Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-DG-Hypoxia [beta][pics] (was "Enclosure")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-DG-Hypoxia [beta][pics] (was "Enclosure")

Updated: 2007-12-15 11:07am

Name: DM-DG-Hypoxia
    Version: final version
    Requirements: UT3 PC
    Players: 2 to 8 (20 playerstarts)
    Download: final download from my web site here.
    Mirrors: coming soon

This map has been renamed (from Enclosure) since another community mapper has chosen the same name.

A small arena style map great for flak and rocket fragging. Includes most standard weapons. Similar style to Gael etc. but with a dark metal industrial look. Excellent with 3 to 5 players and the slow death mutator. This map is just me playing around with the UT3 stock content for now.

Preview screenshots:

Wow man that's looking hot! You clearly know your stuff! I'm especially impressed with the lighting - something people (imo) so often get wrong. Anyway, fantastic looking map and I can't wait to play!

Comment

lookin awsome DG. Can't wait to get my hands on this sucker

Comment

looks sex, cant wait!

Comment

Thanks guys.
          You can download the first beta version now. Link in first post.

Comment

im getting a dead link on that mirror?

Comment

Oll snag it after work, looks sweet.

Comment

Yes !

and yes yes !
                your map is show up now !!!

Comment

Looks fantastic - best looking custom map i've seen so far. Professional leve well done, this is what every mapper should be aiming for.

Comment

If no bugs are found in the next day I will finish the map off and set it for release.

Originally posted by eckz View Post
                    im getting a dead link on that mirror?
                    I just tried it again here and it works.
                    Click on the link above should take you to my web site, click on the Download link on the page and you should get the map.

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                    Looks fantastic - best looking custom map i've seen so far. Professional leve well done, this is what every mapper should be aiming for.
                    Thanks. I have been working with UE3 for two years now so I probably have an advantage over most of the level design community.

I have four additional maps already planned for UT3 that are as good or better than this, including custom content. Two DMs, a CTF and a WAR that features more nodes like my UT2004 16 to 32 player maps such as Sandstone.

Comment

Nice Job DG!

Comment

The first custom map that has the quality quite close to the Epic's maps.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Any comments on bugs, fixes, or areas that need improvement?
                          Is it too dark for anyone?

Comment

not too dark, but a light here and there might look cool...

I am having a problem with the textures "blurring" out though... I know there's a fix for that, but don't remember off the top of my head...

Other than that, looks friggin great, especially love the buildings out those windows...

Comment

ah a proper custom map at last... nice one.

Comment

Working...
                              X