Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im working on CTF-Face, and Id like some feedback..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait wait wait. Its good that you are redoing face in a unique way! Face classic is to be made by epic so this new oriental look will be great for a user remake. The thing is, the asteroide was part of faces core atmosphere and gameplay. unfortunately it isn't going to work with orientalness eh?

What i suggest is having these bases on a high mountain top, like dm-peak from UT1. This way players can still fall off from the main arena and die like face classic, but you can still do away with the asteroid idea. This will also add a different atmosphere, i am sure it would be much more surreal and interesting then a normal landscape valley setup with a lake and a few trees. Having it at twilight on a high mountain top would be 1337!

Over all the structure is looking great! I can't see how it looks anything like faces original layout, but pushing that aside it is a fine job. Keep going!

Comment

****! This was my idea. To make oriental face!
      But you first to do it. Good luck.

Only one thing : Red light near 2nd floor creatures looks weird.

Comment

oriental face ! omg wtf
        the screenshots .. meh
        stop trying to be original and make face as it belongs to be ! grr

Comment

NONONONO!!! Face as it is supposed to be will be done by epic and released in a bonuts bag. Other face remakes have creative license

Comment

You may have some competition soon. But I think i go for "Classic" or just another map. That japanese style tower does not feel exactly like classic faces.

Comment

Originally posted by {SotC}Karn View Post
              I liked the oriental theme, dont suppose ti really matters that much.
              I think it matters alot. I didnt like the egypt-theme from UT2004 and Im not the fan of the asian setting either. Face is a space map, thats the way I personly want a remake.

Well to be fair, from the art-side your approach is indeed good

Comment

I dont personally like it. Prefer the classic design/setting of Face.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                  im making the setting of the Miyazaki film Spirited Away
                  Awesome! Pics anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by haldolium View Post
                    I think it matters alot. I didnt like the egypt-theme from UT2004 and Im not the fan of the asian setting either. Face is a space map, thats the way I personly want a remake.

Well to be fair, from the art-side your approach is indeed good
                    the egypt version wasnt face, it was face 3 practically a complete different map with the same name really. With this map its the ground leading up to each bases is probably the most important part

Comment

Originally posted by Raze.at View Post
                      Awesome! Pics anytime soon?
                      Ok as you asked here are a few. Sorry to go off topic but i will only create a thread when i feel this map is ready for a beta release, and its only 30% finished atm.

[shot]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7794/bathhouse01hj8.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4546/bathhouse02tg2.jpg[/shot]

Maby check for a beta release in january!

Anyway to try and be on topic, Nawrot i like your asian themed style of face, the more maps with different gameplay the better, 20 people are bound to remake classic face including Epic.

EDIT: This map is not a face remake, its of the setting of an anime film called Spirited Away.

Comment

That looks really nice, can't wait too try it out.

Comment

It does look really good, would love to try and play it.

However it isn't quite what we know as Face, thus I would suggest giving it slightly different name. For one, because it was said Face is gonna be remade by Epic and would be coming in a Bonuspack. And maybe then still secondly because someone else might wanna try make a really true remake to the old Face.

Good effort tho, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
                            You may have some competition soon. But I think i go for "Classic" or just another map. That japanese style tower does not feel exactly like classic faces.
                            Awww... Its soo cute. Please, make original one too. But in space. Water looks strange...

Comment

looks fantastic!!! i would call it something other then CTF-FACE even tho its the same layout.. it does look quite different from the originals but i do love it, any variant of this map is brilliant, good luck n thanks for the efforts!

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
                                looks fantastic!!! i would call it something other then CTF-FACE even tho its the same layout.. it does look quite different from the originals but i do love it, any variant of this map is brilliant, good luck n thanks for the efforts!
                                Call it "Facing Something", instead of facing worlds.

Comment

Working...
                                X