrain detail way above what the regular UE3 can do.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
                    I'll have preview screenshots of my next two maps (a DM and a WAR) on my web site in the next week or so. These are already looking way better than DM-Hypoxia. The WAR map is using some custom stuff I have been working on to take the level of terrain detail way above what the regular UE3 can do.
                    That is what I am looking forward to seeing ... you made some great ONS maps and it has been a long wait but hopefully it will be worth it because I really want to see what you can do with a larger scale DM map 6-10 players (kinda like Krodan in terms of a mix of terrain and some structures) and definitely what you do with a War and VCTF maps. I will be keeping an eye out for your upcoming levels.

Comment

Hypoxia final version is on the web site. Note the map name and web page URL change. I will be posting this into the Full Release area of the forums now.

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                      That is what I am looking forward to seeing ...
                      Thanks.
                      I have two WAR maps already designed and one partially constructed. These are 7 and 8 node maps with larger sizes similar to my SandStone maps, so they will properly handle the full player load.
                      The next three DM maps that are already designed are totally new styles and layouts.
                      All of the upcoming maps are using custom content though, so they are going to be larger downloads, but I'm going to try to keep things at 50MB or smaller.

Comment

Cool, can't wait to see what you come up with for your Warfare maps,

Comment

Working...
                        X