(Remake) CTF-Incinerator (Screenshots) [Download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Remake) CTF-Incinerator (Screenshots) [Download]

This is my really first map, never used UED even previous UT versions. It's all hand-made and there may be few bugs.

Major bug is i don't know how to set up spawn points properly.

There are only 2 spawn points at the moment, I deleted the others because they don't work. You can play the map alone just offline, playing it online give this issue: after everyone is ready the match and the time countdown starts but noone can spawn and play.

I'd be glad if someone can help me fix this, #ltclan on quakenet or PM me here

Screens, download and credits here:
    http://irony.ngi.it/inci/

Try it offline and give some feedback pls! thx!

I remember this one. I believe it was originally made by slainchild or luvstud.
    Im glad Im not the only one that liked this one. Did you get permission for the remake?

ANyway, the spawn point problem could be a few things. Did you set team numbers and build all before play testing?

Are you sure the spawn point is within the field of the map, not outside?
    If you used subtractive method for building, I am not too sure if there is something else you need to do to enable spawning.

Comment

Pictures are working but the dl link isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by irony View Post
        This is my really first map, never used UED even previous UT versions. It's all hand-made and there may be few bugs.

Major bug is i don't know how to set up spawn points properly.

There are only 2 spawn points at the moment, I deleted the others because they don't work..
        Use "Team Player Starts" and assign the teams based on Blue or Red which is "0" or "1". Open up a CTF map in the editor, look at the team player starts to check the proper way of doing it.

Comment

I did fix download link, sry about that

I used subtractive method, thx Skyfurnace, i didnt set those lol, i'll try fix that

Comment

I offer the following tips

1) your map should be "additive" as opposed to "subtractive" that sky would look much better in additive.
            2) For future, try and add depth & bevels to your ceilings and floors, treat them the same as walls.

3) If you have a skylight actor, remove it. use point and directional lighting.

4) Work on aligning textures.

good luck.

Comment

Make this hallways walls more vertical so you can dodge off them

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ot00007ho1.jpg

Will play test it later, looks pretty good so far, nice work

Comment

Map looks good

Remarks:
                * It looks too plain, too simple - try and add some variation in the floor / wall - a brick that's lose, a brick 'popping' up - ... (just check out some other maps for inspiration)
                * Something is definatly wrong with the jumppads - they boost you up waaaaaay too high

Good job though - i'll keep my eye on this thread

Comment

yeah i remember this map! it was fun to play instagib matches here)

Comment

Working...
                  X